Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

revenge!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by muteownz, Apr 6, 2004.

1. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

revenge!

i was getting on D2 to see whos on and chat but i saw this game Ist for anni charm. i knew it was a scam so i joined and 2 people were there. i said i had a charm. he never asked for the stats they usually never do. and he said come to act2. the other char there was a barb that looked naked but i dont use mh so i wasnt sure. the sorc told me to go to the part where u can enter the sewers from the side and not that trap door part.. hope yall know what i'm talking about. i knew this scam so i put the barb on hostle. he didnt care he said * i'm gonna go lvl * but he was naked so i knew that was bs. so the sorc tells me to go to the bottom i stand there and i went into the sewers and as i knew it that damn barb was standing there. shot one Bone spirit *dies* oh god it was great. then he tried getting his body 3 times. and after it all he finally said. "new game" as they try it all night or something. oh well i got a good few laughs and some gold. good times. :D

2. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

Congratulations on your successful stoppage of the theiving naked barbarian, and the triple kill in the sewers.

3. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

well actually it was 4 kills :D

4. Cambios

Cambios IncGamers Member

Can you explain the scam they were attempting?

Thanks!

Oh, and while I don't understand it yet: congrats all the same. :)

5. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

When you drop your anni in town and run to grab the ist rune being traded for, the barb enters town from the sewer and takes your anni, the other guy picks up the ist before you get to it. You = scammed. Simple yet idiots/over excited people fall for it all the time.

6. Cambios

Cambios IncGamers Member

When you say "anni" do you mean annihilus as in the really awesome charm?

Is there some logical reason why anyone would do this weird drop method instead of just trading by the interface?

It sounds so incredibly stupid I can't say I feel any sympathy for anyone who falls for this (unless there is something I don't understand).

Also, why is an IST a good trade for an annihilus charm?

Lastly, congrats again on frustrating the scammers.

7. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Yes I do mean annihilus. You have to drop trade as you cannot trade annihilus through the interface. (You can't put it in the trade screen.)

8. Cambios

Cambios IncGamers Member

Aha. Thanks. Well at least now I understand why the convoluted system even has a chance.

That's pretty dumb to make it non-tradeable. It isn't like that discourages twinking. It just helps scammers.