Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rip my sorc apart

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Cromeium, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Cromeium

Cromeium IncGamers Member

rip my sorc apart

im just getting back into diablo 2: LOD and I noticed my sorc had problems...
    I have never been serious about playing I guess, im planning on making a new sorc but I want to learn from my mistakes with my old one.

Below is my Sorc Build, simply tell me whats wrong with it...rip it to bits, and spit it back out. Just remember to give me example what you would have done diffrently and you would keep the same. So I dont make the same mistakes again.

Here we go.
    -------------
    Sorc level 84

Strength:111
    Dexterity:42
    Vitality:85
    Energy:312

Attack rating: 160
    Defense: 842
    stamina: 232
    Life: 406
    Mana: 1397

-Resistances in hell-
    Fire:25
    Cold:8
    Lightening:29
    Poison:1

-skill points-(with equipment on) Most of these I only put 1 point in them
    Fire (remember I have +12 to all fire skills)=
    Warmth:28

Lightening (remember I have +10 to all lightening skills)=
    Charged Bolt:11
    Static:11
    telekinesis:11
    Lightening:11
    Nova:30
    Chain lightening:11
    Teleport:11
    Thunderstorm:11
    Energy Sheild:11
    Lightening Mastery:30

Cold (remember I have +12 to all cold skills)=
    IceBolt:13
    Frozen Armor:13
    Ice Blast:13
    Frozen Nova:13
    Shiver Armor:13
    Glacial Spike:13
    Blizard:13
    Chilling Armor:13
    Frozen Orb:32
    Cold Mastery:15

-Equipment-
    Occulus

Viseracaunt

Silks of the victor

2 Soj

Tal Rashas Abjucation

Nightsmoke

Magefist

Nightsmoke

Storm Circlet-Circlet, Def:29, +1 Sorc skills, +7 max dam, +10 strength, replenish life +5, +63 to mana (based on level), all resists +9, attacker takes damage of 4, socket with perfect skull.

Eagle Slippers Chain Boots, def:8, +10 faster hit recovery, Cold resist +12%, Poison resist +20%, poison +5%, poinson length reduced by 25%, 13% better chance of getting magic items.

2x +1 Cold Skill, and 1x 1+ Fire Skills Charm

:xx:

2. Celandro

Celandro IncGamers Member

Simple, you have too many points in warmth, and no points in any skill with synergies. I doubt you are having problems with frozen orb as it does not really need synergies. If you are interested in a Lightning/cold skill tree combo, look into the CL/FO build that is sticky. If you want pure power, look for a skill that does well with full synergies (CL, Blizzard, Meteor) and max all the synergies for it. I would put exactly 1 point in warmth, teleport and static field, and work out the build from there. No more than 10 points in CM either btw. Also gcs are most effective for lightning, then fire then cold due to the way masteries work.

3. tl998

tl998 Banned

So you have 85, vitality, no block, and low resists in hell. OF course you're having problems! Meph will kill you with one hit with any one of his attacks except maybe his melee one.

4. prion

prion IncGamers Member

welp. First, your build was broken by the patch. Nova just won't do it anymore. :( sry

Second, I agree with everyone else, but let me point out some things:

-That was far more points in Warmth than was necessary/useful, even in 09.
    -you can do with less points in Energy and Strength, and divert those to Vitality. Also, you've got points in dex, but only a few, they are of no use to your blocking percentage with so few--either put more or put just enough for gear. Your call.
    -Silks is not a good armor for sorc. The rest of your gear is okay but you may need to modify to get the right benefits you need. Keep your eyes open for rares and try crafting some caster stuff, which can be done occasionally with stuff you find on the ground.
    -expect Hell to be difficult even after you've rebuilt.

5. Cromeium

Cromeium IncGamers Member

Thank you to everyone who replied, very useful stuff. And I will definately keep them in mind on my next build. :xmad:

6. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

The 3 most important things in Hell 1.10 are;

Life
    Resist
    Block

In that order. You lack all of them.

And something you need to think of is synergies. Having a spell with synergies is needed, and for non-boss-runner builds, so is a backup spell from another tree. Most durable builds are CL/FO or Meteor/FO. They can handle anything except a few unique monsters.

But remember, because synergies are so important to the sorc it means you can't go "waste" points in unused or non-developed skills. Put them where they are most usefull; in synergies for your main killing spell.

And some few sidenotes besides all the other posts;

- Mana Shield sucks, don't use it. Damage is calculated before resistance, so your mana will plummet to the bottom in no time. That apart from the increase in Mana Burn monsters.

- Monsters in Hell have WAY more life points and better resists then in 1.09. Your killing spell MUST have good damage. Thunderstorm and Nova won't cut it anymore. I see dozens of sorcs who have TS on, when their major killing spell is in Fire -> waste of precious skill points.