Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Returning bowzon seeks advice

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by blewstar, Nov 1, 2006.

1. blewstar

blewstar IncGamers Member

Returning bowzon seeks advice

For those of you that recall the soj duping, item duping, and race a level 1 to hell cow level for exp can relate the time frame of my departure.

As mentioned there was alot of item duping when I was playing and you could never know if you was getting a real or fake item. I put together a trade and finally received my windforce. It took about 2 weeks to discover it was duped and after losing that bow --- the game was no longer fun and I left.

Now, made a sorc on one computer and a amazon on another. I have set a course for my sorc, but now as I read some outdated guides and know there has been some changes I must ask for help.

Obviously my bowzon will have no gear. I see there are alot more runewords as well as mercs that are beefed up. So I am confused here. My style of play have enjoyed the multi shooting so will stick with that. Not interested in pvp so the build will be for pvm. Guided arrow was fun, but no idea if that has been nerfed.

One thing I do hate is wasting points or skills as the time I have want to have fun playing and advancing in the game with a course of action. Can you help me with your advice? Here's the list of questions I have.

1. What base of str would you shoot for? Will get to 500hps and see how I survive for vitality, energy at base, rest in dex once my hps are established.

2. Since I had a windforce with knockback and had cold -- mobs were not a concern to me as I could keep my distance. Also, had a barb from act 5 to tank in close quarters. What is now the advice for a merc? (what are the different auras)?

3. Reading up on the runes and still confused. What runeword (socketed item as well) is good for a particular merc?

4. Any suggestion or perhaps a recent guide that I could look at? My build will be from passive and bow tree. Think I did have 11 in multi and critical strike maxed. Been too long...

5. Any other tips?

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Blewstar

2. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

All bowzons need 2 mods: ias% & ed%. But unfortunately they often have to sacrifice one for another.
    Since wind4c has the highest weapon damage among all bows, ias% is what you may want to emphasize. And use 'Fortitude' runeword for ed%, Laying of Hands for massive ed% vs Demon.
    1. it depends on how much HP you want, and your gears. You have to do the math yourself.
    Ama has 15 str initially.
    Hydra Bow (wind4c) need 134 str. 134-15-(Str from gears)=the Str you must invest. (a simple trick: i.e. a helm need 100 str to equip which has a '+10 str' mod, you have 90 str, how to equip it? Put +str charms in inventory to reach 100 str, equip the helm, then remove +str charms.)
    I'd aim 1000+HP at Lv90.
    Ama has 50 hp initially, 2 hp per level, 3 hp per Vit.
    By levelup & quests you get 50+89*2+60=288 HP. So you need 1000-288=722 more HP from Vit or gear.
    (722 - HP from gears)/3 - Vit from gears=the Vit you mush invest.
    You get 89*5+15=460 stat points. 460-Str-Vit=Dex you can invest.
    Then you can calculate the damage output and adjust gears as needed.
    Anohter suggestion: you don't have to establish Vit before Dex, let them go up as needed.
    2. If you use 'Faith' (Lv12~15 Fanatism) on a act1 rogue, you can get decent attack speed and somewhat ed%. If you use act2 might merc, you can get decent ed% but low attack speed. (you can calculate the damage ouput over time to decide)
    3. 'Faith' Hydra Bow for act1 rogue; 'Pride' (or other) Greate Polearm/War Pike for act2 might. 'Delirium' headgear for safety (Confuse emenies). 'Dragon' body armor on act1 rogue for fun (Hydra everywhere).
    4. Check the sticky for guides.
    5. Never use Hellfire Torch on a PvM speedy Bowzon...

3. dagooz

dagooz IncGamers Member

why shouldnt you use hellfire torch?

4. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

Hellfire Torch (Large Charm) has a 25% chance to cast Lv10 Diablo Firestorm.
    A fast bowzon will have it triggered VERY frequently (i.e. one Strafe will initiate several Firestorms, not to mention Strafe-ing on and on), thus:
    1. the game lags seriously and frequently, and fps drops to an annoying point.
    2. the screen becomes very bright thus causes damage to your eyesight.