Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

revised mfing guide

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by zzzwindzzz, Sep 10, 2006.

1. zzzwindzzz

zzzwindzzz IncGamers Member

revised mfing guide

This is a buld i used when i was just starting out. It wont get u super rich in minutes so u have to be pancient. (dont correct my spelling XD)

a term u might wanna know are mf=magic find which is the percent of mf on your wat u wear/ if ur friend says lets mf diablo than it just means kill over and over untill he drops something

Now let get started. First u want to make a blizz sorc. Mine could kill hell meph with a lvl 23 blizz with 1-8 people just takes time.

Max: ice blast, blizz, glacial, cold mastery,than start doing ice bolt

Now the big problem is getting to meph to kill him so u need faster cast rate gear(ill explain more on this later) and (note none of the gear i suggest will be worth more than a lem rune which is worth about 20 p gems but normaly most stuff i worth like 2-3 p gems :)

This is what gear u use to get to mephisto

armour: stealh runeword(tal eth)
    wep: shard or wizspike(shard is super cheap and wizy is like a lem)
    gloves:trang gloves(gives 20 fcr 30 cold res)
    rings: 2 faster cast rate rings
    belt: snowclash (think theys might have gone up in price)so u can use like string of ears or tals belt
    helm:tals mask u might not need a helm so ..
    boots: jus t get some nice rare ones with res and maybe some run walk
    shield: now u want to search for lidless shield but anceint pledge(ral ort tal runes) will work or maybe sigons shield

now for when u get meph in a position like moat trick / some other ill show u u switch to this gear

armour:wealth runeword(lemkotir) or you can buy some or topaz a 4 socketed plate
    rings: nagels
    helm:tarnhelm
    ammy: any ammy with mf
    gloves:chance gloves
    weapon:gull
    shield: 4 istd monarch lol jk u want a rhyme shield (sheal,eth)
    belt: goldwrap
    boots: any with some mf

Now u might want some help getting this stuff heres wat u do
    run nightmare andariel and act1 quest 5 countess runs to get get the runes for your armour and u might wanna do some nm cow runs to get socketed armour

This is how faster cast rate works/fcr for every character their is faster cast rate frames and for every frame u go over with ur gear u will go a little faster for the sorcs the faster cast rate break points are 65+plus fcr gives u 9 frames and 105 fcr gives u 8 frames so pretty much u wanna go over 105 fcr or atleast 65 if u have any hope of getting to hell meph

theres lots of place around were meph is at
    #1: if the council is on the far right or left move to opposite side and moat trick meph if there in the middle u can sometimes get away with it but u might have to try #2
    #2:u tele to his lair part than to the right and get meph coming towards u than u tele to the middle and u can get him stuck in like a ledge kinda of thing than blizz him till he dies
    #3:u tele to his lair than stay by middle than once he gets near to u u tele to the right so ur in a corner and he'll sometimes get stuck by the ledge like #2 but ur pretty much switch sides
    once i figure out how to post images ill do that...

well i hope this guide helps the poorer diablo 2 players start out

2. zzzwindzzz

zzzwindzzz IncGamers Member

hmmmmmmmmm

3. Gorny

Gorny Banned

A few points and constructive criticism:

First off for a MF guide, it needs to be about what build you used and where you went and what gear you used.

Second, spelling and correct grammar counts around here, for example, use "you instead of "u", "what" instead of "wat", and so forth.

Most people already know what MF is, and we have more than one guide on the subject already. For your guide to be effective, and for it to help others, it needs to have much more info in it that a Blizzard Sorc, and what gear you will need to run Mephisto. There is much more to MF runs than Blizzard Sorc's or Mephisto. You should include up to date MF tables with their diminishing returns, also include some sort of table that has the Alvl, Ilvl, Mlvl or the areas in the game. You should include every possible MF location you can thik of and what builds work best there, and also gear options for the poor man as well as the rich man.

Example MF areas which are Alvl 85:

The Pits
    WSK 2(IIRC)
    Baal
    Mauseleum (sp?) Act 1 Hell
    Catacombs Act 1 Hell
    Crypts Act 1 Hell
    Diablo
    Mephisto
    NM Andariel for SOJ's

Example Builds:

Hammerdin