Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ribcracker build Vote!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by plasteredkittylizard, Mar 31, 2004.

?

Where are you when checking forums

1. At work

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. At home

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. At school

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Internet cafe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Anywhere there is a pc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

Ribcracker build Vote!

Ok, so looking at an upgraded Ribcracker, I see a character screaming to be built. There are 3 ways I can really see for going about this, since I want to take the Ribcracker / Guilarme's Face / Gore Rider route for max crushing blow: A Conc Tank Barb, which I could use to hork after killing and with which the defense bonus off ribcracker would help a lot, a Zealot (Either Pure, Frost, or Shock, although the lack of a shield hurts this build), and a WW Druid (smack em up, let worms sort em out). One of the main disadvantages I realise is that in order to use these 3 items, it hinders slots I could be using to add to my resists, which are a major concern of mine as far as hell goes. However, with a total of:
    80% FHR
    100% CB
    10% OW
    30% DS

I'm staring awefully hard at taking those 3 items, and building around that structure.

Now, each build has its ups and downs. A conc barb could get crazy defense while smacking hard, and would have increased resists. He would also be able to hork. A zeal paladin would be throwing crazy crushing blow, and would be party viable with Fanat and Sanctuary. A werewolf would have crazy life, and a sexy fury attack, along with Oak Sage for party play, as well as Cyclone Armor to tank elementals. See my conundrum? Any advise along these lines would be appreciated, as well as skill and equipment suggestions that may work.

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Werewolf Druid hands down
    massive IAS, massive crushing blow
    and werewolf druids have the capability to do massive damage 2 handed to multiple opponents and still stay alive.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

ww barb. with a shael it hits the last bp. crushing blow is also good with ww, although range on the ribcracker is not great (2).

4. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

The ribcracker has been a longstanding friend to the druid with its great speed and damage, it's a drop in for a druid melee build. I dont think you would be heppy with a slow concentration barb, or a ww barb with a radius of 2, but hey, whatever floats yer boat. :)

5. plasteredkittylizard

Personally, I'm looking for the best way to distribute that massive crushing blow as liberlly as possible while maintaining survivability. Thanks guys!

6. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

I'd like to see ribcracker used on a zealot or druid using dracul's gloves. The extra crushing blow is very nice, and I would say the lifetap would make surviving hell and tough situations without a shield a lot better.

7. gods_pawn

gods_pawn Banned

i made a melee druid with an upgraded shael'd ribcracker. they attack mighty fast, and add draculs on top of that, and it's pretty easy to stay alive.

killing primarily with crushing blow? doesn't work all that well, i had a hard time soloing just the beginning parts of act 4 alone. you will find yourself getting surrounded quite often, and although staying alive (especially with life tap) isn't ALL that hard, killing is, and being stuck in a huge group of monsters will get you dead eventually.

get an ethereal upgraded one...zod'd :thumbsup:

saw one of them, one word: ouch

8. 0blique

0blique IncGamers Member

I'm just wondering, how much ED do you need on the ribcracker to make it worthwhile to upgrade? Right now I have a 230% and I'm wondering if its worth the runes to upgrade so I can use it on my druid.

9. plasteredkittylizard

It ranges from 200 to 300% ED - 230 is a bit low IMO. I'm personally holding out for 280+ myself...

10. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

I upgraded my 298% :)D) for my friend's druid, and it worked great. WW with range 2 is bloody annoying, and a zealot without shield = dead zealot. So ww druid, or if you really like barbs a wwbarb. Draculs+Stone armor+Jalals+Gore Riders+Verdungo+Highlords+rare dual leech/ravenfrost was the stuff my friend used, and he stayed alive pretty good. Killing speed wasnt slow, but you couldnt call it fast either ;)

11. vanfanel

vanfanel IncGamers Member

I've used an shaeled upgraded ribcracker on a ww barb before and it's pretty fun. It's still pretty effective in hell. Try this: upgraded ribcracker+max crushing blow+might merc+high lvl enchant= lots of fun :)

12. spuddogg

spuddogg IncGamers Member

I used an upgraded 294% ribcracker on my conc barb.
    Absolute blast to play up until about act3 hell, when his killing speed drops dramatically.
    Haven't played a werewolf dru since LOD came out, so maybe it's time to crank up another.

13. plasteredkittylizard

Well, good news - just traded for a perfect Ribcracker (300% ED) - now it's time to up the mother and go with it. With overwhelming response, it appears WW druid is the way to go! Time for me to hit the druid forum to seek out me knowledge =D

14. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

admittedly it was in 1.09, but my WW ribcracker barb was a LOT of fun to play. Plus the sound of the ribcracker is awesome. Thwack! Thwack-ack-ack-ack! I was not all that bothered by the short range since I kept it in tight circles. Ribcracker + Guillame's Face + Gore Riders plus a BUNCH of poison charms takes out crowds very very quickly. Werewolf would also be awesome, but there is something about spinning through a crowd, then looking back and watching them all drop a second later.

15. freakinrican

freakinrican IncGamers Member

I'm waiting to find a nice ethereal one for my charge/hammer hybrid pally.

16. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

uh no offense, but whats the point of a really fast weapon on a charge pally?