Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Crion
Character level: 60
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: Cleave+rend
Game difficulty: Inferno
Act: 1 / Before Jondar
Death type: PvM

Was playing recklessly and leaped into a group of waller/plagued/arcane. Thought the lifeleech through rend+WotB would be enough, but apparently not :/ http://imgur.com/dIHFDlQ

wesior

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Natalya
Character level: 32
Character class: DH
Game difficulty: Nightmare MP5
Act: Act 3, Core Arreat
Death type: Stupidity

I just asked a friend of mine to give me the WP to Azmodan to continue boosting myself to 60.
I bought some insane OP Gear from the AH and was flying trough Normal MP10 so thought NM MP5 would be NP.
And so got killed by my on stupidity :p thinking i was to OP to die.

RIP and on to the next one.

Towen

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: AlyssVI
Character level: 60(42)
Character class: Wiz
Game difficulty: Inferno MP5
Act: Act 2, Oasis Sands
Death type: Post Key Warden Bug ??

Was Key farming with a couple of friends quite happily, done 3 or 4 runs and was on the last one of the night. Killed the KW and then Bam Deeds - my Unstable Anomaly didn't even go off. Apparently is has happened before but i am never going to stand where the act 2 KW falls dead again!

Towen

TheDarkSide

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore
Character name: GoToHell
Character level: 60(17)
Character class: Wiz
Game difficulty: Inferno MP1
Act: Act 1, Woods
Death type: Returned Archer
Vortex,Desecrater,Frozen,Shieded - just started a new run and haded to the woods to get my NV on. Ran into a nasty pack that I couldn't hurt (shielded) and they froze me and I was standing ina desecrated pool, I healed, and tried to run but the Vortexxing S*&^%$^*)*&*)=# pulled me back into the pool and killed me... Done with Wizards for a bit I think ...

Flux

Administrator
Character name: Kyotophobia
Character level: 60(90)
Character class: Monk
Game difficulty: Inferno MP4
Act: Act 1, Woods
Death type: Ghoul

End of a very long day and night and I got on to check auctions and then do one quick key run. And I mean quick: I'd been doing them in 7-8 minutes with a dash through Festering and only stopping for bosses, then Leoric's Manor if I needed one more stack, and then run through Fields looking for the KW, only stopping if I had an absolutely tidal wave of enemies on the screen, just for the super easy massive exp in one location. (Monk was up to 118k dps and that was with a SoJ on, so I was having zero trouble farming MP4 and had been doing MP5 ubers solo.)

Machine ran a little sketchy in town but I actually paused to throw a few punches to let the animations preload and it seemed okay. Hit the Festering WP, killed a couple of ghouls to the left and got the SW active, and then the FPS went away. slide show, and then worse; screen locked up for 3-5 seconds at a time, music playing thorugh WinAmp stuttering and coming to a halt, nothing happened when I tried to alt-tab... just total machine lock, and all the while I hear the SDD thrashing non-stop.

Surprise turned to button-pushing worry turned to fatalistic resignation over about 30s, during which about 4 frames displayed. I finally managed to alt-ctrl-del out and even on that screen I was locked for about 5s, before I was able to Esc and open D3 again. That's when I got the screenshot, but it was still in slide show mode, as you can sort of tell from the overexposed color flashes. There wasn't even a boss pack, as far as I could tell. Just a bunch of normal monsters. I have no idea how I got a 16 kill streak or moved so far to the right of the WP; I guess some of my button stabbing was getting through even though the visuals weren't updating on my end. I might actually have been better off doing nothing and just standing still; possibly by trying to control something I moved far enough to attract more beasties that did me in?

Azbaz

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Crionas
Character level: 60 (29)
Character build: WW
Game difficulty: Inferno
Act: 3 Keeps

Was building up stacks for the keywarden and engaged a pack of Icy Quillbacks in a doorway. Was playing a bit too recklessly wasn't paying attention to their affixes. Suddenly I got chain-frozen in the middle of their molten fire and there was nothing I could do but watch my health drop to 0. http://imgur.com/3gqOQdj

Tom_S

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: BackforMore
Character level: 60 (23)
Character build: Hota/WW
Game difficulty: Inferno Mp3
Act: 4 Spire lvl1

Was after Act 4 Keywarden for the plan, found him while still at NV 4 turned back he followed, found a pack, was actually doing fine, not sure how life suddenly drop bellow half, tried to get away but alas Vortexed. One thing i know i did wrong was getting 0 movement speed so no chance of escaping. Might give barbs a rest for now. Maybe try a DH which i know nothing about :p

Goffe

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Massa
Character level: 60(82)
Character build: FoT/SW
Game difficulty: MP3
Act: 2 Vault of the assassins

I was trying a couple of new skills one of which was DS instead of TR. Pulled a double pack and failed to GTFO.

View attachment 4892

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Character name: WindJammer
Character level: 60(23)
Character class: Wizard
Character build: Critical Mass
Game difficulty: MP10
Act: 1, Festering Woods

Was running some MP10 crypts with a solid group. Had swapped out the extra resist energy armor rune in favor of slow time:time warp. The first run went very smoothly. Stupidly thought I could tank through multiple arcane beams at once. Two hit me and slivered me, and a third passed through shortly after and finished the job.

On to the next one!

Aahzmadius

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Poledra
Character level: 60(62)
Character build: Archon
Game difficulty: MP6
Act 1, Fields of Misery, Scavenger's Den

I was once again grouping with a strong monk, and we were near the end of a farming run. He had opened the game to public (which I knew he was going to do) and a DH joined in. At some point in the FoM the DH went to town and idled. We kept clearing for about 20 minutes without incident, but we hit a pack of Scavengers with arcane and mortar right at the entrance to the den. I worked my way inward a bit, but was taking a lot of damage, especially from mortar. What I *should* have done, once UA proc'd, was Teleport back towards entrance to see if I could escape out, teleport to town, and leave the game. (The monk was fine.) Unfortunately, I didn't think of that until after I saw the Deeds screen. :)

I just got a DH to inferno, so maybe I'll do some MP1 farming runs with her.

View attachment 4973

Last edited:

TheDarkSide

Character name: Testiculeze
Character level: 60(39)
Character build: Frenzy
Game difficulty: MP3
Act 3, Depths level 1

Well Ive once again succumbed to the cruel and unusual punishment of the Blizzard bag of dirty tricks.. And Ive never actually had this one happen to me before( though Ive read about it a few times) but it finally got me. Yea those FIRE PIT traps in act3 that you never noticed and run through all the time got me at last. I cannot explain how but it was like I got stuck running through one and couldn't move at all. I had a full bar of health (92k)life, 600 all or higher resists,8k defense, a Hallowed Defender shield equipped, and in 2 seconds I was burnt to a crisp. I had time to hit the heal button, attempt a Leap(which didn't work), and then DEED .... Sigh ...

Mrak

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: MrakMonkHC
Character level: 60 (0)
Character build: Hmmm ... , my build.
Game difficulty: Hell, MP1
Place: Act 2, Desolate Sands

After few weeks, I started to play again with my HC Monk (my first HC character). I had just stacked up the NV and I have started to "farm" the Desolate Sands. I have found almost immediately the VotA, cleared it and then went outside. A nasty encounter with a double pack, Rare Lacuni Warrior (Plagued, Desecrator, Waller) and Champion Vile Swarm (Nightmarish, Arcane Enchanted, Desecrator) and some other "guests".
The fight was tough from the very beginning and I had to retreat a bit a couple of times. The idea was to go back in the VotA to heal. But I don't know why, with low health and almost no Spirit, I went back in combat. A nice wall, probably the fear thing and a ton of everything under my feet have done the rest. For the third time I have seen the Near Death Experience icon (in my place we say that the third time is always fortunate) but this time it didn't help.
Ah, stupidity ...

View attachment 5087

Last edited:

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Character name: Caprica
Character level: 60
Character build: CM
Game difficulty: MP8
Act 1, Ubers (Skeleton King+Maghda)

Had recently completed my own twist on the CM, as a support build only (very low DPS, 35kish, with decent EHP, tons of LoH, 2.77 APS, and loads of elite damage reduction (14% from Blackthornes boots+set bonus and 7% more from Chantodos combo). Felt more than comfortable locking down elites/bosses on any MP. A friend asked for help with some ubers, so I said I'd be happy to, but couldn't DPS, just freeze. He said that's fine, his other friend would do the DPS while he did the lobby method. The DPS friend was a bat WD. We downed the first portal (SB+Kulle) easily, though the WD was getting hit pretty hard. Second portal, we knocked off SK and got Maghda down to her first bubble. Unfortunately she apparently bugged out, and refused to bubble and spawn her minions. We couldn't damage her any further, and couldn't get her to bubble. So he suggested we quit and rejoin, which we did. Hopped back in, everything was reset of course. He quickly got hit hard and apparently popped SV. Without giving me any warning, he then ran across the room and exited the game, leaving me alone with both SK+Maghda and SK minions. I knew my 35k DPS wouldnt even come close to killing them before they enraged, so I had to try and quit as well. Unfortunately, no matter where I teled to, they were on me almost instantly, thanks to the minions, Maghda dropping arcane beams, and the SK teleporting around like crazy whereever I went. Long story short, I couldn't get away long enough to quit. I decided my best shot was to head for the furthest corner, hit diamond skin and hope I could wait out the 10 second timer while standing still. Didn't work. I procced UA with about 5 seconds left, and died right before I got out.

Wish the WD would have given me some notice he was quitting, so we could have split the heat and both survived! In retrospect, I probably should have swapped some skills for more survivability before trying to escape, but in the moment, I thought my best shot was getting out ASAP before the SK summoned even more minions and Maghda dropped more arcane beams. Oh well, it happens.

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I'm posting in this thread way too much recently! :)

Character name: JaqenHGhar
Character level: 60 (39)
Character class: Demon Hunter
Character build: Grenades/Spike Trap Permagloom Pinball
Game difficulty: Inferno MP9
Place: Act 1, Crypt of the Ancients, in Festering Woods

Had an MP9 crypt prepped, and we were getting our 3 stacks. 2 down, last one was in the right tomb. Entered, and found a nasty pack of skeletons, Fast/Arcane/Mortar/Molten. I had been cruising on all MPs with her with permagloom+grenades (high proc for LoH and nightstalker). The first part of this fight went quite well too actually, our WD and Monk had to back off when it got too hot, but I was able to just reposition with vault and keep firing away. Being fast however, the pack managed to escape our CM, and we all regrouped by the door. They laid down a huge field of arcanes, forcing me to vault out. I vaulted to a spot between the focal points of the beams, however in the heat of the moment, I chose a terrible spot, because while it was away from the center of the beams, it was exactly where a bunch of them were about to cross. As soon as I landed, I took 2 beams to the face, with a third directly after it. A fourth one followed, but I was already dead when it got there. Looking at the screenshot, I actually almost made it, as the offending arcane beams all were near the end of the cycle, and are gone by the time I took the screenshot!

Oh well, can't say I'm surprised, I procced SV many times on the road to 100 with my WD running high MPs, and she was sturdier to begin with. Without a get out of jail free passive on the DH, it was just a matter of time. On to the next one!

Yoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, my first HC char and my first death yesterday. Screenshot forthcoming.

Character name: Chops
Character level: 60 (48)
Character class: Barb
Character build: Thunderstrike
Game difficulty: Inferno MP5
Place: Act 2 - Dahlgur Oasis

Well Aahz and I started a key run off at black canyon mines, only 1 elite which was odd but no biggie. Onwards to Dahlgur we went and finished off a quarter of the map for 2 elites and the packs of trash. Most everything stays stunned with thunderstrike and we even dialed it back one mp from usual since it was act 2. After the second elite pack we started on some trash and aggro'd the keywarden who was just offscreen to our left. Of course we didn't want to kill him yet since we were only at 2 stacks so Aahz peeled off right and I followed along and stopped at the next trash pack. It wasn't far enough and the keywarden stayed with. At this point I can't remember if Aahz then continued off further away or not, but I stayed and cleared all the trash pack with the keywarden there (no big deal I would barely be taking damage with rend up and mobs to smash). After I cleared the trash I left off again to try to leave the keywarden. Both times we moved away from the keywarden we moved deeper into the oasis. The second time I tried to move away the keywarden teleported to me and this time I didn't stop to clear I just continued on. A blue whirling dervish pack got aggro'd, and then a blue snake pack following that. My wrath ran out while I was moving away from keywarden the second time. Both packs were frozen and one was vortex also. I got pulled in and frozen but managed to get just far enough that I was...still in vortex range...Again I was into the 2 packs (no trash oddly or very little) but this time I was surrounded and couldn't move. I had rend running and then got frozen; unfroze and got one more rend in but was refrozen immediately and the last quarter of my life dissappeared and I heard the sound I haven't heard since SC... RIP Chops my first HC character.

http://d3up.com/b/1253507/chops Gear link.

Last edited:

Yoo

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Chopey
Character level: 60 (33)
Character class: Barb
Character build: Hota single target build only
Game difficulty: Inferno MP7
Place: Rakanoth + Ghom

Nothin much to say here, insanely frustrating death.... I lagged a little bit as we ran into the two bosses, but the game caught up. Somehow I got desynced and I couldn't move, I just bounced in place. I could still swing and talk, so I smashed rakanoth since he was next to me. Unfortunately he was hitting me since the other three were on Ghom. Its unfortunate because once Ghom died, Rakanoth teleported away to leave me standing in the cloud unable to do anything. I asked guys to try and move him over and I was still at full health. I began dropping and tried to TP first, then exit. Matt/Young/Aahz all saw that I left the game, then saw the message that I died... I logged back on to archive my second barb and a beautiful shield that I'm very sad about... Also just had gotten gems back up and was really smashing content.

Stupid...I never have internet issues, and even this it caught up but I was bugged...I feel like swearing as I relive this...

http://d3up.com/b/1309421 Link to gear...Sigh

tougeznut

Diabloii.Net Member
Character name: Tris
Character level: 60 (14)
Character build: Archon
Game difficulty: Inferno MP1
Place: Fields of Misery
Death type: Unknown

Was strolling along at the end of a run with a clear screen and decided to TP back to town. TP animation froze and then I was informed that my connection had timed out or something along those lines. When I logged back in and saw that my character had died I checked to see what had caused my death... it said "Unknown"...

My guess is that I was being too good with my wizard. Finding gear on my own, helping power level my friends, and offering to power level others. Blizz thought I was up to no good and decided to end my wizard's good streak. R.I.P. Tris.

http://d3up.com/b/1316338#gear

View attachment 5230

TheDarkSide

Character name: MrCrowley
Character level: 60 (25)
Character class: Wd
Character build: Pet build
Game difficulty: Inferno MP3
Place: Woods
Death type: Explosion

Was messing around with skills and swapped out Spirit Vessel for Fetish Sycophants and ran into a nasty pack of Skeletons getting 5 stacks in the woods... LOL goodbye to my longest living Wd....

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Character name: Voodoo
Character level: 60 (65)
Character class: WD
Character build: Bats
Game difficulty: Inferno MP8
Place: Woods Crypt
Death type: Long overdue

Well, my 65 WD finally bit it. Running some mp8 crypts, hit one of the tombs under the woods and ran into a waller/jailer/horde/arcane pack. They dropped an arcane under my feet. As soon as I moved, it seemed like a ton more appeared, and they all wanted to fry me. As SV popped and I headed for the hills, a bunch of walls popped up, just in time to root me as a few more arcanes sliced me up.

Any legit death can be avoided, but this one seemed fairly difficult to do. Not a lot to be done once I'm walled in place with nothing but an arcane field around me! I'd played pretty risky on this WD, running with SV on cooldown, spirit walking into elites, etc, but I wasn't doing any of that this time, a nasty pack just got the best of me!

To make it better, my GF looked over and saw my deeds screen, and asked 'is that one of the permanent ones?' I said yeah, and she asked is it a witch dr (I think that's the only d3 char she knows, because I play them all the time). I told her it was and she said 'oh... he must not be very good at magic'. :p

(The offending arcanes are gone in the picture, my group dragged them off screen by the time I took a screenshot)