Resistances

DjSlayer

Diabloii.Net Member
Light and cold (reason: there is a bug/feature that alows cold damage travel with the lightning bolt and do massive damage)
Fire
Poison

But as a rule I try to get all res to the maximum in hell.

- D.J.

Dredd

D3 Off Topic Moderator
Lightning, cold, fire, poison.

In tight spots, I'll swap around equipment to prioritize certain resists for upcoming battles (Lit/Fire for Diablo, for example).

Like DJ, I almost always have my resists maxed before taking on Hell unless I'm playing a Fishymancer (who's usually loaded up on MF instead).

Psyrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Lightning, Cold, Fire, Poison IMO.

DjSlayer said:
Light and cold (reason: there is a bug/feature that allows cold damage travel with the lightning bolt and do massive damage)
Fire
Poison

- D.J.
I've always noticed the fire damage bug more than the cold damage bug.

With the FELE's, the fire damage from corpse explosion is carried on to the bolts when in point blank range with the monster, but I've never noticed the cold damage from frost nova being carried on the same way. Maybe the fact that frost nova is less powerful than corpse explosion.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
Light / Cold / Fire / Poison

Sorry to all you psn ppl out there but really, in 1.10 D2 psn is literally "poverty" in general compared to other resistances.

Lightning is important because the strongest elemental attacks in the game that's effective in PvP is dominated by Lightning.

Fire / Cold near same, but Cold sorcs do have CM and there's more Cold dam on melee Weps than Fire.

Again, psn is POVERTY unless you stack them with 40x 290s on a Rabies Druid or a WWSin with maxed Venom / P Bramble which then you will be OWNED even if you have 75% resi / -75% psn duration. :D

- Dennis

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Top Ten

1) Lightning
2) Lightning
3) Lightning
4) Lightning
5) Lightning
6) Cold
7) Cold
8) Fire
9) Fire
10) Poison

You absolutely need 70+ LR in Hell (with a little lightning absorb if possible). You need to have high cold and fire resistances in Hell (about 60% of each, though if you have a skill that boosts this like Resist Cold aura, Natural Resistance, Fade, or Salvation aura, this can be as low as 30%). Poison is annoying but unless you're facing a horde of poison wielding monsters, your health won't drop fast enough to make an impact on the battle.

Harleyquin

Diabloii.Net Member
1. Lightning
2. Fire
3. Cold
4. Poison

I'm using a poisonmancer though so my poison resists are maxed, it's a question of the theme:lol: . Seriously though the Act 5 gloam-class monsters are an absolutely nightmare even with 75 lightning resist, a pity wisp projectors are so rare on single player...

tinncann25

Diabloii.Net Member
DjSlayer said:
Light and cold (reason: there is a bug/feature that alows cold damage travel with the lightning bolt and do massive damage)
Fire
Poison

- D.J.
OT ur number of posts is 1337 lol

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
The difference between poison and light/fire/cold is that poison doesn't kill you --- if you get poisoned, you see your health go down (fast, possibly), but you can drink an antidote potion (if you are low on poison res you might want to consider reserving a belt column for these...) or just retreat and wait until it's over... or TP to town and get healed.

You don't get that liberty with the other damages, as they take off the full damage in one blow --- so you either survive or you die instantly.

That's why poison has to be the last in the list.