Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Resist Question From Zealer

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TwiztedLotus, Mar 24, 2005.

1. TwiztedLotus

TwiztedLotus IncGamers Member

Resist Question From Zealer

Hey All,

I just made a new paly to replace my old hammerdin (boring), and I have a small resist question. Anyway, I went with zealer and I'm about lvl 80. My main gear is botd, pheonix, and enigma. As of right now, I have max fan, zeal, and sacrifice.

Well, with my gear I have on, my resist, especially fire and lit,,, hehe are kind of low. Should I put some points into resist skill, seeing i have spare? If so, how many and how does it work exactly? Pretty much fire away about paly resist skills. :)

Mainly I'm pvm,and yes, I have holy shield with max block.. just one point... (but should i go higher?) hmmm

let me know zeal pros... thx

2. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Why enigma for a PvM Zealot ?

Kinda overkill imo. Grab a Duress or something that'll help with Res as well.

Res Skills don't give extra resistance unless you have them active. They -do- give extra maximum resistance, which to you would be worthless since you don't even reach the normal maximum.

3. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Since you have botd, phoenix and enigma why not try to get Chains of honor!
    Its packed with resist (+65% all res) and has some other usefull stuff for enigma! Another option is Fortitude! This armour can grant u resist (max 30% to all though) and massive 300% enhance damage! And in conjuction with phoenix...oh well you can imagine the damage output! But for pvm HoZ is always more than enough imo! The stats on the shield are just great!

As for helm CoA is very nice! 2 sockets, +1 skils, dr, res, fhr. Its just what you need! A cheap option is rockstopper! Give it a try!

You can always carry with you sc res charms as well to compnesate for your resists problems!

GL

/Dec

4. TwiztedLotus

TwiztedLotus IncGamers Member

instead of telling me what gear to choose... why not just answer the question? seems like the most simple questions either get a formula or a u did something wrong... i didn't ask for what equip i should use.. i asked about my skill points... my lighting is above normal in hell as is poison... fire and lit are -10 so wouldn't take much to put them over... :rant: ... im gonna stick with my setup.. thx

5. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

I'd sugget do NOT put points in resist skills...

Edit: and btw its called Zealot..

*priit

6. xxraiderxx

xxraiderxx IncGamers Member

I'm encountering the same resist problem with my newly-built zealot.. i guess i need to 'Um' my equipment somewhere lol.. Jk... Btw i put 1 pt into salvation and switch to that aura when im having resist probs... sure dmge goes down but at least it lets u survive longer! Maybe switching to HOZ might be a good idea too 4 resists ^^

7. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

You asked a question, you got an answer. Don't whine when it's not an answer you didn't want to hear.

8. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Max out holy sheild.

Also read up the zealot guilds here.

Also if you are having resist problems I fixed mine with the Disiples full set. I switch out rings for aboseb from time to time. Mine is on ladder and is purely p vs m.

I use

Hoz p diamond
    disiple
    oath eth crytic sword
    vamp gaze
    raven frost, dwarf star, or wisprojector
    carrion wind all most all the time.

You will not get the cool high damage with what you are having but I do get full resists.

9. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

Why not?

From what I've heard, few Zealots have really good resists in Hell, though I'm probably wrong on that. Mine has a Pdiamond'd HoZ, a perfect Mara's, all three Anya quests (that's 129 resists alone), and a backpack full of resist charms of various sizes and types. When wearing a GA he has 90/90/90/90 resists in Hell and can solo anywhere :clap:.

10. Dinkytoy

Dinkytoy IncGamers Member

paladin resist skills are auras, which means you have to lose your fanatacism to use them.

so in other words, you need to get resists from your equipment and charms.

11. euthaNasia

euthaNasia IncGamers Member

As long as your killing monsters, you're fine. My resist in Hell are pretty much all -30 except for poison, which is -50.

The BotD has enough leach on it to basically any damage that's given to you you easily fill your life. It's quite amusing seeing the bulb drop down below 100 only to fill up a second later. The only problems I had was IM, but what melee character doesn't?

And Maras on a Zealot? o_O;;

12. koeraokse

resist fire, lightning and cold give a passive resistance to max res, but for zealot just a waste of points, in my view...

*priit

13. Dinkytoy

Dinkytoy IncGamers Member

Increasing max resists doesn't actually give you any resistance at all so you still have to get it from equipment and charms.

14. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

What's wrong with that?

15. koeraokse

it's quite unusual on a zealot, better options arew highlords for Ds and IAS or Angelic combo for Ar boost...

*priit

16. MoonUnit

MoonUnit IncGamers Member

I have a lvl 93 pvm fanatic zealot with 70/75/85/75 res in hell, even without his 10 res anni. His gear is veil, duress, seraphs, pdiamond zak, schaffers, tgods, dracs, raven frost, nice duel leech rare and gores.

Also my lvl 85 frost zealot has 75/85/85/75.

Don't see how a zealot should have any negetive res but thats just my two cents.

17. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Why would you ? Not like you need the teleport. It doesn't really give anything else you couldn't get from another armour.

And I play hardcore - bad resists = big no no.

18. Cadet

Cadet IncGamers Member

^^ Skills, strength, minor damage reduction, and the fastest run/walk of any item all in one, plus the teleport. Sure, I almost never use the tele, but it's nice to have.

19. euthaNasia

euthaNasia IncGamers Member

Does the duel leach have res on it? And a Veil for a Zealot? o_O

Gear: 40/15 G-Face, 194% Eth Bane or 176% Eth Valor, Angelics Combo, Dracs, Verdungos, 215% Eth. Razor or 406% EbotdZ, 40/15 Stormshield, 200% Gore Riders. Switch is 199% Hoz/CTA for Holy Shield pre-buff.

No room for res. gear anywhere. =] To reach all positive res, I had to throw on a 42 res. all Exile, Wraith Brands (48-50res all except poison), and a CoA. CoA and Exile are sold, and Wraiths aren't worthy on a melee character.

20. Lets Go Caps

Lets Go Caps IncGamers Member

My zealot has maxed resists in hell. Coa with 2x ums and an umed hoz take care of a large amount of resistances. I also use Saracens chance, a very overlooked ammy IMO. +25 resists, +12 all statistics. The rest of my resists are covered with charms.