Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

return of the enchantress: advice?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Korrupted, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Korrupted

Korrupted IncGamers Member

return of the enchantress: advice?

I'm currently rebuilding my enchantress after a long holiday in pursuit of the necromantic arts.

Proposed Equipment:
    Andy Visage
    29 mara
    Kingslayer cryptic sword
    Duress dusk shroud
    Stormshield with UM
    Draculs grasp
    2x bul kathos
    that +1 skill belt
    Gore riders

Proposed Skills
    max warmth, enchant
    1 static field, teleport
    1-x shiver armor
    1-x mana shield
    rest spread over elemental masteries

from my quick calculations the damage should be around 5-6k or even more with +skills. is this enough? how many points should i invest in shiver armor and mana shield (if any as i don't think i'll have enough mana to make it work)? thank you for any advice.

2. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

First I would make sure you master fire mastery due to the double damage glitch where fire mastery is applied twice. Also I would get shiver armor, but only a few points with plus skills it should be fine. Then if you want to choose a second mastery to add points to go with lightning due to the fact that it is made for the 1-xxxx spells meaning it has a higher damage output than what cold would be, at least I think it would.

3. Day

Day IncGamers Member

Assume this is for pvm - if its pvp ignore as i don't play pvp.

I'd second the Shiver Armour - at a point even if you have a Holy freeze merc. More if you have spare points and a defiance merc.

Really not sure about mana shield without putting a lot of points in TK (even then I don't know). I find it a pain and only useful under limited cicumstances as elemental attacks eat your mana and you can't static or teleport.

4. Rookeeya

Rookeeya IncGamers Member

:lol:

Well, I like some of it. I have a level 90 melee enchantress. Are you making a melee enchantress or a ranged enchantress? What do you plan to use to pre-buff her?

I use:

Shaele'd 70% Kira's
    Highlords
    CoH
    9% Carrion
    Raven
    Drac's
    Um'ed SS
    Shael'd Azurewrath-- sometimes Passion, sometimes Kingslayer. Or a 5 shael/1 eth phase blade when/if she is in bear form
    (She is viable without doing this, but it is fun to see her slapping away madly
    at things and have players ask "Druid, what is your weapon?" Then I tell them I'm not a druid)
    Nos coil
    Gores

For her pre-buff:
    Delerium
    3 + to fire skills ammy
    same armor
    4+ Ondals
    Magefist
    2 SOJ's
    Arach

I enchant her and the merc whiles in pre-buff gear. I also bring up her
    energy shiled in pre-buff. Then I change to her battle clothes.

She has"
    maxed warmth
    maxed enchant
    maxed fire mastery
    maxed shiver armor
    1 point in ES (with her pre-buff? It's all she has ever needed)
    I alternate adding to cold and light mastery as she levels. Her attack is physical and elemental. She is non-ladder. She does 10K damage with a lvl 37
    enchant.

She has been the most challenging and fun sorceress to buuild. And gets the most attention when she enters a game and they see what she does. I have
    used her in PVP with friends. She has killed a Barb. (Static him down, make sure not to let him WW you, then whack him with that shiny sord. *LOL*)
    She killed a trapper once I got her to come out and play and stop hiding in her traps or using them right outside of town. And she killed a pally..but I don't remember the type. I think he was a smiter..It was close.

Enough strength for equip. Enough dex to max block. Vita gets the rest. No need to add any to energy. She destroys everything until Hell. That is when it get's challenging. Fire immunes were tough, but? Open wounds and crushing blow help her dish it to them.

5. Korrupted

Korrupted IncGamers Member

I'd probably be using a Leaf staff as a prebuff, and she'll be a melee using Kingslayer exclusivley