Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Returning to have fun..new questions

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by blewstar, Oct 29, 2006.

1. blewstar

blewstar IncGamers Member

Returning to have fun..new questions

It's been since aug 2005 that I have visited this forum and somehow I remember it. I was expecting it to be shut down cause I figured it was an old game. Needless to say I'm happy to be here.

I had an incredible bowzon then level 99 with 100 poison small charms etc, but after a windforce I trade for turned out to be a dupe I left the game.

So.... with no gear I have decided to play a sorc and follow the orb/meteor and have some questions.

1. I have just beat meph in normal. Should I start farming meph or work on levels?
    2. What type of socketed gear should I look out for, for runes? (this low level is there good runewords)?
    3. Does this build restrict me from farming hell?
    4. Is the cow level still working? I have 2 accounts now and want to plvl another toon so is there a restriction on this? Beat a certain boss or level restriction?
    5. Anything else that has majorly changed since I left? I'm hearing something about torches.
    6. What is the currency now? When I left it was soj, but there was so many duped back then.

Thanks for any help
    Blewstar

2. badgerofdoom

badgerofdoom IncGamers Member

Dont have much experience in meteorb but cow level is the same, just dont kill cow king. torches are charms that you get from uber tristram(morph meph brain diablo horn and baal eye in horadric) the currency now is mostly highrunes(HR's)and im pretty sure meteorb can do hell fairly easily

3. blewstar

Shameless bump....hoping to get some more tricks, hints etc. Hopefully someone can answer the questions I have asked.

Blewstar

4. Pom Shadd

Pom Shadd IncGamers Member

Keep lvling. Wait til you get to nm, then start farming meph and andy I'd Say. But you should push for hell meph asap if you want to start accumulating decent mid-range items.

For your own use, (and without knowing exactly what you have equipped, but assuming its not much), look out for 4os swords or polearms. Use the sword to make spirit (tal+thul+ort+amn) and the polearm to make insight (ral+tir+tal+sol). Insight will negate the need to put anything to energy.

For trading, Look out for high def armours (eth and non-eth) (visit www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/elite/armor.shtml) for the defense ranges on armours. Also, keep your eyes open for eth elite pole arms (except ogre axe), eth/non-eth zerkers, eth CB's, 5os Phase blades, High res/dmg elite pally shields (both eth/non-eth). Check out the price guide for whatever realm you're on in the trade forums of this site to get an idea of what socketables are valuable.

To find these, id recommend running the Pit (hell, tamoe highland), Ancient Tunnels (hell, Lost City), pulling all the armour/weapon racks on durance 3 (and 2, if you can stomach it), and hell cows.

Also, if you're playing ladder, a quick and easy way to start building up wealth is to run the countess and summoner (in hell) for keys. Countess is probably more worthwhile, as you can get a few decent mid-runes while you're at it, up to the likes of ist and mal, i believe.

No. Do a little experimentation, and find out where most of the fire/cold immunes lurk, and avoid those areas. You should have no problem with hell meph and andy though.

Introduction of torches was a pretty big change: hence the advice above to look for keys. At the risk of telling you something you already know, basically, a torch is a unique, class specific charm. Torches give +3 to all skills (of a class), +10-20 all resists, +10-20 attributes, plus other, unimportant mods. To get a torch, you must first collect keys. Terror keys come from hell countess, Hate keys from hell summoner, Destruction keys from hell nihlathak. Transmute one of each to open a portal, where you have the random chance to fight Lillith (super-andariel), super-Duriel, or super-Izual. Each of these will drop either diablos horn, baal's eye, or mephistos brain (forget which monster drops which). When you have all three organs, you transmute those to make a portal to tristram, where you fight the 'ubers', diablo, mephisto and baal, all super powered, all at the same time. This is very difficult for certain classes, and your meteorb might have difficulties. If you're interested in trying, try making a smiter pally (see the pally forum for build suggestions), as they are probably the easiest chars to fight the ubers with. Keys can make good tradeables though, if you dont want to get into torch-finding at the moment.

The currency of the day is High Runes. Check the trade forums for an idea of what trade values are at.

Hope this helped.

5. blewstar

Thank you pom for that detailed reply. I have only 3 questions left.

1. So the suggestion of this forum is to do ladder???

2. My sorc is level 37 and I want to group with a level 1 amazon to help level up. I do know there is an exp hit. It use to be you can do cow level for a level 1 in hell and of course the exp flies. I have 2 computers so can group up.

3. I need to stay within 5 levels to get the most of experience and is there a link to the levels of mob?

Thank you
    Blewstar

6. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

I'd say go ladder. No one really knows when the season will end - and all the nice new runewords are for ladder play. Most people on this forum seem to play ladder too, so you'll get better help.

Leveling is really different than it used to be. You have to be level 20/40/60 to beat normal/NM/hell ancients, so that's kinda changed the whole rush to do ancients now. There's two primary ways to level (not counting just playing through the game solo and killing everything yourself, which pretty much keeps you leveled to where you need to be)

1. Get glitched rushed (or g rushed) all the way to hell, then run hell chaos with a high level char. You'll get lots of expience every step of the way. (it does slow down around level 24-25, but speeds up again after that.) This is probably the fastest way to level.

2. It's been a while, so someone stop me if I'm off in my levels here.
    Level 1-12 do group runs in tristam,
    level 13-24 do tomb runs
    level 25-35 do normal baal or normal cow runs
    level 36-70 do NM baal runs
    level 71+ do hell baal runs
    These levels are for the char you are trying to level up. If you take your level 1 char into cow runs (you'd have to glitch her first anyway) you wouldn't get any exp.

7. Pom Shadd

Pom Shadd IncGamers Member

A little off, IMO. I always did:
    lvl 1-6 (first quests, getting wps)
    lvl 6-15 (tristram)
    lvl 15-20 (tomb runs)
    lvl 20-24 (norm cows)
    lvl 24-25 (ancients)
    lvl 25-40+ (normal baal)
    lvl 40+-70+ (nm baal)
    lvl 71+ (hell baal)

I never had 2 computers, so g-rushing always seemed too tedious to try and organize, and thus, i never did chaos runs.