Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Returning to LOD : Wat gear rocks for 2-h bears in PvM? if

Discussion in 'Druid' started by batuchka, Apr 13, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Returning to LOD : Wat gear rocks for 2-h bears in PvM?

Hi i just returned to the game after 18mths and i recalled having a ball with my werebear at .09 with shockwave :p Build him around Dragoon's guide and he was fun like hell! In fact i surprised a lot of mages that i can tank hell cows w/o a shield with a swing attack and stun them silly while sinking my paws at them :p Used a Mess Reaver/shaft/jalals/cats eye set up with oias on gloves/ias jewels. Recently while item running with my mf bone/summon necro i found an interesting superior 15ed ethereal 4 socket Feral Axe. I wish to make an eth 'Oath' Feral Axe and checking Dragoon's weapon speed calculator in his guide i shall hit 6 frames atack with a bear with 60 OIAS. Looking at items in 1.10 think i'd go with upped Duriels (CBF and resists) /Jalals with ias jewels, highlords and nosferatu coil to acheive this OIAS cos i wanna test dracs on a bear :p Oh and maybe for kicks a marrows to have fun with bone spirit with oath? Ok more likely a gores hehe. Do you think this speed is viable for hell on a bear and what other gear would you guys recommend on a bear questing/shocking stuff in hell this patch? I was thinking max Lync/WB/HOW/Maul and as many pts into Shockwave? Thks for anyone who could enlighten me :D

2. batuchka

Oops forgot to mention my weapon switch and merc choice.

1) On switch : 'Passion' Feral Axe. Reason : Anti PI *and* Anti Iron Maiden measure in one weapon with +1 berserk :p

2) Merc : Might Reason : More dmg. Also considering an eth 'Piride' if i can afford it else just made a nice eth 'Obedience' thresher :D

Good ideas? Looking back with my gear choice and 3 anyas i have only average resists in hell :( Any advice appreciated :D

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

That looks like it could do alright. I might personally go for Oak Sage, though. I've always been a fan of more life in PvM. And I'm sure you could do better than Duriel's Shell for armor. Although it is a question of what you can afford, partially. Good luck with the trading, and welcome back to the game. :)

4. batuchka

Thks Proudfoot! I am worried about the bear's AR so i am thikning of the HOW route. That said - i am considering a 'Duress' armor or even a 'Fortitude' Archon Plate which i have to trade for a Lo rune and am close to obtaining hehe. Lastly thanks you for the welcome - i am having a baal in this new patch and starting afresh :D

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Also welcome to the forums:)

I used the calculator and as far as I can tell you're only going to reach 7 frames with 40% OIAS...but I'm not completely sure.

Even if it's only 7 frames I still think that speed is viable in Hell, especially if you've got Shockwave and maybe a Grizzly too. The Grizzly can really help out as a meatshield, especially against superthough enemies (the ancients :eek: ).

I agree with Proudfoot that you can find a better armor than Duriels, you can still get the CBF from Ravenfrost, which is a very sweet ring that also adds a ton of attack rating. If you're lacking resists then I'd definitely suggest Chains Of Honor...the defence isn't spectacular but all the other mods are good, and it will give you a decent chance of getting maxed out resists. Of course Fortitude for super damage can't be overlooked.

Remember to get the merc some form of resistance gear so he has maxed resists, maybe give him your Duriel's Shell (CBF is awesome for a merc too) when you find something better.

Your build looks sweet and I'd love to try the Oath runeword but unfortunately I'm singleplayer. Anyways best of luck.

6. batuchka

Hihi Chimaira and thanks for sharing your thoughts. Hmm when building a melee char i always go with the German Weapon Speed Calculator and ya with WIAS of 50% (oath) and OIAS of 60% from gear i shall hit 6 frames and i confirmed this withthe weapon speed calculator at Dragoon's guide :D

Hmm ya COH/Fort is his ideal final armor but u think Duress meanwhile would do on a Werebear? I also have a Lionheart Boneweave lying around and wouldthat be viable as well?

Hehe yes most of my mercs use Duriels - its such an effective armor and so cheap too! I'm planning a Duir/Tals Mask and the uniq Thresher for nice ctc Deceprify hehe. Think with shockwave and deceprfiy i won't suffer with stunning monsters and most importantly i wanna have a nice %frw so i could run up to OB Knights and shock them and kill them before the go Iron Maiden cast dork mode lol

Hmm i was fiddling with the thought of a Beast Silver Edged Axe but even with lvl 9 Fan and 45% OIAS i'd hit 8 frames and the runes aren't that cheap hehe Ya would be sweet playing the shockbear again after a while and thks for your thoughts :p

7. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Hmm I must be doing something wrong:( The german calculator is sweet:). Just found out what I was doing wrong...I selected 1-handed axe instead of 2-handed :rolleyes:

I think both Duress and Lionheart are very viable end-game armors, although Lionheart's lack of defence has always irritated me. But with stun and Decreipify you shouldn't take to many hits anyway. If you choose among the 4 armors you mention you can't really go wrong...COH/Fortitude is still the best though. I'd probably prefer Duress over Lionheart, but it's a though choice.

I also think that Beast is a less than ideal weapon for a werebear considering the runes. Sweet weapon but costly.