Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rest In Peace Question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by avm, Oct 24, 2006.

1. avm

avm IncGamers Member

Rest In Peace Question

Exactly what ways of killing a monster will render their corpse unusable w/ the "Slain Monsters Rest In Peace" effect?

For example, I know that killing a monster with spells will not work.

What about:

Assassin kicks?
    Dragon Tail's splash fire damage?
    Bow attacks?

Does it matter if the rest in peace comes from a weapon (Lawbringer) or another slot (say, Nature's Peace ring). I'm thinking specifically, if I was using Lawbringer, would my assassin's kicks trigger it?

Thanks in advance, appreciate any info.

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Just a rumor.

RIP works with pretty much any attack, spell, or effect that comes directly from your character. The three attacks you mentioned should also work. What I'm not sure about are Traps and Hydras since they're considered minions. I'm guessing that RIP doesn't work with Traps and Hydras, but I haven't tried it out.

RIP mod on your character will not work when your Merc gets the kill.

When dual-wielding, RIP on one weapon will not work when the other weapon is used for the killing blow. RIP will work, however, if you use a spell to kill rather than an attack.

EDIT: Kicks, I'd assume, would only take into account your primary weapon when dual-wielding.

3. avm

avm IncGamers Member

Hmmm, thanks for the info, thought for sure spells didn't work. From what you're saying about dual wield and it only affecting the weapon it's on, sounds like it's a possibility that RIP may not work on kicks, as well? Then again, CB on a weapon afaik transfers to kicks.

I'm actually hoping RIP from Lawbringer wouldn't transfer to kicks. That way I could get decrep and some nice Death Sentry explosions...

Anyone know a definite answer?

Edit: spelling ftw...

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Like I said in the edit, I'd expect (but don't know for sure) that RIP on your primary weapon would work with kicks but RIP on your off-hand weapon wouldn't (which is exactly how CB works with kicks: only primary weapon CB works). Since Assasins can't dual-wield anything but claws, and you can't make 'Lawbringer' in a claw, the RIP mod on whatever 'Lawbringer' you use should work with kicks.

I'd say if you don't get a more definitive answer here the Assasin Forum should be able to help.