Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ridiculous MF game

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Good-At-Trading, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

Ridiculous MF game

This is a true story. It happened to me and I have the items to prove it. Well I have a mf sorc, with a nice holy freeze merc and I do mf runs consisting of andy, pit, meph, trav, pindle, eldritch and shenk. Well anyways I had been magic finding for about an hour when I made game amc29///29. At the time I had no idea that it was going to be my gift from the gods. I joined the game rehired my merc (curse eldritch and his poison) and I got my first 1232 sojs sold to merchant. I teled down to andy took out with a couple of blizz casts. Drops nothing special. Second 1236 sojs sold to merchants. So I go to town go to the pits running through the pits. I kill a herd of devilkin for exp for me and my merc. Click alt to check for any gold or the chance of a unique or something. To my amazement there was set lacquered plate(tals) holy **** I exclaimed snatched it up and went on my way. Nothing else from the pit. Third 1240 sojs sold to merchants. So I head over to act3 meph tele down there same thingy merc tanks meph I cast blizzard. When meph pops I hold alt and goddamn a skulders and a shako. Wow this must be my lucky day or something. As of now I'm happy as a clam. I go do travs nothing special there either just a lot of gold. I go up to eldritch and shenk. Eldritch was a disapointment only like 2 magics or something. Shenk dropped a little better got unique ammy, turned out to be eye of etlitch. So I head back to town to heal and stuff. When what do I get? No other than "DIABLO WALKS THE EARTH". Now my sorc may be a good mfer but she stands no chance against dc. So I quick go spawn Diablo Clone at the summoner (who ever would look there) . I than /f m my friend to join game real quick. I exit out and sign onto my diablo clone killing pally machine. I charge on down to arcane while getting constant "WHERE IS HE?" from my friend. I kill dc in like 2 minutes. Pick up ani and its a near perfect ani only 17 on + attributes, rest is perf.

This was my godly mf game. Thought I would just share it. I know it may not sound feezable but it really did happen.

2. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

if that actually happened thats amazing

u jsut got richer in one game than i have up until now in the patch

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Heh, reminds me of a public pit run this past week. Found an ik armor on level 1 from a devilkin boss pack. Went down to level 2 and killed a rogue archer boss pack from which war travs popped out. Decided to pay eldritch a visit in the same game and he rewarded me with an oculus. Luckiest streak in one game ever for me.

4. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

also I'd like to add that about the next 10 games after that I like didn't get a single unique or no unique of any value. The gods giveth and the gods taketh

5. 954voltaire

954voltaire IncGamers Member

That's cool, but you really are taking a risk by not exiting/re-entering the game after such good finds. Obviously, you've never had the server crash and rollback your char and erase the good finds you just got. It really sucks, take my word for it.

When you exit the game it saves your character and all the items on it. Then you can re-enter and be assured that your items won't go poof.

6. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

hey this may sound a bit noobish of me...but what are the pits? i keep hearin people doin runs in there, and it sounds like good drops. I'd like to do some, but to tell you the truth, i dont know what the heck it is. Can someone tell me where they are at?

7. spiderman2k9

spiderman2k9 Banned

that was a mean thing to do to ur friend =/

8. Slayaboxer

Slayaboxer IncGamers Member

Pit = Act 1 Tamo highland, its a cave. You should take the outter cloister wp and follow the road, you should get there pretty fast

hope this helps

9. Gx_Eternal

Gx_Eternal IncGamers Member

thats a hell of a run man...i have yet to find anything but very low lvl uniques from the pit. But my mf is only in the 100's maby low 200's i havnt added it all up for a while.

10. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

thx dude, i'll have to look into this...

11. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

You'll notice a big difference going from 100 to 200 alone. 300 would be pretty good, 400 only a slightly better.

12. Anksun

Anksun IncGamers Member

well, you will find less uniques and sets with 100mf in the pits than with 200-300 but Pits is probably one of the best place to run with low magic finding.

Why? Cause you'll get plenty of chances to find regular stuff which could turn out to be:

Eth zerker, Eth CB, 3sockets armor like archon, ... This is not uniques but it's in some case worth more actually...

13. Deadsight

Deadsight IncGamers Member

I have done one pit run in my entire diablo 2 history and when I went to level 2 with my 81%mf I just happened to find a Tal rashas armor. I also had a very good mf streak once from 7 mephisto games one after the other. 1st run shako, 2nd run war travs 45%, 3rd run storm shield, 4th run maras ammy 25%, 5th run Tal rasha ammy, 6th run Arachnid mesh, 7th run oculus. That was my best streak ever but the next 100 or so runs after that were no good drops at all.

14. ferretgod

ferretgod IncGamers Member

Am I missing somthing, I did not think meph can drop Arachnid mesh ?

15. UncleJoel

UncleJoel IncGamers Member

He can drop archind mesh, i was like :D , i got one, then i went to mule it with a friend 2 mins later, my sorc drops it on the ground, i come back with my pala and pick it up, and then suddenly both me and my friend are get the " connection interrupted sign" :( "that sucks" i didnt get a chance to "save and exit" so when i checked if my pala still had it, it was gone . . .dam

16. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

meh, mephisto has been dropping good for me every game mostly, so far one drop I snagged-- occulus, wizardspike

17. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

that's a useful drop.

18. Aryan

Aryan IncGamers Member

I MF a lot. I havent done any pit runs but Ive done andy and meph. Found 3 shako from andy and 2 shako 4 ss from Meph. I found lots of little things from them too like wartravs, tgods, all that stuff. Thats a nice MF game you had.

19. ChiComm

ChiComm IncGamers Member

An unique is only supposed to drop ONCE in a game, right? THen how did I find two unique Nagas before in one game? It was in the sewers.

20. UncleJoel

UncleJoel IncGamers Member

I found isenharts case twice in the same mephi drop. this has happened to me two times now. :grrr: