Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rings and what to socket for IK Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Cold493, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

Rings and what to socket for IK Barb

I cant decide which rings to use for my IK barb, I was thinking one BK and one natures peace, or dual BK. Or some other option. I am also nusure of what to socket in the helm, maul and armor. I'm thinking for sure some ed jewels/ohm runes here maybe an Um somewhere. Other than that I'm not sure. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

2. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

BK is fine, and you'll probably want Ravenfrost for the arm, dex, and "cannot be frozen," plus that nice little cold damage boost.

As for socketing: ed/str and ed/ias jewels are great. You should have PLENTY of resists between the anya quests, natural resist skill, and the IK set; even if you didn't, I wouldn't socket with Um, since that only adds 15%, and you can get that much from a jewel, along with a second useful mod. I'd just go with ed jewels of some sort myself. If you're making a whirl barb, 2 15 ias jewels in the weapon are a must, so you can hit the last break-point. Likewise, if you're doing whirling, put ed/str jewels in your armor/helm.

-Hal

3. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

Just a quick side note, I was going to use metalgrid as my ammy. I assume thats the best choice, since +skills isnt such an issue with a barb. The only other options I could think of were Maras and Highlords. Is Metalgrid the best choice?

4. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Highlord's is typically the best choice, for the ias, +1 skill, resists, and most importantly, the 37% deadly strike, making you deal double damage a helluva lot more. Grid is nice, but Highlord's is usually the best amulet a barb can get.

-Hal

5. Cold493

Cold493 IncGamers Member

If I use highlords I only need 1 ias jewel then with the Ik set right??

6. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

No, if you're using whirlwind, you have to hit -60 ias on the weapon. Since OM's are base 10, and IK set has 40% on it, you need 30% more on the weapon to hit -60.

If you're using conc or berserk, any ias you have period counts. Check the calculator at the top of the forum; enter 10 as wsm, set class to barb and swing type to two-handed other, then "show table." Far left column is how much IAS you need to hit each breakpoint on the far right.

-Hal