Revive charges take my life!!

Earl

Banned
Revive charges take my life!!

Anyone any ideas why when i use revive charge from my "Harmony" bow, it takes roughly 150 life from me per revive?

Not that i plan on using them much, just wanted to experiment, spammed a few of them, and almost had a heart attack when my life zoomed down!!

Explaination anyone?

Raskah

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Revive charges take my life!!

Charges of any types don't take your life. AFAIK they even don't take mana. My guess is:

1) You were hit when casting the charges or
2) The charges do cost mana and you were cursed with blood mana which takes life when you cast spells. By some chance, weren't succunbi monsters near?!

Mwab

Diabloii.Net Member

I was also thinking that the Blood Mana curse might be in effect, but doesn't that only work when your max amount of mana is greater than your health? I'm pretty sure that Earl's paladin has more health than he does mana.

Right?

Earl

Banned

Charges of any types don't take your life. AFAIK they even don't take mana. My guess is:

1) You were hit when casting the charges or
2) The charges do cost mana and you were cursed with blood mana which takes life when you cast spells. By some chance, weren't succunbi monsters near?!
Nope, this is why i'm so confused. I'd cleared the chaos sanc, and only had to acivate the last seal to spawn dia. No monsters were nearby, i did not have blood mana cast on me (which as far as i'm aware can only be cast on you when your mana is greater that your life).

The damage was done at the exact time my revives were revived. On several occassions.

The only reason i can fathom, is that it is being used on a paladin, and for some reason, this "dark art" conflicts with his righteous path, and hurts his life when he casts it. Though i dont believe that blizzard would have implimented such a thing. Its just really baffled me. . .

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

Well yeah revive takes life away when you cast it from a paladin since they're like undead killers or something..

chenw

Diabloii.Net Member

Actually with regards to Blood mana, I think even if your Max life is higher than your max mana, if you were cursed with it, it will STILL take your life instead of mana (I saw this when I was on my fishymancer, his life is higher than mana, though not by much). Monsters wont cast it on you deliberately if your Life > Mana, but if you were in the vicinity of someone whose Life < Mana, you can still be cursed and it still affects you, just the centre of the curse area wont be on you, it'll be on the other person

At least this was what I saw

Earl

Banned

Actually with regards to Blood mana, I think even if your Max life is higher than your max mana, if you were cursed with it, it will STILL take your life instead of mana (I saw this when I was on my fishymancer, his life is higher than mana, though not by much). Monsters wont cast it on you deliberately if your Life > Mana, but if you were in the vicinity of someone whose Life < Mana, you can still be cursed and it still affects you, just the centre of the curse area wont be on you, it'll be on the other person

At least this was what I saw
Hmmm thats interesting, and not how i understand it to work. However, thats a seperate issue. As i said before, there was no blood mana spell, or any other spell cast on me, and no monsters nearby.

Is the whole "paladin using 'dark arts' drains your life" confirmed then?

Raskah

Diabloii.Net Member

Nope, this is why i'm so confused. I'd cleared the chaos sanc, and only had to acivate the last seal to spawn dia. No monsters were nearby, i did not have blood mana cast on me (which as far as i'm aware can only be cast on you when your mana is greater that your life).
Since you were in chaos sanctuary, there isn't no succubi monsters there so no blood mana curse.

No clue here... :scratchchin: Maybe it's just another stupid bug...

AgentMarth

Diabloii.Net Member

Is the whole "paladin using 'dark arts' drains your life" confirmed then?
Yes, that is exactly why you lose life each time you use Revives. It seems like an odd feature to add in, considering the fact there is IIRC I think only 3 items with Revive charges, and only 2 the Paladin can use, but they did none the less.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Can you kill yourself with it? If you're in sc, could you try. If it works, I wonder what it would say. "[insert name here] was slain by harmony great bow" or something

Earl

Banned

Can you kill yourself with it? If you're in sc, could you try. If it works, I wonder what it would say. "[insert name here] was slain by harmony great bow" or something
Hehe, i was wondering the exact same thing, only i'm HC, so i wont be trying that :p

Though if my life had been half full when i spammed the revives, i would have died. . . and i'd have been really, REALLY, peeved at that! :p

sweetalmonds

Diabloii.Net Member

It'll say 'yourname' was slain by 'yourname' same thing as if you used sacrifice skill to kill yourself.