Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Revenge....

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Matt, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Revenge....

Ok, heres the background:

I was dueling this guy with my level 9 sacadin, his level 15 charger. It was a return loot duel. After a good duel, he killed me. We were both polite and all, nobody was being a jerk.

I let him loot, and he returns all except: Bloodfists and my shield (64% ED, 39 max, lvl 6 req!)

Well, he does give me his old shield (no ed, 25 max) which is better than nothing (i guess...) And leaves. Well. I added his account name to track him down. When i next see him on, i whisper him, letting him know that we will meet again, with me standing over his corpse.

He responds with "yeah, whatever you say" or something like that. He is still on my friends list (to find/kill him later) For some reason, he added MY account too, just makes my job easier ;)

To make matters worse, he was able to scam my friend. A friend i know in real life was on my account, and we were playing. We were in a private game, and a friend asked my other friend (thinking it was me) for a transfer, I told him to tell my friend to transfer in our game. The friend on my account then /f m's the name//pass, assuming everyone on my list is trustworthy! The guy then comes in and steals all the gear being transfered. (nothing incredible, some mid level stuff)

Now, any thoughts? There are numerous possibilities: He doesnt know my friends, some have offered to build his trust and scam him/pk him. Personally, i was going to let it go until he stole my friends gear. He was at least "decent" enough to return the other lvl 9 gear and a (crappy) replacement shield.

But to come in and steal my friends gear, that was too much. I feel that I am more than justified in a little revenge! He purpously ripped me and a friend off, I say, if i can, i should get him back.

Thoughts? Should i let it go? Should i pk him? get a friend to scam him out of items and repay my friend? Should i try to one up him (get him good, worse than he got me) Or what? Im not set on any course of action at this point, just though i would see what everyone else thinks...

-Matt

2. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

Sorry but heh if some guy messaged me and said I am going to pk your arse. I would first then add him to my /f l to see if he has added me, if he has added me I would of course /f r him from my list. I would then try and be more aware, while I was playing if I got a message from him with a game and a pass and maybe some chat about muleing. I would probably join the game too (especially if he had msg'ed me multiple times, curseing irritating and such), and if there was something useful on the ground pick it up. I know Matt you probably were not harassing him countless times so I guess I cannot give him a good reason to steal the items from the mule game.

3. acb123

acb123 IncGamers Member

Something similar happened to me. A friend gave me the account *acb a long time ago. He says he never registered it. So I had a really nice ladder sorc up and he took the account back and never gave me my items or the account back. I thought this was a good friend but I guess not. Now when ever I think about playing d2 I think about my account and I get really pissed so I dont play.

4. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

Just let it go.
    Don't get too worked up over it, and take him off your list!

btw, where do you keep finding those shields?!! I want one!

5. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

No, i was not harassing him, i said (this is pretty close to a quote) "One of the next times we meet, it will end with me standing over your dead body"
    Nothing more, no (unneeded) harassment.

Where do i get the shields? I trade for them :)

6. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I think you're fully justified in doing anything from ignoring and trying to get over it to pking him, you or a friend gaining his trust and then taking items, tormenting him with whispers for eons as long as he is online, or anything worse you can come up with.

In fact, I'd say the guy definitely deserves to be tormented without mercy.

It all depends on what floats your boat and how you want to spend your time online.

Sorry about the shield and items. Good Luck!

7. GrnEggsNHam

GrnEggsNHam IncGamers Member

Anyways matt I got a decent shield already jeweled up that you could have but it is lvl 12 req if that is ok? (IIRC it is lvl 12 I know it was on my lvl 12 charger :) )

8. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

I dont see where your dilemia is.... He killed you, you allowed him to loot your corpse. You are lucky he gave you anything back really. To then add him to your friends list and threaten him.. is provoking. So now that he is returning the love... what did you expect to happen?
    :xrollseye

9. Spero

Spero IncGamers Member

I totally disagree. The reason why is that I always expect people to be honest in all their dealings with each other. I would hate to go through life never trusting anyone.

Also, I think that theft - even in a video game - should have consequences. In real life you can go to jail, losing a character is nothing in comparison. It would also be fully deserved in my opinion.

Perhaps naive, but I'm from North Dakota - what do you expect? :teeth:

10. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Thanks for the offer Green, but the pally is long gone, i didnt rebuild him ;) I appriciate the offer though :)

Sinful, It was not a loot duel as in winner keeps the loot, and this guy was so kind as to return most of my stuff, It was one of those "loser gets all the gear back" And reaslistically, yes, i am glad to have gotten any back, many people would not have returned ANY of it. But that does not justify him stealing any of my gear.
    Furthermore, I did not harass him, I had only ONE conversation with him before the incident with him stealing my friends gear in a transfer mishap, and that conversation consisted of me sending him one line, him responding with one line.
    Me: something along the lines of: "In a future meeting, i will kill you"
    Him: Yeah, whatever.

Sure, i threatened him, but i didnt say im going to burn your house down, i just said i was going to pk the guy. And he was NOT feeling harassed to the point that he stole my friends gear to get me back for threatening to pk him, he stole it because he could. no more, no less. He got an opprotunity to steal items, he did it.

The threat to pk him and the transfer-theft were in no way related except that the guy was on my list (to find him and kill him later) and he happened to hear the password when a friend using my account, /w 'ed a password.

What did i expect to happen? Next see him when i was standing over him, picking up his ear.
    I can see your point on the following conditions (which were NOT met)

1. I was harassing him
    2. He got annoyed by my harassment and AS A RESULT stole my friends gear
    3. It was a loot duel where winner keeps loot in the first place.
    4. The guy wasent a jerk about it
    (just before he left the tfer game with the gear
    he said "I have a deal for you guys"
    us: "what is it?"
    Him: "I keep these items and im happy"

No, i did not just make that conversation up to embellish my story, the friend who was on my account posts here, he was in the game at the same time as this happened.

-Matt