Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Returning to DII

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Raistlin, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Raistlin

Raistlin IncGamers Member

Returning to DII

Hello Hardcores! It's been over 2 years since I posted my last and farewell post on this forum. Strange that after 2 years that's the only thread I started that still exists.
    At any rate, after a very long absence I'm returning to DII, and thought that this would be the best place to stop in to see what's going on these days. Zappa still moderates this board I see. You are one dedicated dude, brother. I see Lucky Dwarf still lives here too. How about any others from years back... Baranor, Khellendros, baalos, Stinger, Carnage-DVS? Hmmm... maybe Khell was banned...

Anyway is was wondering about a few things that members of this forum have traditionally best suited to answer:
    1. Does GAT still exist? If so would I need to re-register my accounts at their website after 2 years? What's the chat address and website address?
    2. When will the next ladder reset occure? I started a sorc just to find starter gear and chips etc. but there's not much point if a reset is imminent.
    3. What's the status of Hacks? Has Blizzard finally policed away Maphack and all the lock-up bugs that PK's used to use?
    4. Speaking of PK's, is Blue Moon still arround?
    5. Are there any credible and viable guides for character builds. I haven't played since the early days of V1.10, which changed the universe as I knew it.

Thanks for any input, and hopefully I'll see some of you around the realms.

Stay hard! Live Long!

~Raistlin.

2. Hp_Sauce

Hp_Sauce IncGamers Member

Hello and welcome back! I doubt that you remember me, I don't remember you to be honest but I was around in the past.

Some of the old folks have returned recently. Barry quit but still posts sometimes, Stinger has also quit but still posts sometimes, I haven't seen Khell I'm pretty sure he got banned, speaking of banned, Demandred has returned but is playing softcore now due to computer slowness and lag, Wingblade has returned in force, tomato, tai, others I'm sure I've forgotten are around also.

1) GAT is dead. If you play on east it has been replaced with op xbananax. Stop by and say hello sometime. there are less rules, no need to sign up.

2) The ladder was generally expected to reset in August, it is about 3 months late currently and the new general concenses for the ladder reset is January 19, 2023 - or when pigs fly, whichever comes sooner.

3) Hacks are out of control. If you play in public games you will get TPPK'ed. Nobody even play's in public games after Normal due to the fear. Blizzard banned some 30,000 people a few months ago for Maphack and other such programs but I am certian that by now everyone is using it again. Items are dirt cheap to trade for due to the duping,

4) Blue-moon doesn't seem to be very active anymore, but there are others that will PK you with every cheat, hack, and exploit they can get their hands on.

5) Blizzballer maybe? I really have no idea what you've played

Good luck!
    -hps

Edit:this thread is fairly recent and just about everyone has posted in it, at the end people I haven't seen for years start showing up.

3. Manago

Manago IncGamers Member

Just to add about BM, the original ''good PKers'' have mostly quit, now you'll see the occasional ''BMPK OWNS YOU'' spammed 50 times after an attempted TPPK (usually fails) but it's just somebody that's got their hands on one of their leaked programs. Maphack is still being used, either a new version or the same one and people just don't care, the TPPK hacks that glitch you out (auto-screen-flash black anyone?) seems to be gone, auto-aim is pretty much in every TPPK program now.

4. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

GAT still has a smallholding left on Europe and the forum is still there - although mostly inhabited by about 8-10 Euros who play in WoW, D2 and GW ;) In that order!

Welcome back and have fun!

5. bigD72

bigD72 IncGamers Member

If you decide to make a stand on East Ladder please let me know.

*bigd72

6. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I'm here, barely, but I stopped playing battle.net a long time ago. Played temporarily on a private 1.09 PVP server, with a lot of modded rules to make pvp as easy as possible (chip+magical weapon=cruel weapon with 3 sockets).

7. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

i played that for a few weeks or so also, getting to 99 in 4 hours with nova sorc then getting to pick any 8 items = win, but boring :(
    dont remember if we ever talked there but i know sip knew you there and i saw you a lot as well

and it was any gem + wep = cruel with 3 soc
    and any gem + charm or jewel = rerolled

8. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Was it anything like this?

9. Samsung

Samsung Banned

After seeing that video, I am so playing D2 Relived.

10. Hp_Sauce

Yep, that video was pretty sick. It deffinetly made me wanna try it it. I wouldn't mind a 1-99 in 4 hours run either!

-hps

11. tomatoman

ah cool, they had shut down for a while i didnt know it was back up and running again, ill play if anybody else starts to again :p

i wonder if my characters are still active, and i wonder what my acc name was >.<

looks like they got rid of the HUGE underground cow level with 100000 cows with a seperated leeching pen, because i didnt see in video :D
    Edit: nevermind, it says they still have it in the next post -.-, i guess the video was before that was added.

IF you guys do start to play, the fastest thing ever to level --> make a nova sorc, get free mfsetup and level UNPARTIEd in the cow games, you get exp sooo fast, then when you get 8 tokens for getting 99, cube 8 lightskill/45 lifers and delete/ remake your sorc until you have enough tokens to get whatever pvp gear you want :)

12. Wordplay

Wordplay IncGamers Member

3. Hardcore players no longer player on pubs. TPPK is that common and the hackers use auto-aim, map-hack, and bots quite freely (like Hp_Sauce said). Try joining KTA if you get the chance, since we might begin anew after some three weeks. Lots of casualties this time.

5. Try search on this board, but also check out GameFAQs.com. They have some good guides there.

13. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Lewl that 1.09 thing looks fun, is it still alive?

14. tomatoman

d2relived just started up again october 17th apparently, thats when post date is, so yeah its still alive, probably more people playing it too

15. Raistlin

Raistlin IncGamers Member

@ Hp_Sauce:
    Thanks for the tips and updates. Sounds like Battle.net is in worse chaos than ever. Thanks for the link to the other thread. A lot of old names there. Glad to see Dem is back and legit. I always thought it sucked that the author of the HC FAQ's couldn't post anymore. I completely understand why that was the case though.

Yeah, I recall that Khell got banned for uncontroled flaming, and getting into Zappa's face about it. Oh well.

As far as sorc's I've played Orb/Hydra, Orb/Firewall, Orb/Chain Lightning, Orb/Charged Bolt all on 1.09. My understanding is that Orb is still viable, and that Meteor and Hydras are also w/ maxed synergies. I assume Blizzballer is Blizzard/Fireball? Sounds interesting.

I'll stop by xbananax, but I have to admit that playing with people from an unmoderated chat channel doesn't seem much safer than public games. On the other hand GAT's rules could be circumvented, if someone really wanted to do it.

@ BigD72:
    Consider yourself notified. US East Ladder it is. I do keep some pretty strange hours though.

@ Carnage:
    I played IP/TCP 1.09 after quitting. I so hated that we did that trade of a Windforce and Grandfather for that Cruel Mythical Sword of Quickness, only to have 1.10 come out two days later.
    :mad:
    @ Wordplay:
    Thanks. What is KTA? I'll check out the GameFAQ site.

@ Wingblade:
    Was it you that was a friend if Pikininy? And if so does he still play?.

16. Hp_Sauce

There is a mod in the channel most of the time. There are people on its ban list. Someone does often check in to see whats going on and attempt to sway the odd conversation away from dupes, etc. It's just that there are no written rules, the channel is for fun, with common sence and courtesy coming in a close second I suppose?

There has been no need for lock downs or huge security. If someone stuff's up real bad they get banned. As for the lesser idiots that show up, well the xbananax croud has a really good "idiot" sence I suppose, they are quickly detected, mocked, ignored, and just generally treated poorly until they decided xbananax is a horrible place and leave.

-hps

17. Carnage-DVS

Yeah, I played D2Relived for a long time till I went on vacation to Pakistan, then the urge to play kinda died down. I might pick it up again, I don't know. All I knew is that I had a fully outfitted 99 Hardcore Barb dueler, and no one wanted to duel >_<

18. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Were there a lot of people on hc?

19. Carnage-DVS

Not back then, but they started coming as I was leaving.

20. tomatoman

Im playing on relived again, the server usually has about 50 people playing on it at any time, more during prime hours.
    theres not much hardcore activity, so until some people from here come on, im sticking to softcore, making an uber level 13 old school tiger strike sin to play around with :eek: