Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Revives

Discussion in 'PvP' started by devildriver, Jul 4, 2008.

1. devildriver

devildriver IncGamers Member

Revives

After my nec getting nked by a smiter and a hdin I decided it was a good excuse to finally use revives in a duel. I had my minion stack out and bang the smiter charges me through my minions. I tele'd away sitting still spamming spirits and what not (i thought i was ptrotected) and bang another hit from the smiter..

After teleing away and in the minion stack the hdin desynched my *** and tele'd on me and killed me.

This got me thinking.. Should revives protect against these attacks?
    and do they protect against:
    Blizzard?
    Multishot?
    Hammers?
    Smite?
    Charge?
    Foh?
    traps?

Were these guys using cheats to get a name lock on me aswell? or just very lucky?

Btw i revived urdars and venom lord things from river of flame.

2. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

Re: Revives

It's hard but smiter could of NL you or use 3rd party programs to do it for him, and NL stays on you if you don't get off his mini-map. You should only teleport if you want minion stack, don't run or walk because you won't be covered anymore.

Revives should protect you assuming there's more than a few to tank hits for:
    bliz-yup
    multi-can't pierce them all so I'd think yes
    hammers- definitly
    smite- only if name locked, extremely hard to get name lock through revives tho
    charge- same^
    foh- same ^
    traps- I think they pierce through all, or if not mb seperates everything apart.

3. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

As sweetalmonds said, they do indeed pierce though all, big revives might even help the trapper to get a namelock on you(r minnions) for some mb stunning.

4. SicHalo

SicHalo IncGamers Member

minon stack vs trap does not work or anything with splash dmg i.e fb sorc and light sorc iirc.

And comfirming what the others said. Minion stack> hammer, you should only tele if u have minion stack as they protect you like meat shield, try to get alot and high life minions as they provide more tanking.

A smiter should have a hard time hiting unless he abuse third part programs same with hammer.

All the attacks apart from trap will have a hard time landing a hit on you

5. Jerion

Jerion IncGamers Member

It's not that hard to sift through minions and get a chainlock.

6. reno666

reno666 IncGamers Member

If he has AA then he can easy since the mod bypasses summons. And if you pub, then its almost a certainty most of them do.

7. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

it IS possible to get a namelock on a neccy (or windy) surrounded by minions without using any hax or assorted downloaded arsetard'ery. it aint easy, but it IS possible.

before accusing them of hax, do a few duels with them and go out of your way to break namelocks. if they still hit you 100%, then yes, they are a hack'tard.

also note that once you HAVE a namelock on the 'toon in amongst the summons, it's kind of easy to keep it with a chainlock (for some reason, it's easier to re-acquire them after a telebomb). at least thats my experience from playing kick'sin vs mass-sorbing necs.