Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Restart

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by JudgeDread, Feb 22, 2017.

1. JudgeDread

JudgeDread Diabloii.Net Member

Hey guys, so glad to see the place still exists!!!

The bug has bitten me hard again, after years of not playing and losing all my saves (enigma:()
    I wanna restart from scratch playing this game but maybe this time HC only or just sc... we'll see

How active is this community still and also do u guys still play together in groups? (i don't care much for trading(trust issues)), and still allot of pvping going on?

Also what would be the best char to restart with be?
    All suggestions will be appreciated

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    PhineasB, Grape, tomersss and 3 others like this.
  2. T72on1

T72on1 Diabloii.Net Member

Hi, and welcome back :).

How active? Still pretty active if you aske me, although I arrived here too late to know what it was like years ago. I don't think there are much MP games anymore though, although I could be wrong on that. PvP is being organised once in a while, yes.

Since you are starting all over again, I can't resist pointing you to the untwinked 99er thread. Come join us, it's loads of fun !!!

3. Darkthrone

Darkthrone Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back! I, too, have been bitten by the bug again recently.

If you're restarting from scratch I would recommend a sorceress since the implicit teleport is an invaluable asset for running different areas/bosses to gather items for other characters.

4. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

HC! Come to the dark side -.-

5. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

PvP - we lack host. There are very few pvp-ers left and no one can host game without others having like 200+ ping. Colony is a good host, but he vanished some time ago and no one knows when will he come back again.

SC because HC is just too limiting at what you can do with your character. IMO ofc.

Restarting char - blizzard sorc for fastest gear farming from zero.

6. JudgeDread

Ty for replies guys, went with a hc sorc. Playing p8, forgot how hard this game is actually when untwinked but also how much fun it is to care about items, using the low lvl runewords etc.

7. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

1.00 ;D¨

Welcome to the true dark side!

8. Lynchgrinch

Lynchgrinch Diabloii.Net Member

Welcome back!

Go with a blizzsorc for quick wealth. If you don't want single tree, meteorb or Blizzballers work pretty well, so does CL/FO. But yeah, deffo build a sorc!

Re Multiplayer, it doesn't look like it, no. I'd certainly be keen to get something going semi-regularly though.

9. JudgeDread

yeah Quick question, My blizz sorc is currently lvl 59 starting act 3 nm now.
    Just finished my spirit and it feels so good ( had to cube recipe 3 broad swords... )
    The thing is I still have not found a base for my insight ( i built my 1st one in a spear... rip, had go back to normal for a hour+ just to find a chip amethyst to up my amns for a new sol...ugh )

So my question is, is there a good place to go farm a insight base for nm?

10. T72on1

If any, it's probably nm cows or LK. But I'd suggest to just keep on progressing. That base should drop sooner rather than later :).

11. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

Every single time when I restart I go for pure Blizzard and every single time I'm kicking myself in the head for it. If it's SC it's fine, but for HC I would recommend a dual element until you finish Hell, then respec to pure Blizzard. Something like Blova/Meteorb/Blizzballer/Blizzwaller whatever.

12. JudgeDread

Sadness in my heart... ripped at lvl 84.
    I loved the sorc experience up until Hell mode, where u just basically skip everything and i had to switch down to p3 to do ancient tunnel runs where i did about 100 without any gear drops with about 190mf.. bleh i'm just salty now...
    Want to do something else for my second char, I like pit runs, what would be my best bet for a self found pit runner?
    Zon maybe? hammerdin?
    (i'll stay hc, i think it's the rush of losing everything that makes this game so much fun)

13. T72on1

Ah condolences on the loss.

Summoner Necro could be good for pits as well, and safe.

14. JudgeDread

Was thinking necro also but ended up with a blizz sorc again, just not hc this time...
    Can't deal with the pain of losing a loved one right now

15. Drystan

Drystan Diabloii.Net Member

RIP Sorcie. :( I too enjoy the 'risk' of actual loss. I have always felt it more exciting and personal to have one chance in D2, and not to simply reload or retry without penalty. (That said, my Baldur's Gate games are always "reload, reload, reload..." Baldur's Gate is a lot more punishing though and relies on a lot more indepth experience/knowledge of the mechanics, so there may be some bias.) In D2, if a character dies, I tend to stop playing, and having played Median a bit in SC, I lose interest in a character that died once to an insta-kill, and then died 5 more times trying to get the body back.

Personally, if I were to restart, I'd probably go SC though, and have a character for trying to MP only. There may be someone out there who is interested in a MP quest game.
    I've always enjoyed the typical cookie cutters - Frostzealots, any Necro with Dim Vision, Trapsins, Wolf Druid and any sorc. None really good for Pit runs, as my main MF target was Pindle.

Welcome back!

16. T72on1

You'll love SC Blizz Sorc. None better for getting up and running fast. And getting rich while doing so.

17. JudgeDread

Yeah the item hunt is fun, found a HOZ on my 3rd mephisto run... and also found a 40% gheeds and a occy in my 1st 100 runs...
    I rly need that shaco tho, i'm doing like a lower kurast/mephisto run incase i get lucky with some nice runes, mal and lem has been the highest tho, doing these runs on p3 with 200+ mf.

Random question, if it is like my lil' self mini quest to try and collect all the items in the game, how is the best way to track that?

18. T72on1

Use GoMule as a muling program. It has a built-in Flavie report, which keeps track of all your finds. Very addicting.

19. JudgeDread

How hard would it be to transfer my stashes from atma to gomule?

Also Found a ist in that chest behind meph^^

20. T72on1

Not hard at all, as GoMule uses the same format for stashes as Atma. At least I remember reading that. I never really used Atma.

JudgeDread likes this.