Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

RIP IceQueen

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nightfish, May 19, 2005.

1. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast Diabloii.Net Member

i always knew there is a reason i've never used occy in hc... obviously never lost a char to it as i never used it but nice to see i never used it for a reason :p sorry for your loss though :)

2. Severoth

Severoth Diabloii.Net Member

That sucks Nightfish.

Best of luck with the new sorc though. And at least you are playing the way its meant to be played, where one slip up and your deeds are remembered. :)

3. Nightfish

Nightfish Diabloii.Net Member

Aw, don't blame it all on the poor occy. Now I feel compelled to use it on my next sorcs to prove that it's not that little bugger's fault. It was really 95% carelessness on my part. :D

I think I'll delete her ghost pretty soon so I can start a new char with that name again. Really having some problems thinking of 49 names... >_<

4. ShadowSpectrum

ShadowSpectrum Diabloii.Net Member

I can't even start to think how many people have told me their HC sorc has died to Occulus before. That's why all of my hardcore sorceresses (which haven't been that many, 2...maybe 3) have used Wizardspike. IMO Wizardspike > Occy. Sure it has no skills, MF, or the 20 to vita, but the pure sexyness of it makes up for it :)

5. PyroStock

PyroStock Diabloii.Net Member

My HC Necro had a little scare with King Leoric's wand. I usually keep it on weapon-switch, but I was walking around with it out where no creatures were (I thought only enemy creature attacks could activate it) and stepped into some fire (a already existing burning fire trap) and BAM the prison went up and I started to be cooked. :eek: But since it was only a little fire it couldn't kill me and reds were plenty until the wall went down... but wow scary if a Hell Lord was trapped in there with me... I would have been his prison b****. :eek:

I never found Occy yet, but my Blizz Sorc is fortunate enough to have a +2All +3Blizz 20FCR rare orb from L42 until she's L73 for my Death's Fathom.

6. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe Diabloii.Net Member

RIP
    Heh, there's a reason to why Occy is nicknamed The Suicide Stick. But it's not too bad in sc imo. It has saved my sorc more times then it has killed her.

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster Diabloii.Net Member

I have a HC Occy, but never found a use of it (my 1.10 socr is still parking at A2 normal, she will park there for some long time to come).

My HC fishy however uses arm of king leorics. The closest call was trapped in with hell Lister! bone armor (using charged feature) + fast Esc saved him.

I certainly wouldn't use Occy on HC sorc. socr has no protection like necro.