Returning to play Diablo, need advice.

K

Kraken

Returning to play Diablo, need advice.

I have not played Diablo since Version 1.09...and see a lot of changes. I had at least one of every class up past a level 50.

I like a good all around player, with some magic...but mainly melee. I mainly play PVM, with some PVP. I have most of the 1.09 items with at least one of all the ruins.

I really have no favorite character and want to know why is good solo and is all around cool. Yes, I have lots of ideas, but want some opinions. I will be teaming with a Pally (nephew) also.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Everything is different. Try one of the builds you always thought looked cool but was never viable, odds are it is now.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
do you know what kind of paladin he'll be making?

chances are he'll have either concentration or fanaticism and fanaticism aura is alot better now, so he'll probably be a really handy ally for a physical damage character in either case

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
I have not played Diablo since Version 1.09...and see a lot of changes. I had at least one of every class up past a level 50.

I like a good all around player, with some magic...but mainly melee. I mainly play PVM, with some PVP. I have most of the 1.09 items with at least one of all the ruins.

I really have no favorite character and want to know why is good solo and is all around cool. Yes, I have lots of ideas, but want some opinions. I will be teaming with a Pally (nephew) also.
Zealer that can throw some hammers is a great all around melee PVM/PVP build. If you're planning on going torch hunting, a smiter that can either throw hammers or FOH is also a really great build (but smite isn't exactly considered a melee skill).

I'd stay away from barb builds because it's really expensive to make a so-so barb build.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I made an Ironbarb from nothing, he's probably my most powerful char now. Level 90, highest I have. Indestructible, albeit kind of slow. Great for MF too.

raffster

Diabloii.Net Member
gasp!

untrue!
i guess it depends on what a so-so melee barb build is.

it's been 10 months since I last saw a d2 screen so forgive my memory:

for me, so-so (decent) melee barb would be

arreats (ias/ed)
angelic ammy
enigma
stormshield
decent ias grief Z
stormshield (ias/ed)
low dungos
gorerider
truckload of low max dam / AR charms / low anni / low torch
+3 bo weapons on switch