Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ribcracker druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Elvish_Legion, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

Ribcracker druid

I have both an upgraded and non upgraded ribcracker and I was wondering would a wolf or bear get the full effect outta them? I was thinking wolf for fury to trigger the CB more often, I was also thinking maybe stock on some CB gear?

Has anyone tried a CB wolf or bear? And if so was it viable?

Elvish

2. HardyZ

HardyZ IncGamers Member

haven't tested it myself yet, but i have a good friend that made a ribcraker fury werewolf, and he told me it was pretty good in hell, so i guess it's "viable", yes :xsmile:

Hope it helps a bit.

:xfrosty: HardyZ :xfrosty:

3. Elvish_Legion

Elvish_Legion Banned

K thanks, now off to see what CB gear I have for him, hes goign to be super sexy haha

Elvish

4. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

pre-1.10, the IK maul was the most accesible and usable PvM WW weapon... now though, and good ED upgraded ribcracker simply pwns it. If i remember correctly, the average damage of a upgraded ribcracker is even higher than the max damage of an IK maul. Shael it, and they hit the same speed (both weapons with 1 shael, 5fpa fury. 2 shaels on IK maul only drops the initial frame.)

Conclusion? Upgraded Ribcracker is awesome for PvM.

However, there is one more weapon that owns both the IK maul and the ribcracker... alas, i can't remember the name of that unique.. lol... 4 fpa fury attack!

5. Squatdog

Squatdog IncGamers Member

"the average damage of a upgraded ribcracker is even higher than the max damage of an IK maul. "

lol...the MINIMUM damage of a high ED Ribcracker is more than IK'S max.

Upgraded Ribcracker doth kicketh much arse :)

6. hung

hung IncGamers Member

perfect weapon: etheral tomb reaver cryptic axe %ed/ias %ed/ias jewels + zod
    my weapon: tomb reaver cryptic axe 'shaelshael'
    4fpa

7. Vajar

Vajar IncGamers Member

I like a mechanics 450% ED 40% IAS ethereal self-repairing feral axe with 2x ed/ias. Best weapon @ 4 frames.
    236-1171 dmg

However, hung's perfect weapon may be a bit better because of the extra mods, even if its at 5 frames. Depends if you need the extra resists/MF.

8. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Elvish_Legion, just wondering what is the lvl req of the upgraded ribcracker, i have a *normal* 294% one on ladder on my wolf and i am anxious to upgrade it, but i don´t want to leave him weaponless by doing it too soon....

9. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

You prolly have this already but Guillame's Face gives 35% CB, Gore riders give 15% CB... that should give you 100% CB with Ribcracker.

Andrew... that 4 fpa was it with a crossbow? Hone Sudan looks good just for the CB and the sockets.

10. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

nope.. this:

11. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

required level is 56!!

i have a shael'd (will be a 40/15 when i get one) 298 upgraded ribcracker waiting for my druid.

*drools*

12. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

ARRRGH...I read this post earlier thinking, hmm I want to try out this ribcracker now (by the way Im using Gore Riders =) )...Anywho, I was in a Baal game, and usually everyone leaves before baal is killed (scared to die?), but I usually stay. Anyways, I was soloing baal (nm) and one person did not leave, but wasnt helping with baal. Just as baal was about to go down, this guy shows up and JACKS a ribcracker that dropped! I was sooo PISSED. My MF sucks, and I dont do MF runs really, so when something even moderately cool drops, I get excited. Grrr I hate people that do stuff like that...No ethics.

13. RobWild

RobWild IncGamers Member

I know the enhanced damage isn't as high but what about a Windhammer? That would still be pretty effective if used for this build yeah? I am not on ladder so can't upgrade a ribcracker to elite but I do have a windhammer I could use and was thinking of making a fury wearwolf. Good idea? Bad idea? Oh and if it's viable in hell what should I socket my Windhammer with? Thx.

14. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

everyone (including me) leaves before baal because the waves of baal's minions are where the bulk of the experience is at, and the amount of time it takes to kill baal (usually) isn't worth the time. it's a time efficiency thing.

if i feel like testing how strong i am, i'll jump into the throne room with as many people that are left (to give baal a huge amount of HP) and go one on one with him. my ribcracker druid took him down in about 1 minute with 5 players left in the game, so i'm proud of him.

15. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

So is this supposed to make me feel better that I was robbed of my rightful prize for beating baal?

*Rant: Not to mention, I never get anything on my quests. For example, my nightmare Hellforge quest netted me a pgem, a flawless, and a sol rune. W000 w00! Blargh....

16. andyishuge

andyishuge IncGamers Member

That definetaly suck keaka, people need to learn not to take things that arent rightfully theirs just because they can.

17. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

Agreed. Whatever happened to karma? On bnet I give stuff to low levels all the time...Do free rushes and giving wps...help finish quests etc etc...But I never get anything, always get crappy drops, and people rob me =) ...Some world.

(If you feel pity for me now, I'd like to mention Ive been really trying get get myself a saracens chance amulet, donations and trades for lesser items are welcom =) ...W/SC/L)

Also, if there are any decent human beings reading this, I wouldnt mind making some friends to quest through hell with me. *Cornelius26 on the above server.

18. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Oh man, Cornelius? Same Cornelius that posts at SX?

19. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Karma or the law of reciprocity is all around us if you just want to see it offer to shake a someone's hand... by instinct they will most likely offer you theirs. The only ones who won't are the sociopaths... but then... y would you want to shake their hand if that's the case.

The game or more accurately anonymity (sp?) has a way of dehumanizing people so people have a tendency to 'take' knowing that usual social norms don't apply to them in this 'fantasy' world. I'm sure your generosity in the game shows through to your attitude and demeanor in real life and it is there that I would look for Karma to eventually repay me.

Unfortunately I'm on the east coast server otherwise I'd do the runs with you.

Aside: ROFLMAO... I like the way the Andyishuge's tar matches up with his statement.

P.S. lemme hear a Hell Yeah if you think spell check is a secret conspiracy to try to take over the world!

20. Keaka26

Keaka26 IncGamers Member

SX? Whats that?

I only post on like 4 places...

Here
    GameFAQs.com
    Dsmtalk.com
    dsmtuners.com