Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

revive bug

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Crocop owns you, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Crocop owns you

Crocop owns you IncGamers Member

revive bug

Anyone else have a problem with revive sometimes :scratch: ?it doesnt always happen, but sometimes when i revive a few monsters then i run along i look at the party screen a second later and it saids i have 0 revives. wtf they didnt get killed or time limit or nothing.i didnt hear the sound that they make when their time limit is up.i dont think i ever actually seen them dissapear cos im like a screen ahead of them or something. this has happened quite a few times, anyone else have this same problem or know how to fix it?

2. Hypnectic

Hypnectic IncGamers Member

yea well...

I had that problem before, revives will follow you as long as you dont run to far ahead of them. When you get a certain distance away (not 100% sure what the radius is but I believe its about 2-3 screens away) they just fall back to the ground from which they were summoned. Teleport fixed that problem. TY enigma.

HyPn3Ct!c :clap:

3. Dausuul

Dausuul IncGamers Member

This is my single biggest reason for not bothering with revives most of the time. They take so much nursemaiding. You have to stay close to them, cajole them, urge them along behind you. If you get too far ahead of them, they just sit down and cry. And then they drop dead.

Skeletons have discipline. When you get ahead of skeletons, they simply pick up the pace. Plus they do more damage than most revives. My advice is, stick with skeletons for your main killers; get revives only when a) you're about to enter a tough fight, like Lister and his pals, or b) they're so lethal that it's worth the trouble to keep them alive, like Black Souls.

4. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

skeletons witch one would think thay do not have brains have more intelligents then a revive witch look like thay have brains. if you think these revives are the stupid, wait till you see the ones tomb reaver spawns, thay walk around like thay are deaf, dumb and blind

5. OldSkoolGamer

OldSkoolGamer IncGamers Member

Tomb Reaver looked so good on paper, but when you realize that they are too stupid to even follow you to town when you TP to heal... it's more for show than a bigger army.

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

That is my main gripe with Revives. The counter doesn't bother me, but the fact that Blizz just seems to have forgotten to code AI. Why did they do such a good job on the Skellies and ignored the Revives? Revives have feelings to, they also need AI.

7. kaervek666

kaervek666 IncGamers Member

the problem isnt just with revives, it also affects skeletons and golems although they generally dont fall as far behind.

ive lost 40/40 skeletons in act I normal, so im pretty sure they werent killed. the problem is if a minion is distracted by an enemy ( or a revive decides to run away from your mouse pointer ) and you get too far away from them your mystic bond that links you to the minion is broken hence they crumble away to nothing.

If theres nothing distracting the minion it should simply teleport to your location which the well behaved skeletons and golems normally do. just dont leave your expensive iron golem fighting something while you run off.

8. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

All summonable minions can dissapear if the distance gets too great. I have "lost" a Valkrye and a Grizzly when running too fast for them to keep up with other characters.

In 1.09 the main offensive troops for a summoner were revives since skellies were hopelessly weak anywhere past early Nightmare. We used to have to nursemaid the revives all the time or rely on the Merc and Golem (which were tougher relative to monsters then). Now in 1.10 we have skellies that are easy to use and we can just dash hither and thither. As far as I remember the AI of both the skellies and revives is the same in 1.10 as it was in 1.09... the only real difference is the immensely tougher skellies. Revives seem to act just the same as they always did but are not needed as much now as they used to be...

9. Dirkjan

Dirkjan IncGamers Member

my skellies often die too because of this. if I really start running (100% faster run..)

10. Crocop owns you

Crocop owns you IncGamers Member

Yeah my main minions are my skellies and i hardly ever use revives unless i go in a big battle or see some good revives.my skeletons never dissapeared when i went too far away.they always seem to catch up with me.revives would be pretty good if they were as smart as the skeletons.oh well i guess i really dont need them anyway but they can be helpful at times.