Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Respec Respect

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by EpicToke, Nov 3, 2010.

1. EpicToke

EpicToke Diabloii.Net Member

Respec Respect

I just had to jump in this conversation. ive been obsessively following diablo three since i heard about it in 07. this recent deluge of info is awesome *flux* blizzcon 2010 "jay wilsons my hero!" im going to try and stay on track but who knows

The topic of my first thread is the respec/rune combo. this is incredibly interesting for me. with the ability to respec once per difficulty this opens so many doors. and from what i heard in jay wilsons game-play interview, i assumed we could respec for a "high cost" he did not mention what it was but with the new gold system (its now actually worth picking up) they could charge an obnoxious rate and leech SO much gold out of the economy it would keep its value up and really keep inflation down. (no more "soj" craze) now what i wanted to get into. supposedly the mystic is involved in runes. if runes have tiers, there is a way to upgrade them, has to be. so like the d2 gem system there will most likely be a way to combine into higher runes.

as we move through the game we can actually use low level skills, maybe even max one for good dps then throw in a decent rune, this makes low level gameplay fun. unlike Any other game ive played. plus, it gives you chances to try so many different builds as you progress. instead of sitting online researching how youre going to tweak your next lvl 90 smiter that hasn't spent any points and its sitting at lvl 65...

also i don't have to start a new character every time i think about a new build .

and rushing?? why? id rather play act 2 normal..... than never happened in d2...

the devs keep saying they want to make this fun, they are doing a great job so far. and those who want them to "release it already"...... guys, take ur sweet time. ive waited this long, ill wait longer. plus, id rather graduate college before this game comes out.

2. EpicToke

Re: Respec Respect

sorry guys, didnt mean to post twice, dont know why it did...

3. shootermcgavin

shootermcgavin Diabloii.Net Member

i just can't forgive you.

4. shootermcgavin

shootermcgavin Diabloii.Net Member

btw blizzard will surely adress the rushing by doing less repetive/long quests for the whole act. Act2 was just a pain in the *** without maphack and they'll surely take care to not let us wandering hours arround before finding that damn maggot lairs. And i hope doing the whole quests during the acts will be enought to have the right lvl at the specific time ( ex: no trist running nor tombs and then cows, same goes with baal runs). So if we go at a normal pace we should be close to their lvl 30 at the end of normal.

5. Apocalypse

Apocalypse Diabloii.Net Member

i thought act 2 was hands down the best act even if the quest itself made no sense to me. act 3 was the quest that seemed to bother most people and i believe that has a lot to do with the mobs that populated it. if mobs are fun to kill people will gladly kill them.

6. Flux

Flux Administrator

Mobs were fun to kill in D2, but eventually people want higher reward for their effort. I often enjoyed making a new char in D2, just to have them level up and get stronger. I usually wanted to start rushing once I got to like, act 3 or Act 4, since I knew Act 5 was easier and also much more rewarding.

That just became more imperative when you got into NM and especially Hell, since the potential item quality really scaled up then.

They've said about the end game that they want to have many more things for us to do, at the highest level of reward. One benefit of the Max lvl 60 is that by the time you get through Hell once, you're not going to be playing for exp. So they don't have to worry about balancing the exp, and they can just make all the final areas roughly equivalent in item potential, which is all that will matter at that point.

There were parts of act 1, 2, 3, and 4 (differed depending on the char) that I really enjoyed playing on Hell. But I seldom did since they weren't as rewarding for exp/items. If they had been, then D2's end game would have been so repetitious and boring.

7. EpicToke

question flux. did u mean d2s end game wounld(nt) have been so boring?
    and on the end game topic. they havent mentioned it much. in speculation, do you think it will be like d2, where the endgame is essentially replaying the high drop areas, or do you think it will be new content post hell baal,diablo, whoevers last..? im hoping i dont have to do hell meph/pindl runs till my eyes bleed

8. Vallen Chaos Valiant

Vallen Chaos Valiant Diabloii.Net Member

As I mentioned earlier, the existence of randomised super-chests can easily make the end game more enjoyable.

Let's say every time you start playing, the world map is rerolled. You know for certain, that there are a few chests out there that guarantee you finalboss-level drop chance of a good item. But you don't know where of the 30+ possible spawning areas the chests would be. And there will be random events, mobs, and super uniques sharing these 30+ spawn points with the uber chests.

This would give an incentive to explore the whole map all over in order to find all the good chests, while killing super uniques along the way. And it would be different each time you do this, unlike a boss-run.

9. DMG

DMG Diabloii.Net Member

This idea is really good. It would make "boss runs" way more enjoyable

10. Vallen Chaos Valiant

Vallen Chaos Valiant Diabloii.Net Member

I just want to mention that this isn't my idea but what was actually described to us at Blizzcon.

The only thing we are not told is how good the super-chests are. We know there are three varieties, normal, good, and very good. But they probably haven't decided how good the best chests would be.

Personally I prefer it if all the super-chests in the final act have the same drop chance as a boss kill. But of course, restrict it to one item per chest so it isn't overpowered.

11. EpicToke

so what ur saying is the 30+ high drop random events will drop at a higher rate than the final quest bosses? therefore removing incentive to play bosses and making the search for those chests the main focus in endgame? because we know where the bosses are.. we dont know where the chests are. if the drop rate isnt proportionally higher than the bosses it wouldnt seem nearly as time effective... unless they make the bosses so hard that u are happy to have survived... forget the drop... lol and all this endgame talk is again making me salivate for respecs... if i get bored with my build during my chest hunts i can re-rune my skills upgrade my runes for cooler skills and respec if needed to really make the gameplay more exciting... even have a straight pve endgame build...... vs the pvp endgame build.. its official my first char... 2 of everything? lol