Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Riphook vs. Rogue bow for Hunter?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Forcefeedback, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Riphook vs. Rogue bow for Hunter?

I was wondering wether Riphook bow would be better for my hunter.

I recently realized I had a Riphook stashed away and thought that Open wounds wouldn't hurt a bit. The trouble is, if I get too attached to the weapon I could lose potential killing speed.

Currently I don't need the bow damage(very few PI's in nightmare) and plan to use it only for killing those pesky PI's in hell. This would be made possible by elemental damage charms(mainly lightning poison also) and elemental jewels.

Rogue bow has 50% integrated IAS + 30% from sigons gloves + 10% from a Goldwrap belt I could hit 9fpa just barely and could save the socket for a elemental damage charm.

Riphook would have 10% life leech and Ow and even some physical damage(nice for leach). For this to reach 9fpa I would have to scrounge around for 20% IAS gloves or use the socket for a shael.

I plan on using the angelic rings for a while so AR won't be a big problem(yet). Other bow suggestions will be accepted if the bow in question happens to be a common low level type(I'm poor) or the bow in question is delivered to me by a PM(I sp). :D

I used this IAS calculator from FenrisWulf's 1.09 Hunter guide.

edit: I also have a skystrike, but I think it would be too slow(10 +30%).

2. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

While important I don't worry to much about speed I use a silence crusador bow with almost no oias and I have no problems killing. Try them both out and see the results first hand. Or if you are not using anything else on the switch you can switch between then two of them as you go.

3. Forcefeedback

Only problem is, I haven't found PI's yet, so I can't test first hand yet, but I was excited enough by the Riphook to start planning ahead.

Sorry for typing out this math stuff but I would appreciate it if some people could go over it, even briefly, so that any flaws in my calculations would rise up.

This is the formula(to my knowledge) for Open wounds

Clvl=61-99: 25*(45*Clvl-1319)/256 (damage per second for 8sec)

And with it at Clvl70(where I usually enter hell) I get 179 and at Clvl80(where I usually get stuck :D ) I get 223 (both figures rounded up)

with a two frame(11fpa->9fpa) save I get from going all out speed(not counting other benefits/disadvantages). I get from 25/11= 2.27(rounding up 2.3) attacks per second to 25/9= 2.78(rounding up 2.8) attacks per second. This means that with that 2.8-2-3= 0.5 attack I have to make over 179 elemental damage, possibly 4*179= 716 due to resists.

Are there some miscalculations? If there aren't any major ones and knowing my charms... I think I will swich to Riphook.

4. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

its really a damage issue. get some deadly strike mods from a highlords and a gore riders and the damage will mean even more then. upgraded rip could be decent if near perfect though. shaeld I would guess.
    rogue bow????? a tad low on damage no?

5. Forcefeedback

Highlords? Goreriders! I'm dirt poor.

As I said, I won't be needing the physical damage as my grizzly is atm doing 1.7K damage and I will be using the bow mostly on PI's. I could of course try to upgrade(not sure if I have the runes) but it will probably be a waste of my precious few runes.

If I wanted to go for the damage, I would probably use a passion gorgon crossbow and possibly twichroe armor to get to 11 fpa.