Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rogues appearing in Act 1

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Lie, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Lie

Lie IncGamers Member

Rogues appearing in Act 1

I was running through Blood Moor in Hell with a friend, and suddenly 2 Rogues appeared to help us, like merc rogues, but we hadn't hired them, we both had 2 Act 2 Mercs which were both dead at the time.

These rogues just appeared and started shooting stuff, I took a Screenshot of one and you can clearly see it doesn't belong to me or him.

[​IMG]

Anyone else had this happen?

I could even BO the rogues and stuff.

2. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

3. mrfrost

mrfrost IncGamers Member

I have had this happen once before, however, this is the first post I have seen to date describing this happening to someone else. I figured it was just my game being buggy, as it does some strange things from time to time.

Anyway this occurred to me in the Monastery Graveyard [Patch 1.10 btw] and I already had a Rogue Merc. However, the Rogue stayed in the graveyard and didn't follow beyond, or even into the crypt (or mausoleum). I actually figured that this was just part of the games mechanics: A rogue scout showing up to guard the graveyard since I had killed BloodRaven. Though this was just a one time occurence.

Consequently it has not happened but that once. Very strange.

4. Metalshredderr

Metalshredderr IncGamers Member

Forgive the n00b question below. I am re-buying Diablo 2 next week after a 5-year hiatus.

Anyways, whats so scary about seeing a Rogue Merc in act 1? Are they really strong or something?

5. FuryLasse

FuryLasse IncGamers Member

No, but they just arent supposed to be there, unless you have hired them.

6. Magical Trevor

Magical Trevor IncGamers Member

i love looking at ingame bugs. ya ur right it doesnt belong too anyone

7. Bongstrocity

Bongstrocity IncGamers Member

glad someone took a screen since i flaked on it. also cool that it's not just me who's experienced this. not cool that i'm leaving for work and stopped to check the forums and now will be late. or maybe being late is cool, like cigarettes.

8. HalcyonLister

HalcyonLister IncGamers Member

I wonder if this is some random thing like Flavie had a real PMS moment and decided to take matters into her own hands rather than hanging out at the blood moor/cold plains border :p

Seriously though. That's a wierd bug and I wonder if it is like in Act5 when you run through the fields and there are random barabarians running around killing stuff.

Has anyone had a random merc from Act2 run around in the dry hills or a merc from Act3 running around in the jungle?

Very odd. Considerate a friendly, helpful, fortunate bug :)

9. JME

JME IncGamers Member

I'll have to assume that this thread was necroed because the issue was dealt with earlier today in a separate thread and I think TheGiantTurtle referenced it for simplicity. Make sure you check to see how old something is before you post though. There isn't a rule against it or anything but....it's just sort of awkward.

10. inanefedaykin

inanefedaykin IncGamers Member

The barbarians in act 5 are acctualy part of the game, it's cool to help them out but their AI is so retarded that they just walk forward and kill untill they run into a wall.

11. FrankWest

FrankWest IncGamers Member

Still, at least it was a relevant thread that was necro'ed. I think this is a pretty fascinating glitch, to be honest. :smiley:

It is kinda weird to see a year old thread brought back to life, but I think it'd be even weirder to see the rogues jump off those spikes and start slinging arrows again. :grin: