Resolution in d2

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
Resolution in d2

I know everyone here dreamd of higher resolution in d2.

I played this game 21% of my life 4 years actualy, and never thought of a possibility to somehow alter game resolution.Imagine that you could see whole haroogaht only by standing in one spot.(1024x768 full sreen)

So my big Q is, is there any way to improve resolution, and by ANY i mean even moding????(i could try to do somting like that if i knew it is possible)...

No flame, please thi is not haxxor thread ;)
 
This would be quite useful, 800x600 is a bit basic considering most games go up to 1900xSome other high number now.
The problem is that ranged attackers would be seriosuly boosted, like how bowazons were much more popular when LoD came out because of the higher screen res, whcih meant shooting from further away. So it would still have to be classed as a mod and declared in MP/trade, even though it would be purely a graphical change.
 

gravitysrainbow

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for changin threads Doomas, i appreciate! :clap:

Anyway, I would LOVE an increased res setting though i have no idea how to do that or of any mod that achieves such a thing.

Do you?
 

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
On a slightly related note, my monitor failed last night. I was thinking of replacing it with a LCD screen. One person I mentioned this to said games played at anything other than optimal resolution would look terrible. Another one said it would make no difference. Can anyone playing/attempted to play D2 on a LCD screen confirm either way?
 
The better resolution, the better the appearence. It doesnt look stretched or anything, unless your playign mario on the N64 using a cinema screen, then it might be a bit pixelated.
 

Glenugie

Diabloii.Net Member
Atil said:
On a slightly related note, my monitor failed last night. I was thinking of replacing it with a LCD screen. One person I mentioned this to said games played at anything other than optimal resolution would look terrible. Another one said it would make no difference. Can anyone playing/attempted to play D2 on a LCD screen confirm either way?
I have a 17" TFT @ 1280x1024 resolution and D2 plays fine in a window and looks great. Make sure the response time for the monitor is low (Below 16ms).
 

Atil

Diabloii.Net Member
Glenugie said:
I have a 17" TFT @ 1280x1024 resolution and D2 plays fine in a window and looks great. Make sure the response time for the monitor is low (Below 16ms).
Thanks guys. The one I'm after is a a Viewsonic VP171S-2 17" LCD Monitor with 8 ms response time. I'm off to order it now. One more night without D2 and I'll have to start talking to my wife.
 

XDoomasX

Diabloii.Net Member
with -w command line you can play with better visual quality(in window) so i think it has to be the way to "scroll" while in window mode using some kind of mod.We all heard about sroll hack wich gave assas big advantage and so that they could kill other chars from big distance, if such hack was made i think it must be possible to make that window(-w) biger :) at the same time increasing "view distance".
It's just thoughts i have no idea how to do something like that ;)
 

FodderCannoned

Diabloii.Net Member
Atil said:
Thanks guys. The one I'm after is a a Viewsonic VP171S-2 17" LCD Monitor with 8 ms response time. I'm off to order it now. One more night without D2 and I'll have to start talking to my wife.
I have viewsonic VX900 19inch lcd and i hate it for video games, I want to go back to CRT just so you know
 

slappy sam

Diabloii.Net Member
I have a Dell Ultrasharp LCD and I <3 it for video games. Runs games like Call of Duty fine-better than CRT imo.
 

Asmodeous

Diabloii.Net Member
CRT. cathode ray tube.

I much prefer my crt monitor as I do editing of hig res digital photographs from my canon digital slr camera and lcd screens do not reproduce colours faithfully to be useful for any editing where you are relying on the colours being true to print out put.

16ms refresh rate is fine for games such as diablo 2, but if your into fast action games such as shooter, you really need a refresh time less than 10ms.
 

AlterEgo

Diabloii.Net Member
Interested in creating a game mod? Go to the Phrozen Keep. That's what that forum is for.

We have no problem with folks discussing existing mods, but we will not become a forum for mod design and testing.

Thread closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top