Respeccing Sorc - need advice

dkn

Diabloii.Net Member
Hello everyone!

My FO/FB sorc is now level 89. I'm thinking about respeccing because I primarily only use FB/Static anyways and because of FO/CM my fireball isn't that strong. I feel like I MF slow and can't level very fast

Here's what I currently do with her (she's my only MF char):
P1-P3 Cows for bases - slow but easy enough. I do use a little FO here
P3 Andy/Meph - Merc usually dies on Andy, lives 50% of the time on meph. I do two FB's, one FO, repeat on meph. FB on Andy
P1 CS - I can only do P1 and it's slow and danger
LK
P3-8 AT this is my fav spot but over P3 slows down

Gear:
Full Tal's with ptopaz in helm/armor, ist in weapon
35% spirit
2x nagel
Magefist
War travis
1 cold skiller
1 fire skiller

Merc:
Insight
Andy's visage
Treachery

My goal is to eventually make infinity and get to 95+ and swap gear to MF when not leveling. For MF I'm open to a single target if it means more consistent sweet loot!

I've never had a light sorc (and want one) but every one I see is accompanied by infinity. Open to all ideas!

Thanks!!

Edit * I also have the following items if a gear switch for leveling is needed:
Hoto
CtA (on switch)
Mara 's
Trangs gloves
Near perfect Magi

Last edited:

Pijus

Diabloii.Net Member
It's hard for other people to tell you what you would enjoy.

A sorc build I wanted to try, but never got around to, is Blizzard/Nova. Nova has no synergies, so getting it and Lightning Mastery only takes around 40 points. That leaves you with around 50 points for Blizzard and synergies. 20 Blizzard 20 Synergy 10 Mastery should get you pretty decent damage, I think.

Reactions: dkn

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
P1-P3 Cows for bases - slow but easy enough. I do use a little FO here
I think it's a waste of time to go anywhere just for base items, even your MF characters will find enough of them, but you will probably be through with it at some point, as your sorc will probably kill the king sooner or later :)
P3 Andy/Meph - Merc usually dies on Andy, lives 50% of the time on meph. I do two FB's, one FO, repeat on meph. FB on Andy
You are doing it the wrong way. Apply the moat trick on Meph (lure him to the moat, teleport back across, cast spells from afar... use meteor for that, not fireball) and simply kill Andy by shooting a dozen fireballs from afar. Get the merc killed when doing that, he's stirring up monsters that could be avoided and he will spoil the moat trick. As you have noticed yourself, he's going to die versus Andy all the time anyway.
P1 CS - I can only do P1 and it's slow and danger
I think it has a bad time effectiveness, but it's a good diversion. If you have a problem with killing D: Shoot FOs at him, preferably in a way that they burst on him, while running around him in circles. Avoid lining up with the merc, else the lightning hose or firestorm will hit the merc as well if aimed at your sorc. You merc will probably die a lot anyway, however.
Should be easy. Ignore the monsters respectively let the merc distract them while you are opening chests. Interfere only if absolutely necessary. Apart from the chests, there's not much else to gain here.
P3-8 AT this is my fav spot but over P3 slows down
Do it at P1. You might not get as much exp per kill, but exp per hour isn't that much less while you will find much more loot per hour because bosses don't drop more on higher P settings. Also switch to a different act at the end, else you have to run through all of Lut Gholein in order to reach the waypoint in the next game. I suggest act 5 because you can finish the game with a Pindle run.

Gear: (...)
I think it's all fine here, it looks pretty much like what I'm using on fireball/meteor/FO sorcs, except for having a rare jewel in the weapon. Regarding skillers, I think your sorc will benefit more from fire than cold skillers, so concentrate on these if you have to choose between the two.

My goal is to eventually make infinity and get to 95+ and swap gear to MF when not leveling.
That's already a dual element sorc's MF gear! Full ptopazed Tal's + 2x Nagelring + WT offers enough MF.

For MF I'm open to a single target if it means more consistent sweet loot!
I would do nothing but P1 AT+Pindle+Shenk (with merc) and P3 Meph+Andy (without merc) with that character. CS can be fun as well. If P3 CS is too tedious to your taste, do the pre-Diablo monsters at P1 and change to P3 just before summoning D.

I've never had a light sorc (and want one) but every one I see is accompanied by infinity. Open to all ideas!
When comparing single element sorcs wth respect to MF, I don't think lightning sorcs are as good as blizzard sorcs who can kill everything not cold immune while wearing items that offer nothing but MF or even with no gear at all.

Edit * I also have the following items if a gear switch for leveling is needed:
Hoto
CtA (on switch)
Mara 's
Trangs gloves
Near perfect Magi
That's not needed, except you are on HC. In that case, CtA would be a good idea. You could have maximized resists with charms and perhaps a poison res jewel in Tal's weapon. However, maxed resists aren't needed. I suggest Ali Baba+Rhyme in the weapon switch, for the killing blow on Meph and Andy. You could probably use that in AT all the time as well.

Last edited:

dkn

Diabloii.Net Member
Great responses everyone, thank you.

I think I will respec to full blizzard and run Meph/AT/Pindle and implore the moat trick when doing Meph. I should be able to do higher players on AT for experience, so I get best of both worlds this way.