Rich Gits Runeword Preference Thread

What's your favourite high end runeword

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Rich Gits Runeword Preference Thread

With HF rushing becoming more popular, I thought it would be interesting to see which runewords the rich guys and gal's prefer and why.

Ten is the maximum number of poll choices so when choosing which ones to put up there, I chose ones that I know people have made. I have deliberately ignored Enigma because I thought everyone would vote for it and that would be dull. :grin:

Jaedhann

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Rich Gits Runeword Preference Thread

I voted for Grief. there's just no other weapon that add so much pwnage to the game. I wish i had some experience with infinity though.

DeathMaster

Diabloii.Net Member

It is unfair, why only the rich allowed to vote? /joke

If I'm rich, I might make fort in AP, just for its wide range of use. After all, if I make such expensive RW, I want it can be used as many possible build/merc as possible.

nepeta

Diabloii.Net Member

HF rushing is HAX and should be BANNED, lol.

And were is last wish lol ^^ Gonna make non hf vanilla last wish lol ^^^

colony

Diabloii.Net Member

I was split between Infinity and Grief, Infinity boosts a character more, but isn't really useful for PvP, so I chose Grief. Obviously if you had Enigma on the list I'd have chosen that. I don't really like Fort, but that's probably because I use Enigma on everything now.

HellHoundBarb

Diabloii.Net Member

Interesting, people only voted for Grief and Fortitude so far. There are many more expensive runewords there :tongue:.

I voted for Fortitude, because I just love to play with melee characters.

HHB

Naab

Diabloii.Net Member

1.Infinity
2.Grief
3.Fortidude.

maxicek

Moderator Single Player

Having just burned all my runes down to Pul to make a Grief Phase Blade, that got my vote. It's not just the damage that makes it great for melee characters - the speed also means the helm and armour slots don't need to be stuffed with IAS jewels.

Nice to see the voting wormholes in the forums are still working.

zerth

Diabloii.Net Member

I'll probably never see any of these in SP, but from my Bnet experience I would say Infinity hands down. However, the game value / rune price ratio award should go to Grief and Fortitude imo.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member

Fortitude, no competition. Anything swinging a weapon loves it and it's something you cannot easily get from other items / runewords. Most of the other RWs aren't actually that much better than unique items.

Low Key

Diabloii.Net Member

I <3 my Fortitude. After making it, literally all my characters have either used it themselves, or given it to their mercs. Call to Arms comes very close, even if it isnt on the list.

muzzz

Diabloii.Net Member

The armors are probably the most all-round useful ones. But I've been drooling over rabies ever since I got my hands on LoD. Which basically equates to drooling over grief as well.

purplelocust

Diabloii.Net Member

All the top choices seem to be RWM-only runewords, at least at the moment... CoH is the standout amoung the Vanilla runewords listed, to my eyes.

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member

One day I'll have the runes for one of each of these (all I need is two Los) - I am torn between Grief and Fortitude.

I'm going for Fortitude, becuase it's more universally useful.

EDIT: Interesting - a poll about the preferred runewords warps to a poll about preferred cheeses.

Callador

Diabloii.Net Member

I had a tough choise between Infi and Forti, but in the end Infi wins because you don't have to worry about AR problems in PvM and it just rocks with most elemental builds :cool:

jjscud

Diabloii.Net Member

I would say Infinity, Its opened up far more options than any other runeword has for me, and I'm still just at the tip of the iceberg. Its also fun and can generally be added to a number of standard chars without building around it.

If it was just limited to Vanilla RWs, I've thoroughly enjoyed Doom, yeah, I know its an expensive merc stick, but I've never had to choose between HF and Might (till I got Infinity that is).

Of all those the one that I would really like to try and haven't, is Pride.

And of course, I've completed exactly Zero HF rushes over my D2 career.

maxgerin

Diabloii.Net Member

I voted for Chains of Honor, because...

(1) I made one before making Fort/Grief.
(2) I used it with almost all of my characters after making it.
(3) I still use it with most of my characters.

However, once I make my <3 stick Infinity, I might put that at par with the CoH.

But still, the utility of CoH has forever left a mark on my D2 experience.
It was my first true <3.
It taught me how to HFrush. :grin:

--maxgerin

Ravenlord

Diabloii.Net Member

I vote for Faith.

I don't have a Jah to make faith,but I've seen Faith in action on B.net: very destructive :shocked:

Liquid_Evil

Diabloii.Net Member

I had to show "Bramble" some love because that one armor has inspired four different characters from me. (And I'm someone that usually doesn't share items between chars.)

Mine's a beta version though, so it might not count. Still, gotta enjoy the poison builds and the uniqueness of that runeword (I rarely see others with one).