Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

return damage stacking

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by kaervek, Oct 6, 2006.

1. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

return damage stacking

If i make a IG out of bramble armor does he benefit from his own thorns aura and the one from the armor?

Also how does this add up with life tap as a curse? I know amp would be better for overall damage, but if i wanted to save that precious runeword/IG :)

Also if i make an IG out of an Edge weapon (reduce vendor cost 15%) and then equip an edge weapon and maybe put one on an A1 merc, do they all stack?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew and feel free to raise some corpses.

No. Only his own.

He won't regain health from LT via the returned damage. They nerfed that in 1.10.

Nope.

3. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

Do IG's keep the auras from items they are made from, like might, fanatism, conviction etc?

And if so, do they apply just to the IG or work like a normal aura for the whole party.

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Yes, they do. Those auras work just like a normal aura.

5. rickcarson

rickcarson IncGamers Member

... that would be a neat trick since Edge is a Bow/XBow runeword, and I don't think you can make Iron Golems out of bows...

According to the conventional wisdom (I haven't tried this myself):

Edge + Bramble on you or an Act 1 merc stacks.

Edge on the Act 1 merc and Bramble on you does not stack.

-----

What I have tried is using an Iron Golem and an Act 1 Merc with Edge, and the Iron Golem loses his innate aura.

I don't know why (probably the higher level Thorns over rides (and over writes?) his built in one). I can't think of any situation where it is actually useful. (It didn't really bother me, since the Edge thorns is so much better than the Iron Golem's thorns).

So if you made a Beast Iron Golem and then equipped Faith and ran around for a bit and then swapped out the Faith for something else, it is possible that the Iron Golem would not activate its own Fanaticism aura.