Ribcracker druid

Ribcracker druid

I have both an upgraded and non upgraded ribcracker and I was wondering would a wolf or bear get the full effect outta them? I was thinking wolf for fury to trigger the CB more often, I was also thinking maybe stock on some CB gear?

Has anyone tried a CB wolf or bear? And if so was it viable?

Elvish
 

HardyZ

Diabloii.Net Member
haven't tested it myself yet, but i have a good friend that made a ribcraker fury werewolf, and he told me it was pretty good in hell, so i guess it's "viable", yes :xsmile:



Hope it helps a bit.



:xfrosty: HardyZ :xfrosty:
 
HardyZ said:
haven't tested it myself yet, but i have a good friend that made a ribcraker fury werewolf, and he told me it was pretty good in hell, so i guess it's "viable", yes :xsmile:



Hope it helps a bit.



:xfrosty: HardyZ :xfrosty:

K thanks, now off to see what CB gear I have for him, hes goign to be super sexy haha

Elvish
 

Andrew

Diabloii.Net Member
pre-1.10, the IK maul was the most accesible and usable PvM WW weapon... now though, and good ED upgraded ribcracker simply pwns it. If i remember correctly, the average damage of a upgraded ribcracker is even higher than the max damage of an IK maul. Shael it, and they hit the same speed (both weapons with 1 shael, 5fpa fury. 2 shaels on IK maul only drops the initial frame.)

Conclusion? Upgraded Ribcracker is awesome for PvM.

However, there is one more weapon that owns both the IK maul and the ribcracker... alas, i can't remember the name of that unique.. lol... 4 fpa fury attack!
 

Squatdog

Diabloii.Net Member
"the average damage of a upgraded ribcracker is even higher than the max damage of an IK maul. "

lol...the MINIMUM damage of a high ED Ribcracker is more than IK'S max.

Upgraded Ribcracker doth kicketh much arse :)
 

hung

Diabloii.Net Member
perfect weapon: etheral tomb reaver cryptic axe %ed/ias %ed/ias jewels + zod
my weapon: tomb reaver cryptic axe 'shaelshael'
4fpa
 

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
I like a mechanics 450% ED 40% IAS ethereal self-repairing feral axe with 2x ed/ias. Best weapon @ 4 frames.
236-1171 dmg

However, hung's perfect weapon may be a bit better because of the extra mods, even if its at 5 frames. Depends if you need the extra resists/MF.
 

iceball_aarf

Diabloii.Net Member
Elvish_Legion, just wondering what is the lvl req of the upgraded ribcracker, i have a *normal* 294% one on ladder on my wolf and i am anxious to upgrade it, but i don´t want to leave him weaponless by doing it too soon....
 

royalesse

Diabloii.Net Member
Elvish_Legion said:
K thanks, now off to see what CB gear I have for him, hes goign to be super sexy haha

Elvish
You prolly have this already but Guillame's Face gives 35% CB, Gore riders give 15% CB... that should give you 100% CB with Ribcracker.

Andrew... that 4 fpa was it with a crossbow? Hone Sudan looks good just for the CB and the sockets.
 

Andrew

Diabloii.Net Member
royalesse said:
Andrew... that 4 fpa was it with a crossbow? Hone Sudan looks good just for the CB and the sockets.
nope.. this:

perfect weapon: etheral tomb reaver cryptic axe %ed/ias %ed/ias jewels + zod
my weapon: tomb reaver cryptic axe 'shaelshael'
4fpa
 

gods_pawn

Banned
iceball_aarf said:
Elvish_Legion, just wondering what is the lvl req of the upgraded ribcracker, i have a *normal* 294% one on ladder on my wolf and i am anxious to upgrade it, but i don´t want to leave him weaponless by doing it too soon....

required level is 56!!

i have a shael'd (will be a 40/15 when i get one) 298 upgraded ribcracker waiting for my druid.

*drools*
 

Keaka26

Diabloii.Net Member
ARRRGH...I read this post earlier thinking, hmm I want to try out this ribcracker now (by the way Im using Gore Riders =) )...Anywho, I was in a Baal game, and usually everyone leaves before baal is killed (scared to die?), but I usually stay. Anyways, I was soloing baal (nm) and one person did not leave, but wasnt helping with baal. Just as baal was about to go down, this guy shows up and JACKS a ribcracker that dropped! I was sooo PISSED. My MF sucks, and I dont do MF runs really, so when something even moderately cool drops, I get excited. Grrr I hate people that do stuff like that...No ethics.
 

RobWild

Diabloii.Net Member
I know the enhanced damage isn't as high but what about a Windhammer? That would still be pretty effective if used for this build yeah? I am not on ladder so can't upgrade a ribcracker to elite but I do have a windhammer I could use and was thinking of making a fury wearwolf. Good idea? Bad idea? Oh and if it's viable in hell what should I socket my Windhammer with? Thx.
 

gods_pawn

Banned
Keaka26 said:
ARRRGH...I read this post earlier thinking, hmm I want to try out this ribcracker now (by the way Im using Gore Riders =) )...Anywho, I was in a Baal game, and usually everyone leaves before baal is killed (scared to die?), but I usually stay.
everyone (including me) leaves before baal because the waves of baal's minions are where the bulk of the experience is at, and the amount of time it takes to kill baal (usually) isn't worth the time. it's a time efficiency thing.

if i feel like testing how strong i am, i'll jump into the throne room with as many people that are left (to give baal a huge amount of HP) and go one on one with him. my ribcracker druid took him down in about 1 minute with 5 players left in the game, so i'm proud of him.
 

Keaka26

Diabloii.Net Member
gods_pawn said:
everyone (including me) leaves before baal because the waves of baal's minions are where the bulk of the experience is at, and the amount of time it takes to kill baal (usually) isn't worth the time. it's a time efficiency thing.

if i feel like testing how strong i am, i'll jump into the throne room with as many people that are left (to give baal a huge amount of HP) and go one on one with him. my ribcracker druid took him down in about 1 minute with 5 players left in the game, so i'm proud of him.
So is this supposed to make me feel better that I was robbed of my rightful prize for beating baal?

*Rant: Not to mention, I never get anything on my quests. For example, my nightmare Hellforge quest netted me a pgem, a flawless, and a sol rune. W000 w00! Blargh....
 

andyishuge

Diabloii.Net Member
That definetaly suck keaka, people need to learn not to take things that arent rightfully theirs just because they can.
 

Keaka26

Diabloii.Net Member
andyishuge said:
That definetaly suck keaka, people need to learn not to take things that arent rightfully theirs just because they can.
Agreed. Whatever happened to karma? On bnet I give stuff to low levels all the time...Do free rushes and giving wps...help finish quests etc etc...But I never get anything, always get crappy drops, and people rob me =) ...Some world.

(If you feel pity for me now, I'd like to mention Ive been really trying get get myself a saracens chance amulet, donations and trades for lesser items are welcom =) ...W/SC/L)

Also, if there are any decent human beings reading this, I wouldnt mind making some friends to quest through hell with me. *Cornelius26 on the above server.
 

royalesse

Diabloii.Net Member
Keaka26 said:
Agreed. Whatever happened to karma?
Karma or the law of reciprocity is all around us if you just want to see it offer to shake a someone's hand... by instinct they will most likely offer you theirs. The only ones who won't are the sociopaths... but then... y would you want to shake their hand if that's the case.

The game or more accurately anonymity (sp?) has a way of dehumanizing people so people have a tendency to 'take' knowing that usual social norms don't apply to them in this 'fantasy' world. I'm sure your generosity in the game shows through to your attitude and demeanor in real life and it is there that I would look for Karma to eventually repay me.

Unfortunately I'm on the east coast server otherwise I'd do the runs with you.

Aside: ROFLMAO... I like the way the Andyishuge's tar matches up with his statement.

P.S. lemme hear a Hell Yeah if you think spell check is a secret conspiracy to try to take over the world!
 
Top