Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

restart

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by TheDarkSide, May 17, 2005.

1. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

restart

Iv'e played this game since the first week it was on the shelf . Iv'e quit for months at a time and came back . Im curently back playing it again and debating a few things . All my characters are now from the 1st ladder season and I really am trying to decide if I want to start over on the ladder 2 . Am I missing much besides a few rune words that I'll never make and the ability to up items ? Anyone know how much longer this ladder is going to last ? Im reluctant to start over untwinked cause I did that on the first ladder . What would you do ?

2. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

At this point, don't bother starting over. The ladder is stagnated to the point 1.09 was at, so starting from scratch would be just the same as starting from scratch during any pre-1.10 time which isn't really the fun of starting fresh as it is the frustration of being poor. Or at least that's what it's like from my perspective, you might think differently.

Also note that the player pool on HCNL is quite small, so if that bothers you you don't have much of a choice but to start from scratch on ladder.

As to the question about season 3 the answer is I'm not even sure the folks at Blizzard know when they plan on resetting. If I was them I would have reset right at GW time just to spite AN, the most logical guesses are either near the start of July (1 year of season 2) or about 2 months ago (about the same length as season 1). Oh, and "never" is a fairly logical guess too...if they really wanted to reset at some point they should have done it 2 or 3 times by now if not more ><

3. Nexexplo

Nexexplo IncGamers Member

I would start over untwinked. It’s a refreshing feeling and you'll be happy every time something yellow, green or gold drops.

But it all depends on what drives you to play this game. Is it for endless mf runs to get the good stuff, to lvl as high you can on the ladder or to just hang out with friends and quest thru the game twinked or untwinked. I think that’s the question you got to ask you’re self.

As for the ladder reset there is rumors’ going around that the end is near.... (Yeah right...)

Cheers,
    Nex

4. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

Ive heard about 10 separate dates regarding resets, all came and went. My advice go buy GuildWars youll forget D2 fast enough. Ive totally forgotten about it , I just like this community so much I cant stop posting here

5. TheDarkSide

Yes I think I'll just wait to restart all over on the ladder . Its almost pointless for me to start over now . I stil gotta remake my assassin that died last night .. :lol:

6. TheDarkSide

So on the new ladder what a Nats Set going for anyways ? Im getting tempted to start over on the ladder but only if I can trade for some items ..

7. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

all of them pgems >< the claw probably is like pul-um, so like 40 pgems

8. Rekoc

Rekoc IncGamers Member

What realm are you starting on

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

The ladder will reset "soon"

by "soon" i mean blizzard's definition of soon, ie. we will likely be all dead by the time it occurs

10. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Not just us. Our children and our children's children.

11. TheDarkSide

Hehehe - well screw it then , I'll just wait for forever to start over ..

= )