Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Revives in Act III?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by The Wikt, May 13, 2005.

1. The Wikt

The Wikt IncGamers Member

Revives in Act III?

Hi, I am a newcomer to this forum. I just registered.

Well, my Level 30 necromancer is looking for some good ideas for his new Revive spell. I know that the Mummy Shamans, Zakarum Priests and the Night/Dark Lords work pretty well from my experience. Any other suggestions?

Also, I've tried to revive Fetish Shamans, to no avail. They don't leave a proper body, but an alive Fetish that once carried the actual shaman.

I can't search the forum right now, it seems to be inactive, so if I'm reposting a frequent question, then sorry.

2. Grobyc

Grobyc IncGamers Member

Doom Knights, Gloams (those lightning spirits), Pit Lords, Blunderbores, Pit Vipers (the ones in nightmare and hell) are generally pretty good. If you reach the later difficulties, Rogue Archers are good too as they shoot generally pretty fast and have good damage.

Edit: Didn't realize you meant act 3 only. Aside from what I mentioned above for other areas, act 3 don't have many other ones from the one you have mentioned. The Hulks (thorn tree guys) are pretty good tankers and do decent damage.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Welcome to the forums:)

I like Thorned Hulks, they have Frenzy which is quite nice. Also Council members are pretty neat if you've gotten so far.

I'm surprised you like mummies...don't they just stand there and shoot that black thingy?

4. The Wikt

Hmm.

I tend to use Thorned Hulks too, but I find them pretty slow. The target is usually dead before they get close enough. But if they do, they're quite good.

That dark ball is pretty good, in fact. And the Shaman is pretty good in melee.

What I'd really want to resurrect is a Fetish Shaman (of any level). Their Infernos nearly killed me a few times, and Revive adds to a revived monster's damage..

Thanks for the Council Member idea. I've tried Travincal, but those Unique Council Members prove to be quite problematic. :/

5. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

I don't think you can revive Flayer Shamen. They don't leave behind corpse as you said.

I also don't think that skeleton mastery effects spell damage on revives.

6. The Wikt

I didn't mean Skeleton Mastery. What I have meant is Revive. In the description (Slv1) it says "+70% to Damage".

7. Necrochild313

Then you sir have a level 7 skeleton mastery, because that's simply an echo of skeleton mastery's bonus showing you how skeleton mastery effects it.

8. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

i personally don't like reviving elemental attack monsters, but i've only had revive on 1 of my many 110 necs, so i wouldnt totally trust my judgment :)

for that one time though, the best was always the physical types. urdars, hulks, fanataurs are all excellent; not only do they have special attacks, they get boosted by a might merc's aura, unlike elemental monsters (gloams, blood lords, etc)

9. newerest

newerest IncGamers Member

Revives of any kind are just *awesome* with a high skelton mastery level. My favorites are Dark Lords (I'm a poisonmancer; therefore, lower resist), udars, and basically any other kind of revive I can get.

All revives can do well in 1.10 IMO.

10. The Wikt

Thanks for the advice.

I happened to move on to Act IV today. I find Abyss/Doom Knights to be quite good revives. But I haven't come across Oblivion Knights yet..

11. Harleyquin

Harleyquin IncGamers Member

You can't revive oblivion knights unfortunately, they're considered boss monsters like the defilers although you can make skeletons out of them

12. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

the BEST revives IMO are Black Souls (or any other form of glooms) specially with a mix of strong meleers in the "pack", like Dark/Blood/Moon/Death Lords (unfortunetly they only appear in Acts IV and V I believe)

Due to a bug in Gloom'scoding, their melee "mana burn" damage is added to their elemental attack, thus making them deadly...

In act III the best revives would be Thorned Hulks and Council Members...

Act II would be the Greater Mummies and Pit Vipers

Act I ... Well..Rogues..and...Brutes? I like brutes cause they're big and provide good meat shields in PvP...but that's about it...

13. Necrochild313

Np ;)

I personally believe the best revives from posts i've read in the statistics forum are the Snakes from the Hall of Vaught in act 5 hell.

Those guys physical damage is apparently added to their poison cloud (they shoot poison-jav type missles instead of bone spears) very much like the soul's physical damage is added to their lightning, except that it registers as physical damage and is deadly with amp. The physical damage is also applied each time the enemy can be poisoned if I understand it correctly, resulting in massive damage.

I've yet to try these buggers out myself, but I'm using revives with my current venomancer so this is a perfect opportunity :D . Once I get high enough to use my crafted ammy (that is my priority atm), I'll check them out formyself and tell you how they are :D. I'm almost afraid to fight them though :(