Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ribcracker

Discussion in 'Druid' started by thethug, Apr 13, 2008.

1. thethug

thethug IncGamers Member

Ribcracker

What is the Ribcracker ? Slang word for a unique weapon ? Someone got a screenshot for me ?

2. stephan

stephan IncGamers Member

Re: Ribcracker

Ribcracker is, well, a Ribcracker. It's an exceptional unique stave and its stats can be found on the Arreat Summit.

3. thethug

thethug IncGamers Member

Thanks dude, fast reply! :thumbsup:

4. PacoQuerak

PacoQuerak IncGamers Member

slang for crack/cocain in the wolf world.

5. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

6. Zelator

Zelator IncGamers Member

I 2nd that.................

Zelator

7. Verashiden

Verashiden IncGamers Member

I call it "The Smexy" myself >.>

8. PacoQuerak

peeps get edicted to ribcracker but fail to realize eth tomb is the best choise
    : D

9. Borje

Borje Banned

That battle's getting old :p

the ribcracker is the most amazing 3 pgem item a wolf can get :thumbsup:

10. KellKheraptis

KellKheraptis IncGamers Member

Having used both on the exact same fury druid, I'll take the ribby for pvm anyday. Sure, the damage isn't nearly as high, but it makes up for it (and against higher life things, surpasses it) with the killer mods. Belt/Ribby/Jalals=best fhr bp, boots/ribby/glove=75% CB, and that leaves the armor and ammy open for nothing but resists, so it's a lot more surviving friendly. Not to mention the lower physical means not auto-deshifting to IM.

11. PacoQuerak

I don't proscribe to taking bum drugs, gimme the high class designer ones.

12. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Didn't know if was that cheap. Already found 3 this ladder season and sold 2 for Mal and Pul respectively.

13. Borje

Borje Banned

Low ones are very cheap, a few pgems+Pul for uping, yet very deadly. However, high ones and eths are worth quite a bit and, well, they are even deadlier!

A +220% ED one wouldn't be worth much, but uped it would give:

270-407 (avg.: 339) dmg
    50% Cruhing Blow
    50% FHR
    50% IAS
    +100 Defence
    100% EDef
    +15 Dex
    and as all staves +50% ED vs undeads

socketed with a Shael it would reach a good speed for your wolf!

14. TitanKid

TitanKid IncGamers Member

I remember using a ribcracker in 1.09 with my fury druid and it was the fastest attack that i had seen. I have been planning to use a ebotd either thunder maul or polearm because they do up to 1309 damage which is the highest in the game. I found a ribcracker last night while i was mfing and i don't understand how to "up" items which seems to be a good thing to do with weapons like this and vipermagi armor. Could someone please explain to me the process of upping an item and how the ribcracker is a better choice for a weapon than those that i listed.

15. Antonio

Antonio IncGamers Member

"1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Single Player, Ladder Only)
    This formula changes the base item type from the exceptional to elite version. For example a Cleaver is turned into a Small Crescent. This does NOT convert the item to the Elite Unique version of the Exceptional Unique Item. Unique item bonuses remain the same; only the item it's based on is upgraded. This can be used to upgrade Ethereal Items also. They will continue to be Ethereal after they are upgraded. You cannot do this formula unless you are using a Ladder Character. Also if the item is socketed, then jewels or runes and their mods will also remain." - Arreat Summit

16. bassen

bassen IncGamers Member

Lol Lars Ohly -.-

17. PacoQuerak

I thought you couldn't upgrade something affter it had been socketed, a friend said he couldn't upgrade his ribby because of this.

18. Findux

Findux IncGamers Member

Yeah, I think I tried that a while ago and it did'nt work. I'm not 100% certain though, and I don't have the time to try >.<

19. TitanKid

TitanKid IncGamers Member

Should i get an eth ribcracker and do this then? The one that i have only does 166 damage which seems rather low for a ribcracker. If they are only 3 pgems then that is easily affordable being as i have 30. And thanks for telling me how to up items. That makes the vipermagi and many more items seem much more useful now. Does this mean that i could up bartuc claws and they would do over 200 - 300 damage per claw?

20. Borje

Borje Banned

with the vipermagi it's another recipie, and actually a cheaper one, the correct one is 1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor (Single Player, Ladder Only)

Titankid: Well, if your ribby is non-eth, non-uped I guess that 166 is your max dmg which sounds like a really good roll, max damage varies from 143-169 so yours must be a really high ED roll, guessing over +290% and this stat varies from 200-300. Yours sounds like a good roll, one that does not go for a few pgems. Up and Shael it or put a jewel in it with some juicy mod, IIRC jewels work too for the BP.

A few notes on speed ethereal Ribbies:
    First of all, an eth one will get a higher dmg but since you need to Zod it instead of Shael/jool it you will loose one speed frame. Plz dont make a thread asking if its worth loosing that frame - use the search function! There have been A LOT of discussion on this subject. But to sum it up, you will get a really good dmg. Some say, I haven't done any calculations myself, that the damage/second is higher with an eth. However, one of the things that makes ribby awesome is the 50% CB which doesn't care about damage, it will reduce a monsters life by a certain percentage and loosing one attack frame will mean less CB applied/second. So it's a trade off, for futher info use the search function!

Also, upping a ribby turnes it from a Quarterstaff to a Stalgamtie, the stalgamite has a slower base speed, thus, uping it will make you loose one attack frame, but tripple (or so) your damage - so it's worth it without a doubt! =)