Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

RIP MsCollector, level 95 Blizzard Sorc

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by T72on1, Mar 18, 2016.

1. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Yesterday afternoon I lost my beloved Blizzard Sorc in the AT to a boss pack of Fanatism LE something Zombies, but mostly due to driver error. I teleported right in the middle of the pack, managed to hit spacebar once to drink a purple when I realized what was happening and saw my life going down really fast, then it was all over :(. It was a place that didn't have a boss pack spawn very often, but still it's purely driver error. I had been speeding up my runs in the AT during the afternoon, and 5 minutes before I had to stop that ended badly.

So here comes an end to an awesome journey. One I've enjoyed a lot, and which greatly exceeded my expectations. Level 95, grailer -71, a few nice to very nice rune drops, some awesome drops like the Death's Fathom and the rare fcr/res all ring she was wearing, ... Her death obviously hurts, but not too much so. Like I said, it was a beautiful journey, and that was what counts most. I had already had a few close calls, so it was in the back of my mind that she could die if I'd keep doing fast mf runs like I was doing. But it wouldn't make sense not to do so, as that was where she excelled at.

I wanted to make her a CtA on switch for some time, but never got to actually do it. Didn't have the runes, and could cube up to it, but found that too expensive, so decided to wait and hope that Ohm would still drop, but it never happened (minor spoiler for the Zodthon there, hope you don't mind). Maybe I should have cubed up from lower runes anyway.

I wanted to post readouts of her gear her, but it doesn't show in GoMule anymore. Which makes sense, since characters drop their gear on the ground upon death. From the top of my head she was wearing a Topazed Circlet with +20% fcr, fir res, not sure about the other mods (probably 1 or 2 +skills), 29% Maras, Topazed Skullder's Ire, 25% Death's Fathom with 4/4 Facet, Spirit Shield, 2x 10% fcr rare rings, rare boots with triple res, frw and mf, Arachnid's and 40% Chance Guards. Charms were 40% Gheeds, rest charms with resistances and some small mf charms. Especially the Death's Fathom lost is a pity, as well as one of the 2 rings:

[​IMG]

The rest of the gear I have a backup for.

I'll focus on my other tournament character (the S/U one) first now. After that I might return to my other existing HC characters to get them to Guardian: a FC/Maul Werebear in Act 3 Hell, a Venomancer in Act 1 Hell and a WW Barb that I just started. Or I might level a HC Lightning Sorc. Or join the untwinked level 99 project, in SC. So many possibilities ...

PandadudeSP likes this.
  2. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Sorry for Your loss. Nice ring. :) Had a similar resistance amulet. :) Seems that you were playing hardcore, like me. Now, after my today experience (late night), I think I will take a great break from this game. And no D3 for me soon.

3. Fabian

Fabian IncGamers Member

I'm not an HC player, but I still know all about the lesson "making CtA is worth it". Sorry you had to learn it the hard way. You'll bounce back soon enough, obviously.

4. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Ouch. Sorry about the deeds. And sorry about the loss of that ring, it was a beauty! Best of luck on the next one. :)

5. NanoMist

NanoMist IncGamers Member

Sorry about the loss, I know this feeling all too well and it sucks. But you'll come back even stronger I'm sure!

6. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Like my new barb - he's much funnier to play for me than necro (essentially a "tourist mode"). And got decent rare gear in Blood Moor. I'm doing Countess now and still using these things ! :D

7. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

That sucks! In my experience level 95 is a good spot to die, though ;) That way you don't feel nearly as bad as a 96 or 97 death, but you also got to master a character and experience a few thousand AT runs (or wherever).

psst nice ring ;(

Grape and fearedbliss like this.
  8. fearedbliss

fearedbliss IncGamers Member

pharphis has spoken.

The pain.. it hurts so bad.

9. Silver Moon

Silver Moon IncGamers Member

Sorry about the death of your sorceress. It sounds like you had an excellent run with her. I wish you all the best with your next character. I really hate teleporting into the middle of the pack :eek:

10. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Thanks all :). Very much appreciated !!!

11. Timinator

Timinator IncGamers Member

Condolences t72on1. Atma can show you what was on the corpse.

95 is a great level. You will pass this one day. Her deeds will be remembered

12. DaveW

DaveW IncGamers Member

Tuff luck T72. If I were you Id make a new one. Blizzy is just that good, even without godly gear.

13. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Thanks Timinator.

DaveW, I agree. But I've had my share of Blizz sorcs for a while, need a break from them for a while now.

14. Grape

Grape IncGamers Member

Awesome char, awesome journey. Sorry about the loss. But as you said, it was probably around the corner all the time. I have taken sorc to 96 in AT and she died many times, sorcs are fragile especially without CtA.

I vote for untwinked 99 in SC! Though you have some interesting chars in the making. Hopefully they will make it all the way :)