Returning after a long absence

HiTeknology

Diabloii.Net Member
Returning after a long absence

I haven't played Diablo in maybe three years, but I recently got the urge to pick it back up and see how it is.

I stopped playing just before the 1.10 patch came out. In the next few days I look forward to getting back on battle net. Basically, I am just checking in to possibly get an "update" on how battle net is at the moment.

Also, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get started quickly building my empire. I think I will probably use a Sorceress because she's not very dependant on equipment like other characters, and would be able to mf for me once I get her to a high enough level. Is this a good way to start?

How would I go about possibly getting a rush? Can I get that for free nowadays, or can you even rush any more? Its been so long, but I'm really excited to get my game back and get started again.

BlueOctoberFan

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back!

I think you'll find that things have changed quite a bit with 1.10 and 1.11. First off: synergies. Having points in skills can increase other skills effectiveness. Sorcs are good characters to start with, but I'd recommend taking some time to look over what the skill trees look like now. Some common builds are Blizzard sorcs, Orb/TK, and Meteorb. There should be guides for these in the sorc forum.

Another good starting character would be a Lightning Trapper assassin. They became very viable characters with synergies.

oOmpie

Diabloii.Net Member
In my experience (which is not very much, I must admit :)) a skellymancer is a great way to start out regarding MF.

I did just that when I started out, built a skellymancer which is really easy going through most of the game and when toting a couple PTopaz-es the drops are really nice...

Before I started reading here and learnt about MF-ing and trading in the first place I hardly ever found decent stuff and through the skellymancer I have been able to outfit my fun character (a pure sploder necro, only lvl 46 so far) with a Homunculus, a Magefist, a (for this character perfect) Maelstrom (+3 amp, +3 CE, hurray :D), a Blackhorn's Face and a Manald Heal. Insight on my merc and it is REALLY fun to play now, even though I'm still pretty low-levelish.

Not that it's perfect gear or anything yet, but I have never had gear that was actually decent and really complemented my char's skills on my previous characters :)

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
oOmpie said:
In my experience (which is not very much, I must admit :)) a skellymancer is a great way to start out regarding MF.
Agreed. Summon necros can play through the game wearing trashy gear. Other chars that can do pretty much the same include Meteorbs, hammerdins, trappers, etc.