Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Revives

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ichthyoid, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Ichthyoid

Ichthyoid IncGamers Member

Revives

Are Revives any good? I hear their AI is horrible, but other than that, do revives help in PvM?

2. Kaptain_Insano

Kaptain_Insano IncGamers Member

If you are going pure summoner I would put one point into it. The more the merrier for a summoner. They are a bit of a pain at times but with a full army of skellies and mages u can throw a real party. personally I never put more than 1 point into mages and revives but I have a bone/summoner hybrid and i'm working on a poison/skelly hybrid (points are real tight on this one).

Cheers K

3. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

Yes, the AI is horrible.

No, the AI on Revives isn't any worse than the other minions. They all have horrible AI.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Skellies don't have horrible AI...sure they won't win any matches agains Deep Blue anytime soon, but they always do what they're supposed to do...which is engage any enemy monsters they see. Revives have a tendency to wander around and sometimes get lost from you if you move too quickly.

5. Tibialposse

Tibialposse IncGamers Member

revives

I put 1 pt in them--same as mages--they are useful in situations and if you have lots of plus skill gear 1 pt is enough. I revive burning souls a lot when running baal and sometimes the bonespear snakes. Any archer types are helpful and the best are the cows in the oh so secret cow level. Also the council minions are useful. The main thing is to have troops to do your work for you.

6. andenno

andenno IncGamers Member

I've noticed that revives seem to have a greater tendency to fall off my radar than skellies, especially in crowded dungeons. If I run around too fast ignoring monsters, revives start getting caught up on walls, and some of them disappear. (I can tell b/c the number at the top of the screen loses 2-3 monsters, even if they were just summoned.)

I suppose that if you can get something w/ teleport, all your problems will go away.

Revives are helpful if you worry about your skellies dying, like in a boss fight, otherwise IMO they just add clutter.