Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Review and finish my build plz

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Eldan, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Eldan

Eldan IncGamers Member

Review and finish my build plz

Preparing for the arrival of D2 i decided to find exactly what build to make... i like the idea of sins in general. So since i havent played it yet i thought id see if my planned build meets up with the forum's approval:thumbsup:

c/s sin btw

Tiger Strike-20
    Cobra Strike-1
    Phoenix Strike-20

Dragon Claw-1[prereq]
    Dragon Talon-1[prereq]
    Dragon Tail-20

Claw Mastery-???[at least 1 for prereq]
    Burst of Speed-???[I dont understand IAS enough]

Shadow Warrior-1[prereq]
    Shadow Master-???[ive heard mixed opinions on how high to build this]

Psychic Hammer-1[prereq]
    Cloak of Shadows-1

thats 66 points total... where should i put the last 44? Any changes that are dire? 1st char btw so untwinked

2. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

Your phoenix will be quite weak in hell so I suggest that you boost it with the remaining points, preferably claws of thounder and/or fists of fire.

Many will just place a point in shadow master and let +skill boost it, otherwise try to get her to the level where she gets her best gear (17 iirc).

The level of burst of speed you'll need for fastest attack depends on you weapon, however it suffers from great deminishing returns and most just put 1 point in it and let +skills do the rest, ~lvl 8 is healthy if you ask me.

Ar (attack rating) was a problem when I made my first ts/dtail, guess claw mastery is quite helpfull unless you find a good "ignores target defence" weapon, note that if you have a itd weapon you can use cloak of shadows anywhere it doesn't work to make up for low ar. Works even against act bosses (althought there will be no blinding effect).

A point in venom might not be wastefull unless you plan on using treachery as your armor of choise.

3. a brick

a brick IncGamers Member

i don't recommend maxing pheoniz strike, just stick with tiger strike because d-tail and tiger strike work well together. i also would max venom just for some more damage. and as kijya said, you might have ar troubles, so i would have your claw be a fury(has ignores target defense) in a suwayya(or however you spell it) or just anything fast and put a few points in burst of speed.
    regarding shadow master, it is a great meat shield and can be useful, so i would max that.
    and as for claw mastery, kicking isn't affected by +damage i think, if not, only 1 point into that. i could be wrong because it could be the ias from weps that don't affect it. ask someone more experienced.

brick

4. tsangd

tsangd IncGamers Member

To add to this, I believe a shadow master gets +1 to all her skills at level 18.

5. Eldan

Eldan IncGamers Member

Revision 2

Tiger Strike-20
    Cobra Strike-1
    Phoenix Strike-20

Fists of Fire-1[prereq]
    Claws of Thunder-20

Dragon Claw-1[prereq]
    Dragon Talon-1[prereq]
    Dragon Tail-20

Claw Mastery-1[at least 1 for prereq]
    Burst of Speed-5

Shadow Warrior-1[prereq]
    Shadow Master-17

Psychic Hammer-1[prereq]
    Cloak of Shadows-1

Should be 110

okay...given this revision does it look better?
    With CoT would i be better off with c/c? I lack weapon block if that's the case. (i would rather be c/c but i dont think it would be worth it in this build)

6. Madagou

Madagou IncGamers Member

if you really wanna, you could ditch phoenix strike and one of its synergies all together and max out dragon talon. this could lead to a very good hybrid

But essetially you need a holy freeze merc, either with infinity or reapers toll to get rid of those fire immunes, the talon works great on bosses

7. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

considering this is an untwinked char (are you staying untwinked or just dont have stuff?) reapers toll, fury, infinity etc will b out of ur reach atm,
    considering this i would say either go with phoenix OR a kicker (dtalon) although i imagine a hybrid isnt hard i would say that it would complicate things,
    phoenix strike - look up guide
    kicker - look up guide

if u go with phoenix then aim for nata set, this has an itd claw and is fairly cheap, most stuff other than claw can b traded for with pgs (realm depending) the claw would take more effort but is still very achievable,
    -silent

8. tsangd

tsangd IncGamers Member

i too would suggest a dtalon hybrid since your already using a good finisher against groups (dtail). With enough crushing blow, taking down bosses or champion packs should be a piece of cake.

9. Eldan

Eldan IncGamers Member

okay.. i get what you all are saying so should i take pts out of PS and put them in DT? or some other plan?

i havent read the guides yet but i plan to.

10. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

Dragon Talon is great skill to use without the charge ups. It delivers the fasted attack in the game for effective crush blow. Faster then zealing pally with fanta and phase blade.

Black flail + guill. face helm + gore rider boots and u got near 100% chance of crush blow delivered very rapidly.

11. Phesto

Phesto IncGamers Member

I suggest planning all of your builds within 80 points as that is within reason, and once you've reached that level you'll know you can finish the game with your build, so the rest of the points you may get can go just about anywhere that's of any use at all.

Generally with just about any character you're looking to max 3 skills that benefit from each other. For example with the assassin a nice balanced build within 80 would be a low-level finishing move like Dragon Claw or Dragon Talon which would give you killing power and AR to carry you to a higher level to get to the more powerful charge-up skills (Claws of Thunder and Blades of Ice), which you would then synergize with Phoenix Strike. At this point you could simply "max" Shadow Master, or perhaps take a more creative route if you chose Blades of Ice, since it comes with some nice crowd control.

On the other hand if you'd prefer a low-level charge-up skill and a high-level finishing move you would just go with Tiger Strike/Fists of Fire and Dragon Tail/Dragon Flight/Phoenix Strike (in the case of FoF).