Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rich so quickly....

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Swordguy, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Swordguy

Swordguy IncGamers Member

Rich so quickly....

I feel this is a really noobish question, but i decided its the only way ill find out...I've been playing this game for more than a year and i've never successfully been "rich". How do people get so rich...I never get anything from MFing and ive got some of the most exploited mf gears. So how do you guys get those like 12 shakos...Oh, maybe it would help if i told you i was ladder and i want to be prepared for the next reset...i always here "get a sorc lvled and rushed to hell and get your gear from meph" ...but what if that doesnt work...HELP! I'm so sad and poor! :hanky: I got full mf gear and almost full trangs...but thats so poor! help!!! Yea it would help if i knew economy (ladder, uswest)

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Trading. I gained most of my wealth in .09 from getting mass runes from charms/cruels/armors cubing, and in 1.10 I buy things for cheap and resell them for alot. I don't really find too many good things, I just get lots from trading.

3. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I got rich from mfing. Hell meph likes to drop me lots of exceptional items and I've gotten 2 azurewraths from him.

Now to get 5 ohm runes, 2 jahs, 2 bers, and 4 sojs that I need, I need to mf hell baal :teeth:.

4. Rosco264

Rosco264 IncGamers Member

Man in my very first week of playing i just picked up stuff from cows and sold it to Akara. Lol :lol:

5. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I picked up Chipped gems, and Flawless gems (which I transmuted to Perfect Gems). Almost 99% of my gear I've bought with gems. And my gear is worth over 700 high runes probably.

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

1. Do lots of mf with effective MFers (sorc for meph most of the time).
    2. Buy quality for quantity.
    3. Collect gems.

Back in 1.09, I started with selling chipped and perfect gems for mf equipment, then doing thousands of meph/pindle/cow runs until I had a collection of nearly any unique and set item (ik armor, gris shield and stormspire still missing) and a BotD rune set.

When 1.10 was released, I skipped the "buy stuff for gems" and I started with nightmare meph runs ASAP (which gave me the stuff for hell meph runs). Anyway, I still take the time to pick up flawless gems, runes from thul up, piles of 1000 or more gold, rare rings/amulets/weapons/circlets and, if I need money to revive my merc, normal orbs and wands. However, I decided not to make more than 3 mule accounts (my old limit was 2 accounts, but I needed more space :D)

Diligence is the key.

7. xlodtraderx

xlodtraderx IncGamers Member

In the begginin, traded like mad, made amzing profits (dare i say im a good trader ^^) But when i got really rich is when i crafted my cruel cryptic sword of quickness 295 ed...i luv chipped gems...too bad they changed that recipe in 1.10.. (oh yea btw the cruel cryptic sword of quickness was offered over 900 runes worth of stuff, but i kept it)

8. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

smart trading + a small number of very lucky drops = rich

9. Wolv

Wolv IncGamers Member

..and of course, some buy off of EBAY

10. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

I consider that to be one of the things you "shouldn't" do. Other examples are: hacking, cheating.

11. Swordguy

I don't really know how to trade...I got my eth titans ripped from me in 1.09 and they were worth 3 hex...not the 1 I got...*sigh*

Gems are now obsolete I believe.

Indeed, but if only i knew how to trade..

I'm not into buying VIRTUAL things...I dont use money to achieve my goals.

Agreed.

So...anyone who plays on USWest Ladder give me some item prices maybe? And maybe...how to tell if its a good trade or not...please? :scratch:

12. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

Its all luck I say...
    Its luck when you get good drops from endless MF runs.
    Its luck when you trade with someone who's willing to trade more than necessary for something you have.
    Its luck when you find sought after runes.

However, I'd also have to say that its patience thats the most important factor in any "get rich" scheme. Just gotta have that little more patience during MF runs, or when you're looking for a good trade, or when you are collecting gems for sale, or crafting "godly" jewelery (or weapons for that matter).

To recap, luck + patience = richness :p

13. Swordguy

True Dat. Unfortunately I have no luck. :lol:

14. xlodtraderx

trading is really about how smart you are and how you can "sweetalk" or bull **** other people to make them wanna trade you. All u have to do is sit in the chnls for maybe a day or 2, just look around, see what prices are going for, AND 2 importatn rules:

1.) No matter what, always trade anything you have if you think you MIGHT get a tiny gain from it. No matter what even if you dont want to trade it (unless its super rare things like ccsoqs which you shouldnt even think about trading in chnls neways)

2.) ALWAYS trade for alternatives. Meaning if he doesnt have w/e u want or you calculate it and it doesnt make out to be a profit, use alternatives that'll be worth it. Belive it or not, alternatives turn out to make me 2x the profit i would've made if i didnt ask for one

3.) Easier to trade / popular items > items that are WORTH a bit more, but hard to sell

**Edit***
    sry thats 3 important rules hehe, hope this helps

15. Swordguy

WoW...thats exactly what i was looking for! :surprise:

16. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Also, if you have an item that is popular at the moment, sell it RIGHT AWAY! Don't wait, because, chances are that the prices will go down instead of up.

For example, I had a 6 socket ethereal Colossus Blade when the patch first came out. I sold it right away for over 50 high runes (10 were VEX).

The I traded the VEX's for 7+ JAH/BER/OHM runes each.

Right now, when I tried to sell my Ethereal Colossus Blades, I can only get maybe 4 high runes for them (if I'm lucky); and VEX runes equal every other high rune.

So technically, from just those 2 major trades, I got a profit of over 70 runes.

17. xlodtraderx

actually jackson...that is not entirely true. A ccsoq for example...you wouldnt want to sell that right away at all...i've had my ccsq (high ed too i think 286 or 287 base with ed/ias jewls) for 1/4 of .09 and still have it for .10. IMO and many other veterans...the price for this sword will always be the same if not go up BECAUSE:

1.) YOU CANT get these sword any more because 3 socket magical sword is impossible, best u can get is 2 socket one AND they are STILL extremely hard to get

2.) YES rares CAN surpass a ccsoq BUT the chances of that are nearly impossible

3.) When the botd craze is over, i speculate these types of rare swords will be more sought out for

So in conclusion...be smart about trading things. Speculate if they'll go up or down...i mean the eth cb being high priced and vex at the beggining will no doubt go down dramatically because THERE WILL BE DUPING NO MATTER WHAT SOONER OR LATER. Btw, good job on trading those...70 runes is a huge profit ^^. SO WHEN TRADING, IF ITS A SUPER RARE ITEM, HOLD ONTO IT FOR A LITTLE BIT LONGER DONT LET GREED GET THE BEST OF YOU. IF ITS SMALL EVERYDAY ITEMS LIKE ENIGMA, ECT, SELL IT

Hope i've been helpful

18. Swordguy

Indeed, Helpful...whats an eth edge worth btw? if ur uswest ladder...i heard its worth somewhat

I'll need to mf and look in trading channels soon...too busy lately though.

19. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Almost entirely true. I got an azurewrath like a week ago and got some real patheic offers but got offered ik armor and traded it. Made a few games to sell the ik armor for ist and managed to sell it without much trouble.

20. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Well, the question was not how to be a nice guy, but how to get rich :evil:

Beside of that, I agree with you. Hacking, cheating and betraying becoming help in becoming rich, but I formyself don't feel good if if I do things like these. It's a game, after all, so all this is should be about having fun.

It's just like Yoda said (translated back to English): The dark side isn't stronger. It's faster, easier and more seducing.