Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Revived: ‘Opposing Force’ PvP Team Tournament

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zhao_Yue, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Zhao_Yue

Zhao_Yue IncGamers Member

Revived: ‘Opposing Force’ PvP Team Tournament

Round 2 … not as many takers as I’d hoped in July; perhaps since people are back from the summer that more will be interested or available this time around.

‘Opposing Force’ PvP Team Tournament

Introduction
    This is a 2v2 style PvP tournament where you partner up and take on another 2 person team. This is not a fixed team setup in the original sense; you can have different partners and different combinations of opponents so you get a different dueling field for each match!

Date
    Tentatively I’m looking for at least 15 participants before I go ahead with the tournament. If enough participants sign up, it will start on Saturday October 7, 12am (EST) and will end 4 weeks later, on Saturday November 4, 6pm (EST). Sign up for participation will be from now until the tournament starts.

General Rules
    Duels take place in the Blood Moor (Hell difficulty) after the area has been cleared of monsters and all parties have signified readiness. If you die, you must stay in town until the duel is over. If one member of a team exits the Moor area, they cannot re-enter until the next duel. If both members of a team exit the Moor area, they automatically lose the duel.
    • You are allowed to enter in a maximum of 2 duelers for this tournament.
    • No sharing of equipment between team members.
    • No bugged, hacked, or duped items/characters.
    • No potions, mercenaries, potion prebuffing, chance-to-cast prebuffing, wells, or shrines.
    • Absorb rules: +max resist counts as absorb and each character is allowed two sources of absorb per element.
    • Sources of Poison Length Reduce will count as a source of poison absorb.
    • Cleansing is considered a source of PLR.
    • Having points in the Paladin’s resist auras and relying on its passive +max counts as a source of absorb. If you having more than 10 points in a resist aura and have it active, that counts as two sources of absorb.
    • Having more that 30 Magic Damage Reduced from items counts as an absorb

Banned and Restricted Skills (Players may put invest points in these skills as synergies or prerequisite skills.)
    • A player may only use an item with o-skills if and only if their build is dependant on it, for example Wolfhowl for Wolfbarbs and Passion for Zeal Enchantress.
    • Battle Orders prebuffing is limited to level 30.
    • Slow Missiles is banned.
    • Teleport is banned. Chance to cast Teleport on the Occulus is allowed.
    • Blessed Hammers and Concentration used at the same time is banned.
    • Vigor, Holy Freeze and Holy Bolt are banned.
    • Skeleton, Skeleton Magi and Revives are banned.
    • Decrepify and Life Tap are banned. This includes % Chance to Cast from items.
    • Bone Wall and Bone Prison are banned.
    • Bone Armour cannot be recast.
    • Bone Spirit is limited to a maximum of level 33.
    • Cyclone Armour cannot be recast.

Banned and Restricted Items

• Only items from versions later than 1.10 are allowed. 1.10s and 1.10b items are not allowed.
    • Runes and Rune Word usage are limited to Gul and below.
    • Faster run/walk is limited to a maximum of 110 from items, charms, Burst of Speed or Increase Speed. Feral Rage and Frenzy can be used on top of the 110 limit.
    • Trap assassins who choose to use Burst of Speed are limited to a maximum of 90 FRW.
    • Slow gear is limited 10% for melee or ranged builds. If the player is ranged or melee and they choose to use slow gear, their maximum FRW is limited to 90%.
    • Skills with knockback (Smite, Bash, Charge, etc) are allowed. Knockback from items is not allowed unless used in conjuction with skills that knockback.
    • Non-Skill Poison Damage is limited to 200
    • Total life replenish from items or skills is limited to 25
    • Blackoak Shield and Rising Sun Amulet are banned.
    • Item Charges are not allowed.

Matches
    The setup of this tournament is open ended, to assist in more accessible duels. All you need to do is to grab yourself and 3 other duelers and you’re good to go!
    However matches are limited to some guidelines:
    • You can only duel a specific combinations of people once. IE, Team Player A and B vs Player C and D can duel once for a best 3 of 5 but not again, for scoring purposes.
    • You may only have the same partner for a maximum of 3 times. IE, Player A may do matches AB-CD, AB-EF and AB-GH. After that, Player A may not partner up with Player B, although he may duel against Player B on an opposing team.
    • You will be scored for the first 20 matches you undertake. Any subsequent matches will not be scored.
    • If you have 4 players in a game, a good way to get 3 matches is to rotate. IE, AB-CD, AC-DB then AD-BC.

Etiquette
    • If there are 5 – 7 players in the game, please instigate a rotation with everyone so you don’t have people waiting around for too long.
    • On your initial match, try to choose a match combination to have a balance in teams.
    • I encourage you to duel a wide variety of opponents instead of a select few.

Winning
    When both members of a team die, the other team wins the duel. Matches are best 3 out of 5 duels. Everyone needs to keep a close watch on their own points so no mistakes are posted by others. Scoring will be awarded as follows.

5 points for the winning team, three duels won
    3 points if your team won two duels
    2 points if your team won one duel
    1 point for no wins

If both teams are down to 1 person each and they both die at the same time, whoever dies first is determined by in game messaging. Example: MattedFur was slain by Jengus, Jengus was slain by MattedFur; Jengus would be the victor because he killed his opponent first. No replacement duels are necessary. The host computer is the one that is the most accurate, so base the death off of that.

Prizes
    The top three scorers will graced with my artistic skills by being immortalized in an Olympic podium style picture. Also they will receive my personal thumbs up.

Top Rookie Scorer (person who has never been in a pvp tournament) will get to choose 1 plain skiller from my stash. (I’m sorry but I’m not will to part with he vita/sustenance/FHR ones just yet.)

I am RWM/RRM so any vanilla players who enter should note this.

Random Notes
    During the tournament, you cannot mule more beneficial items to your character so have everything you think you’ll need in your stash before the official start date. Remember to wait for your opponents to signify their readiness before you start to fight them. If you have any questions about anything pertaining to this tournament thread, please post here as soon as possible so I can clarify for you.

My advice to you is to keep dueling and posting the results so I can update my Excel sheet regularly. I’ll try to post standings periodically and if there is any question on the numbers, I’ll be happy to go over the calculations with you. Good luck to all, and I’ll see you in the Blood Moor!

2. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Very nice, I was just wondering when will be next tournament.

And now prepare yourself for some whine: :tongue:

So, only paladins cannot use their FR/W skill!? That makes no sense. Racism! Discrimination! :evil:

:sad2:

Oh, and if I haven't missed it somehow there's nothing about Amp dmg curse? So it's allowed?

3. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

Ahh I think I'll pass this one....too busy these days + my new lvl 99 project and Doom rw project. I still hope we'll see your pvp ladder 06/07 with less gear restrictions:wink3:

4. Zhao_Yue

Of course.

New people were being terrorized by desynchronization from charge + vigor so I thought to put this fear to rest.

It is possible that a paladin with vigor partied with someone with 110 FRW would make them uncatchable, and hence unfair to the opposing team.

Paladin move much faster with shift + charge. You may add meditation for unlimited speedy travel.

I wanted to try to position the rune-rich and rune-poor on more even grounds for this tournament. Am I going to hear alot of feedback on this rule? :smiley:
    If this is a sticky point for most people, I might get rid of it.

Amplify damage is allowed.

5. Liquid_Evil

Liquid_Evil IncGamers Member

Not many PvP newcomers flocking out of the woodwork for this one, that's kind of surprising seeing how they would benefit most from the rulesets imposed.

It starts so soon, I'll see if I can't finish my current PvP char and get her ready for this. If I can't, outfitting older (and since stripped) PvP chars of mine might work.

Anyway, let's see some participation people, there's hardly any posts in this thread! I'd really like to see some new faces on the pvp scene. (Even if you aren't interested in this particular tourney, tell us what would motivate you to play in the next one?)

6. sablast

sablast IncGamers Member

what ever rules are, I'm in

7. Pucho

Pucho Banned

Count me in.

8. Kylome

Kylome IncGamers Member

I guess I will give it a try. I have not dueled in years and that was on Bnet. I am sure with that and the fact that my equip is not that great I wont go far but who knows.

9. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Makes sense. Maybe it's time for another get-noobs-into-pvp thread? With these restrictions it's ideal opportunity for them.

At least I will get chance to put something useful on weapon switch since CtA is out :tongue:

Damn, where did I put that Lacerator? Time to smite poor amped people :grin:

I'm just afraid teams with barb will be too strong because of BO.

*goes leveling v/t*

10. Zhao_Yue

Thanks for the support, given our little spat. :smiley:

Welcome back to (real :tongue:) PvP. You get special treatment old buddy.

That's the spirit!

What are you yapping about? You don't even play anymore, you GuildWars boy.

Noobs is pretty harsh, I prefer the comical 'nubs' phrasing more.

Yeah, it would be nice if the rules attracted more of said group here. :azn:

11. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Yeah, we don't want n00bs, newbies are welcome though! :badteeth:

If I can get a char ready in time i'll be in.

12. XDoomasX

XDoomasX IncGamers Member

On second though I'm in too:rolleyes: Time to find and waste some mal runes....:tongue: DooM is coming...

edit: can someone report to Kabal that I want my DC, personalized or not doesnt matter, havent seen him for a looong time...

13. Zhao_Yue

So far we have:

Z_Y
    Liq
    sablast
    Pucho
    Kylome
    nex
    corrupted (maybe)
    xDoomasx

Halfway to quota ...

14. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Dear god i want to play. But no internet. Odd rules set you've got going there. I like most of them, and see the logic behind them. My current setups would be smoked, especially DarkCloak (vex in HotO, 07 valk wing, Ber in CoH, Ohm in CtA). I'd need a new char...

But I like the rules. For the new folks, here's just a brief list of uber PvP-oriented runewords that's won't be around for this tourney:

Runewords
    Chains of Honor (ber)
    BotD (vex, zod)
    Grief (lo)
    Enigma (ber, jah)
    Call to Arms (Ohm) (and it's Beta version)
    Exile (Ohm, vex)
    HotO (vex)
    beast (ber)
    Fortitude (lo)

However, that said, most characters would still be pretty viable. I've got a great idea for a hybrid char.

crg

15. Ashmer Amadeus

Ashmer Amadeus IncGamers Member

Seeing that Bone Armor and Cyclone Armor are both allowed to be cast only once, does this also disallow the 1.11 RWs for Necros and Druids. Bone and Rain maybe? Both of those have ctc BA and CA respectively.

16. Zhao_Yue

Recasting Bone and Cyclone Armour from CtC items are allowed.

17. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

I wish I still had my chars/stash just to pwn Zhao one more time :laugh:

18. barren

barren IncGamers Member

I would join with my WW sin, but I can't use my chaos claw due to Ohm.