Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Returning to D2 - Lost LOD

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by pantherus, May 18, 2008.

1. pantherus

pantherus IncGamers Member

Returning to D2 - Lost LOD

Greetings all - I'm looking at returned to the wonderful world of Diablo 2 after about 4 years hiatus (before then I had been playing for years :azn:)

Unfortunately - I have managed to lose my copy of LOD somehow, and my spending budget doesn't really allow for getting another one yet (still around $30 here).

I was just wondering how playable the original D2 still is (fully patched of course) without LOD on top - what would you miss out on?

While my fav character is Assassin, I'm perfectly happy playing an Amazon for a while until I can convince my wife to let me buy another LOD copy again :flowers: - she's not exactly a gaming freak so that could take a while...

so yeah - anyone know what straight D2 would be like in the interim?

2. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Re: Returning to D2 - Lost LOD

I think that would still be an awesome game. Much better balanced than it is nowadays with impossible Runewords and the like. There's a seperate Classic Forum here where you can post your questions/suggestions. Try to appreciate the game you have now before you make the leap to LoD, then appreciate again and evaluate which you liked the most.

Good luck and welcome!

3. ExeterFun

ExeterFun IncGamers Member

Re: Returning to D2 - Lost LOD

Many people play Classic and still enjoy the game. However you will be missing out on some runewords and classes. Having said that i do not believe that is will detract from gameplay!