• No, just extremely ironic.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • *scratches head*

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Valar-Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
Retirement plans?

Let's say you play this game. Let's also say you are quitting. Let's also say you built yourself an uber character that was one of your favorites and still had her/him. If you were quitting, would you keep all the uber sweet gear on said character and let them fade away with all your hard earned gear and let them retire 'the right way', or would you give it to a friend that was pretty poor/new and needed the gear/wealth?

Vote 'wrong' and I will flame you.:p I'm in a similar situation.

ReTrAc

Diabloii.Net Member
I would give most of my crap away but I would keep one MF char just incase I got those D2 urges.

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
would let them fade away

i dont think anyone in my f l deserves my gear (either they mh, chicken, dont mf, always ask for freebies, etc etc and the list goes on and on)

btw, did this 2x now (109-110 and when i left for a few months in ladder1)

Valar-Wrath

Diabloii.Net Member
xeyloderixed said:
i dont think anyone in my f l deserves my gear (either they mh, chicken, dont mf, always ask for freebies, etc etc and the list goes on and on)
Add me Xey! I don't mh or chicken, I mf often, and don't ask for freebies. I usually ask if you'd trade it to me instead. :)

I messaged you a couple days ago but you kinda ignored me. I got the impression that you hated me. :(

xeyloderixed

Diabloii.Net Member
yes i hate u

j/k

actually i was afk a lot during that time, hence the "ignoring". you can usually tell when im on: when i answer within 1 minute of your message.

ill fit u in my "always at 25" list cuz u seem very sexy

Cleglaw_Himself

Diabloii.Net Member
I voted for fade away. Alternative is to duel to the death, or give them to someone else to duel to the death if you can't be bothered loading up the game...

Stimm

Diabloii.Net Member
I gave my 7 mule accounts away when I quit but kept my playing acct. I actually logged on a couple weeks ago to refresh them , they all had like 9 days left. For some reason Im attached to my chars and cant see giving them to someone else to play, even if I have no intention of playing them myself

Ankeli

Diabloii.Net Member
Stimm said:
I gave my 7 mule accounts away when I quit but kept my playing acct. I actually logged on a couple weeks ago to refresh them , they all had like 9 days left. For some reason Im attached to my chars and cant see giving them to someone else to play, even if I have no intention of playing them myself
Well, thats like forcing someone to give their car away. A car that they have tuned and worked on for several (hundreds) of hours :)

Mystik

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh... my friends were lucky when I quit back in 1.09. I gave away my full Tal's set, shako, grandfather... etc away. My chars don't need them when they fade away :)

Tai.

Diabloii.Net Member
It depends how close you are with your friends, I put as much if not more of myself into my chars, in fact i used to name them after my loved ones and play them with playstyles similar to their personailities.

none of my loved ones would want to fade away, theyd want to go down swinging, and i had good enough friends (jason, josh, kevin, cj) who i knew would play them seriously and with the same demeanor and respect that i would have.

thus it was always an easy choice for me

cheers
-tai

Matt

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Well, my vote would be duel to the death with everything... But, I actually did sort of retire... and I didnt do that.

I just stopped playing completly, not really because I decided to quit, but because I just never felt like playing. So if I were to decide to quit, I'd duel to the death, but as it was, I just let everything fade away. (I couldnt stop it if I wanted to, because my computer, in all its greatness, has decided to just not work, and not open a few programs, at all. Including D2. So, couldnt get on if I wanted to...)

-Matt

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
Everything can be handed out, but I keep some characters intact for being a sentimental (not so) old bastard.

HoshNasi

Diabloii.Net Member
Keep one or two of the outfitted chars. Give everything else away. Let all else fade. I just like the idea of being able to come back and having an old friend waiting.

LuckyDwarf

Diabloii.Net Member
I was going to vote for giving my stuff away, but then it occured to me that you do, infact, post way too much. The surgeon general says that more than 5 a day can be hazardous to your health. Also, posting while pregnant can cause unwanted pregnancy issues. (Issue #1 is SO rare! I pad $240 for mine..)

Lucky