Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Riddle...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Kool69, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Riddle...

Can anyone solve this riddle, it is from Vex himself, and it is all a game in fun so noone get mad at him please! "The wages of sin is death... 262" complete this sentence if you can!

2. Vidaeus

Vidaeus IncGamers Member

3. CrazyChihuahua

CrazyChihuahua IncGamers Member

Ya, don't get mad at Vex. He is actually kind of fun in games. Sure, he wants to PK you, but atleast he is polite about it, and right now he is letting kool help me firt. He isn't being an arse. He is just letting us guess and play his mind games for a bit :p

4. Abroz

Abroz IncGamers Member

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

5. Milamber

Milamber Banned

If you know who he is Kool, and he PL's maybe we should all know who he is.

6. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Thats whats the riddles are for, hes coming in random MP games throwing out riddles that end up telling something about his char, and when someone figures him out and defeats him, hell tell everyone who he is. We dont knwo who he is, but that he is a member here. Hes just trying to stir the forum a little bit, add some of his own brand of fun to it, and i have to say, it was pretty fun trying to figure out our current riddle from him, which we are not allowed to release answers to other players than those in our game, but start a lowlevel game and wait for him, fun times... Goodluck to slowpoke and crazy trying to figure out the "gold" riddle! We got some good ideas on it Vex if you are reading this post!

7. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I can tell you its not me. I hate pking. :grrr:

8. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Just go througth the dueling thread, should have a lot of candidates to choose from. A start at least.

9. slowpoke

slowpoke IncGamers Member

I have a question, when we dualed, it was a draw - I could not touch him (I was playing my charged boltress, she has a hard time with fast moving targets) and he did not touch me.

I am guessing it was because I have max block (and got lucky). Could that be the case?

sparkle, lvl 21 sorc

equipment:
    stealth
    sigon's guard
    orb (+3 to charged bolt)
    hsarus' iron heel boots
    lenymo sash
    death's hand gloves
    rare rings each with 10% fcr and replenish life
    snake's amulet of brillance
    socketed cap with 2 chipped sapphires
    a bunch of +mana charms, a few +life charms

Vex actually questioned if I was legit. For the record, I am completly legit. The equipment she has was twinked from my 2 mat/pats, who both did full clears of hell difficulity and have since done a few meph runs and countless countess runs. I honestly do not know why Sparkle survived, other than luck.

Perhaps someone with experence with dualing could shed some light on this matter?

10. Milamber

Milamber Banned

It's threads like this where he gets attention...which means he wont go away.

I know I dont want him in any of my games, and I'm sure that sentiment is pretty much universal.

11. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Id rather not spoil the surpirses and riddles he has worked hard on to prepare for us!

12. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Personally, I don't even consdier this a riddle, much like the "What have I got in my pocket?" in the Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.

IMO, riddles are meant to be an intelectual puzzle, mainly an extreme version of playing on words (think of the riddle of the sphinx). This "riddle" is just a statement, not "asking" anything or making forcing us to pursue it in any direction.

Maybe I'm just a little too philosophical tonight...
    crg

13. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Look ok, he talks now, doesnt PK while your doing quests, he asks to duel. Dont have a sour attitude, he said he read the complaints against him and he said hes taken them all into consideration, so give him a chance please. It is fun to try to solve his riddles and puzzles... Just dont judge him before he comes to your game because of his earlier actions.

14. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

it wasnt really a riddle, it was a complete the sentence question but I just put riddle.. as the title, my fault. Oh well, :clap: claps to Abroz for getting it right! Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

15. tenaka

tenaka IncGamers Member

Don't have a sour attitude? Yea I care about as much about his 'hard work and riddles' as much as he apparently has cared about the games of the people he has stomped in on. If I want to duel I'll put up a dueling game. And as a matter of fact I will judge him by his earlier actions because thats all I have to judge him by. When he comes clean maybe I'll know more about him and have something else to judge him by.

16. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

Ok it seems like we all have different feelings about "Vex" Maybe he had good intentions in the first place, but it just turned out all wrong... Or maybe not, maybe he just killed the ppl he killed for the heck of it... All I know is when this is over, it seems "Vex" is gonna have a lot of explaining to do...

Also maybe its just cause we played with him that we might have different feelings about him, really I just don't want anyone to judge him too harshly and this turn into some kind of giant flame war. Although I did post in my last maybe some thinngs I shouldnt of... It was just... Nvm... Just as I said before please don't judge him too harshly... Unless he like comes into your game and starts killing people for no reason and disrupting the game flow...

17. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Can you explain why the "riddle reads,
    What the hell does the "262" mean then?

crg

18. Kool69

Kool69 IncGamers Member

well its pretty much solved already so.
    You have to take the first part of the phrase which is "the gift of God is eternal life"

we are talking about his character and the only word in there that really fits is "life"

262 is his life

He pretty much helped us along on this one so we could get what kind of stuff we are looking for in the future riddles and etc...

EDIT: ok thats sad when you get confused reading your own post

Ok first he told us complete this sentence: The whatever of sinners is death, i forget...

Then we saw Arboz's post with the answer, he said that was right.

Then he said take the first part of that phrase and put it in context.

We couldnt make the connection between 262 and life so he told us and we were all like oh ok.

Also at Crazyrunnerguy it reads "the wages or w/e of sins is death... 262" because that was our clue he told us.

19. Abroz

Abroz IncGamers Member

Always happy to spread the Good Word.

20. Milamber

Milamber Banned

I don’t have a sour attitude.

I have two points though:

• If he was so apologetic, why not apologise to the entire Forum and make himself known?

• We seem to be forgetting his very dubious “VEX†drops…