Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Ribcracker
Character level: 60 (25)
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Run like the wind
Game difficulty: Inferno MP6
Place: Black Canyon Mines
Death type: Elite Fallen

Sunday morning, decided to collect some keys with my barb. Went to Black Canyon Mines to build some NV, and on my third elite my WotB was like 15 seconds from being available, so I went ahead and initiated the fight. After I got chain frozen three times while being jailed I finally took note of what their mods were: Fast Frozen Desecrator Jailer ... my arrogance resulting from wotb omnimmunity led to this death. At least it was just my barb, and not my monk.

Shadow Hado

Diabloii.Net Member
HC Death Certificate:
============

Diablo III RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: DYBIAMG
Character level: 45
Character class: Demon Hunter
Character build: Tank
Game difficulty: Expert (was MP10 LoL HC SP until 31)
Act: A3: Heart of Sin
Death type: WUT.

Cause of demise: I was halfway done with Azmodan, and mis-timed Smoke Screen to avoid a fireball. I was standing right next to him and figured even if it DID hit me, it wouldn't kill me; I have ~30k HP. WRRROOONNNNNGGGGG. (Does the damage not scale with distance anymore?)

To be honest, DYBIAMG "should've" died a few times this morning so the loss didn't upset me, it's HOW It happened that upset me. Ahh well, time to start again!

Steven Hazani

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: DemonHuntee
Character level: 60 (57)
Character build: Facetank ALL THE THINGS! Except one....
Game difficulty: Torment 2
Place: Sewers leading out of Caldeum
Death type: Snakes and ice don't mix, silly game!

So I'm blazing though the game and having a grand old time with the newly respectable Demon Hunter, who I've been really testing the limits of by playing far more aggressively than most would on HC. Well, that works out just fine until you don't notice there's around 20 ice balls all stacked under your feet and just asplode from 1.5 mil to 0 just like that. Goddamn snakes. If the death were a bit slower I'd be totally wrong about that smokescreen thing, as it is only that smoke screen item, a cheat death passive, or a cheat death item would have saved me. I'm also quite sure those bombs went off sooner than they should, the delay is 3 seconds, not 1. Meh. DS2 then RoS soon so I wasn't playing super paranoid. I was just hoping for something more dignified and less 1.0xish.

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Death Certificate

Character name: Avani
Character level: 60 (100)
Character build: Sword/Board Frenzy/Rend
Game difficulty: Torment 2
Act: Alcarnus
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: Chalk another one up to "death by conversation with girlfriend". Not paying enough attention to what I was doing, talking to my girlfriend. Oops, this is getting a little hairy I better pay closer attention to what I'm... Oh damn, I'm frozen... deeds. Well, I have been really curious about starting a new character from scratch in 2.0, now I'll find out.

Malaterre

Diabloii.Net Member
My first "major" loss (I am a casual, so bear with me)

Death Certificate
Character name: Zora
Character level: 55 (23)
Character build: Sword/Board Frenzy/Rend/Leap/Earthquake/Whirlwind/Threatening shout
Game difficulty: Hard
Place 1: Halls of Agony
Death Type: Berseker on ice, shaken not stirred

Cause of demise: I got frozen, several times in a row. Things got hairy, I did not backup fast enough, got frozen again and then stomped by Bersekers strong attack. Should have taken "Wrath of the Berseker" instead of "Earthquake". I guess I was a bit overconfident as I was closing on level 60. Perhaps I shouls have played the last few levels on normal to be safe. Back to level 1 with a sorceress this time.

Steven Hazani

Diabloii.Net Member
REKT Certificate:
Character Name: DemonHunteR.
Character level: 68 (95).
Character Class: My Little Pony.
Character Build: Yo dawg I herd u like rockets....
Game difficulty: MANMODE I.
Place: GIANT MANLY BATTERING RAM THING.
Death type: Trapped at corner what do?

Cause of Demise: Contrary to what most people are doing I went straight in the 60-70 A5 thing on Torment, because I'm playing HC for the challenge gaming and that means not hiding on Normal or Hard forever. This was actually easy as hell the first 4 levels, and then it started feeling like untwinked MP 10 play. Still, it was quite manageable until I get to the part where I get thrown in a sardine can along with a bunch of enemies and a hard hitting elite. Even then I lasted several minutes before getting myself screwed, and even then I had time to pause and attempt to get help (to no avail). Eventually I hit unpause and attempted to Vault away but the windup frames got me. An honorable death at death's door (literally). I'll take that.

Widukind

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Wulfstan
Character level: 70 (39)
Character build: Tanky, mostly relying on multishot
Game difficulty: Master
Place: Nephalem Rift
Death type: Trapped in a corner

Cause of demise: I was feeling overconfident (isn't that the cause of 95% of all HC deaths?) after having gotten some awesome upgrades this night which boosted my DPS up from 170k to around 400k, and upped the difficulty to master. I decided to do one last Rift before calling it quits for tonight. I was doing perfectly fine and clearing very fast while my health stayed over 50% almost all the time so I got cocky and facetanked everything, including elites... and the Rift boss. Bad idea. I underestimated it's damage output and when I tried to flee I managed to work myself into a corner filled with poisonous pools. My potion was on cool down and I didn't have enough health to get away in time. And that is the story of my first HC death...

Shadow Hado

Diabloii.Net Member
HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Yamiuchi
Character level: 70 (p40)
Character build: Tank
Game difficulty: Expert
Act: A1: Northern Highlands
Death type: /facedesk

Cause of demise: to be honest, it was stupidity. I got walled in, activated Wolf and Vengeance, tore apart the many minions around me in succession... and thanks to Mortar, they blew up in succession, leaving me not enough time for a second Smoke Screen in-between. I hit the potion button as well, but I don't remember it activating, which sucks because I was just complaining about dropped inputs last weekend. Anywho, instead of sticking around the area, I should've been trying to force my way out; if I would've had my Illusory Boots equipped it would've been a non-issue. Luckily they're in my stash at least.

To be honest, the thing that upsets me the most is that I had double Unity rings for me and my follower, and who knows how long it will be before I see two lvl 70 Unity rings again. Ahh well, my gear was meh imo, so it could've been a lot worse.

Relik

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Jianna
Character level: 70 (P70-ish)
Character class: Wizard
Character build: had Wand of Woh, thus Explosive Blast with Short Fuse + lots of control spells
Game difficulty: Torment I
Death type: DC

Cause of demise: Random disconnect, don't know if it happened because of my provider (connection seemed fine while I was still unable to reconnect to BNet after the DC) or some BattleNet issue. Third death since RoS but the first that actually made me quit for the day. DC is still not an acceptable mode of death for me... :(

Raver

Diabloii.Net Member
Death Certificate

Character name: Miranda
Character level: 66 (6)
Character build: Archon
Game difficulty: Hard
Act: A3: The Keep
Death type: Swarmed

Cause of demise: Overconfidence.

Youtubeadp

Diabloii.Net Member
Death Certificate

Character name:HCZesje
Character level: 64
Character build: Combhat
Game difficulty: Normal
Act:End Boss Act 5
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise:
Death at the end Malthael could have died did not see he was almost dead. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEwhFZZ-Vc0

Last edited:

Ship Soo

Diabloii.Net Member
HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Texas
Character level: 47
Character class: Crusader
Character build: High block, long cooldowns
Game Master, one under torment
Act: Kill Urzael
Death type: Urzael flamethrower

Cause of demise: Got cocky. Was doing so well at expert I decided to bump it up to level faster. It was doable, but much slower. Had a close call 5 minutes before the Urzael battle and thought I should turn it back down. Laziness and pride convinced me not to.

Was doing great in the boss battle. Got him to 50%. I was at full health with a bunch of regen skills working nicely. Israel suddenly used his flamethrower and I just happened to run left as he panned it left. Ran perfectly along with it taking max damage.

Happened so quick I didn't even realize I was in trouble. Got to be more careful in the future with getting boxed in during this fight.

Malaterre

Diabloii.Net Member
Death Certificate

Character name: Erzulie
Character level: 70 (75)
Character class: Witch Doctor
Character build: Locust, Firebombs, Dogs, Piranha, Fetish Army, Spirit Walk
Act: V, Battlefields of Eternity
Death type: Fighting a rare primordial scavengre

Cause of demise:
I was fighting a rare primordial scavenger and I had a power outage at home. Like 2 seconds. That was enough. Perhaps having more pets or having the templar as a sidekick could have saved me. Anyway, the monster was hitting me when I had the outage and this was over.

This is a tough one. Erzulie was my best and older HC character. It was my first HC character (10 monthes old), the first character with whom I reached level 60, with whom I defeated Diablo in Inferno difficulty last year, killed Malthael... Of course it was my best equipped character and the only one actually capable of playing in T1.

Ravarooo

Diabloii.Net Member
Ambushed.jpg
68 Wiz trying to level up. Not a big loss, only rare gear with a couple legendary items.
I'm just pissed that Blizzard hasn't fixed this issue

5 Champion Armored Destroyers landing on Waypoint as screen is loading is some major bullshit
the stun from these bastards prevented any teleport, of course
Frozen - Fire Chains- Avenger - Nightmare = 1 dead lil wizard

Turbojugend

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Maddafakka
Character level: 70 (301)
Character build: Earth
Game difficulty: Torment III
Death type: frozen, arcane
Time: around 150 hrs

Got separated from group, couldn't access potion, lost my hf ring, not saved in Hall of Fallen Heroes cos of misclick.
Lost practically "all" my high gems, no millions to create new ones.
I'll stay away from D3 for a while to grieve my loss and continue writing my book.
Have more 70's but, alas, poor me.
Another Nephalem has fallen. Another lesson learned.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Turbojugend-2696/hero/36350185 while available.

Last edited:

Mortalo

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Mortalo
Character level: 70 (72)
Character build: Zero Slam
Game difficulty: Expert
Act: Northern Highlands (A1)/Adventure Mode (Bounties)
Death type: Withermoth

Cause of demise:
So I was doing bounties, not rushing anything, as I was dealing with lags (ESC helps to pause when you're lagging). I had nice amount of toughness so there was nothing dangerous for me. I ported into Northern Highlands. I saw two moths and one tree - nothing serious. Hit few skills but I lagged, so I was doing typicall: ESC, skills, alt+tab, ESC, skills, etc.. Lag lasted quite a while but I was not afraid or anything, I was easily outgearing Expert. So you can't imagine how surprised I was when I alt+tabbed back to game to see that I died. Apparently this two moths were really an elite pack, and where too much for my careless actions. First death in 2.0 live.

Widukind

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Bohemund
Character level: 70 (87)
Character build: Based around high block and healing upon block (with Punish's Rebirth and Renewal)
Game difficulty: Torment I
Time: 75'ish hours

Yep, your typical DC death. With over 700k DPS and 15 million toughness, my character was handling Torment I with ease. But alas, even the mightiest hero can fall to the arcane forces unleashed by failing computer technology. I guess I should know better than to play HC at the moment, since my internet connection is prone to occasional disruptions lately...

Lost quite a lot of leveled gems, optimized rares and two or three nice legendaries. Still, with my stash full of nice replacements, it shouldn't take too long to bring a new character up to speed. Time to try out a Wizard soon I guess :)

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Snoeihard
Character level: 70
Character build: Leapquaker
Game difficulty: Torment II
Place: Fields of Misery
Time: 205 hours

Like Widukind's Crusader, my barb fell to a random disconnect of my laptop's internet. There were only a few white mobs on screen while the disconnect happened, so I wasn't even worried.

bruteMax

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Agamotto
Character build: Pet doc
Game difficulty: Torment VI
Place: regular rift
Death type: DC (error 3007)
Time: 300 hours

Character name: Agamotta
Character build: Pet doc
Game difficulty: Torment VI
Place: ACT 4 bounty
Death type: ran into fire :(
Time: 70 hours

Character name: Lagertha
Character build: Shotgun
Game difficulty: Grift 27
Death type: DC (error 3007)
Time: 205 hours

Listing all 3 at once since I've lost them all within a month. I don't mind re-levelling since it's so much faster now, but the gear loss is starting to hurt. September has been a brutal month. :(

Still trucking on though. My new WD is running a harvester build until I can get a decent T&T (well, actually any T&T), and I think I'll level a seasonal crusader this weekend since everyone on IncHCN plays a seasonal character and I feel lonely. :)

Last edited:

kar

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: PollyII
Character class: Barb
Character build: Fire Leapquake
Game difficulty: T5 Rift
Death type: Rift Guardian
Time: 309 hrs (January 2013 - October 2014)

Experimenting with leapquake, Died to Butcher rift guardian while other elites were still active. Got walled at low health w/ leap on c/d and Butcher charged me to death. Long live PollyIII.