Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Resident Evil 4: Mercenaries.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TjejKast, Apr 19, 2008.

1. TjejKast

TjejKast Banned

Resident Evil 4: Mercenaries.

After playing through RE4 on all difficulties, I felt that I needed a new challenge. And thanks to Merceneries, this craving was fulfilled. I've been playing it a lot these last few weeks.

My current Highscore right now is 103630 on Level 2 with Wesker. Man I love him, he's ze awesome.

So if you've ever played RE4: Mercenaries, what's your highscore? I've been competing with Aman, but he can't get over 40k. Probably because he's a bad person. Boo you, Aman.

I play the GameCube version, if that makes any difference.

Who's your favorite character? Do you have a favorite level?
    Oh, and Leon sucks.

2. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Re: Resident Evil 4: Mercenaries.

I played:

Resisdent evil: 1,2,3,survivor and code Veronica. And after that I lost track of the series.

I just got more into PC games as I didnt want to have to get some 3-4 consoles just to keep up with the story. Although I really liked the story

I liked resident evil 3 alot. I played through the game 89 times in total on the hardest difficulty. I'm not sure what I liked about it so much but I apparantly did.

3. TjejKast

TjejKast Banned

RE4 is available on the PC too. You should give it a try.

4. Johnny

Johnny Banned

I'm scared I will have missed story elements. I'm thinking about buying all consoles that have resident evil games just to play through the series.

A good chnace to play up some Zelda games too.

Which reminds me I need to get a new swedish dreamcast just for one purose. So far I have broken 3 dreamcast consoles while trying to play through the Skies of Arcadia game but I am still no further than the asian themed area.

5. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

I love RE:4, I also play on gamecube, I haven't explored mercenaries that much, just enough to have played all maps (I think) and know that I'm pretty sucky at it.
    It was kinda a long time ago I played, but I liked the guy with the sniper, although I didn't find him very effective. The guy with the bow (this is embarrasing, he's a fricking boss in the real game, and I still can't remember his name) is also fun to play, but he has no real aoe.

I never played the last map much, those chainsaw masacre dudes are too dangerous :hide:

So, got any tips? :grin:

edit:
    @Johnny: All resident evil's aren't connected, are they? In that case I've missed alot after #2 :grin: All those survivor this, survivor that, extra code x version and shoot 'em ups etc :dizzy:

6. TjejKast

TjejKast Banned

You don't need a lot of precious story elements to like RE4. It's almost like a whole new game. Heck, you don't even fight Zombies in it.

7. TjejKast

TjejKast Banned

The guy with the sniper is Wesker. My absolute favorite. He's great, seeing as all his weapons are kickass. He got that powerful gun, and a sniper. He also has every single type of grenade there is. Only drawback with him is that he lack ammo at the start of each round. But thanks to his sniper being able to pierce a lot of Zealots, you'll gain a lot more ammo than what you spend.

And the boss character would be Krauser. He's a decent character. I really like his special "arm" attack. It'll bring down any foe in just one hit. And it's a crowd control skill as well, which makes it awesome.

My #1 tip would be to keep moving around the map. Try to collect all hour glasses you can find. Most people avoid them, seeing as you're more likely to get killed the longer you play. Though, as I see it, surviving doesn't mean a thing if you're not scoring high in the process. And be sure to kill each super enemy on the map. I believe they're all worth 10k each. And that chainsaw dood isn't too hard, 3-4 bullets and he's down for the count. You can also kill him with one hit of your knife, if you know how!

8. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

Oh, so the sniper-man has some potential it seems :grin:
    Btw, do you play all maps or do you play 1 and try to get awsome times?
    I always take all hour glasses, you need high highscore to get new chars/maps etc, and more time=more kills=more pts.
    What weapon takes the chainsawers down in 3 hits? I played mostly as leon, because of shotguns aoe, and I was actualyl a little scared of the chainsaw fuglies, they run to you with their saw swinging in teh air, if they get too close your dead.

Are there more than 1 super boss per map(well, the sisters on the farm are technically 2)? Is there alot of secret stuff on the maps that I might have missed?
    I also find the claw dudes on the castle to be a pita, and I have rarely played the cave map that looks kidna like a construction site.

Thanks for the tips :thumbsup:

Hmm, I wish I had my gamecube here, re 4 is one of the better games released at gc, imo. Might go and watch some vids on youtube just for funzies :wink:

(And how do you hax the beef with your knife?)

9. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Great game, if you're going to get a gamecube to play Resident Evil, you could try Skies or Arcadia: Legends for it too. It's the same game but with some more features or something.

10. TjejKast

TjejKast Banned

I play all maps, though the second level is my top favorite. Mostly because I feel so badass whenever I kill that blind dude. Shoot him once in the stomach and he'll turn around. Then one shot on his parasite with your Magnum and he's down. I sure do love Wesker! Oh, and it's the same gun that's capable of killing off the large chainsaw dude in a matter of seconds as well.

I don't really like the Shotgun, since you have to be close to the enemies for it to be effective. Meaning that you either have to wait for them to come to you, or you'll have to run towards them. Thus losing valuable time. If you're after AoE, Grenades and/or sniper is the way to go.

To kill that dood with one hit from your knife takes som practice. First you need to climb up a large platform. And since that guy can't climb, he'll have to jump to reach you. And while he's still in mid-air, slice him, make him fall back down again, and he won't trouble you any more.

And no, there's not more than one type of super enemies per map. And there's a lot more than two chainsaw dudettes on Map 1. Kill them off and continue playing for a while, and more of them will come. I hate it when you're fighting a whole bunch of them at the same time.

11. scarred_life

scarred_life IncGamers Member

All this talk of RE4, it's time to dig out my copy and put some more playtime into it. It's been a while, but once I get started I'll be back to post some scores. Now if I could only find my older RE games. For the record, I own the ps2 version of the game. I've been debating for a while to get a gamecube they do seem to be rather cheap to get ahold of.

12. synx

synx Diablo: IncGamers Member

RE4 on PC is great, although when I last played it, you had to use a hack to even get mouse support.

13. TjejKast

TjejKast Banned

I just beat my old Highscore. New one is 130k. Beat that, Aman!

Before the latest RE4 patch, the game looked terrible on the PC. Now it's the best looking version out there. I have yet to try the Wii version. I know it's a lot easier than the other ones. Cheaters!

14. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

All the characters in mercenary are good, with the exception of Leon, who sucks terribly.

Ada is marginal, but at least she's got the sniper rifle and the fan kick going for her.
    Hunk's Neck-Breaker is awesome, but he has a problem with bosses (except the Bella Sisters, since he can break their necks too).
    Krauser and his one-hit boss kill is always great.
    Wesker is just an all-around badass in every map, with a sniper rifle, a magnum, a 5x headshot handgun, and the Thrust Punch.

15. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Played RE1, 2 and the GC remake, all great games (oh, and Survivor 1 as well, don't bother is my advice). I have 3 and played it a little bit but got distracted with other games, will get back to it later. One thing that does annoy me though is that to see all the endings you have to play through the game like a million times, on ridiculous time and ammo limits, which I think takes a lot of the fun out of it. Speed running just feels mechanical.

16. synx

Thats what youtube is for :grin:

I didn't feel like playing through that crapfest of a story Bioshock had another time just to see the 10 second long evil ending.

*edit*

As for RE3, I found that to be my second favorite to play through multiple times... simply because of the "Super-Slow-Mo-Nemesis-Gonna-Get-Ya-Menu(©)" that allowed you to change things up, and feel like you're playing a different game.

17. Johnny

Johnny Banned

I'm surprised you did the game with a good ending first.

18. synx

I always play through to the "good" ending of games first, since the majority of them punish you for being evil.. even though they're touted as open-ended. (Fallout/2 are the only games I can think of where you benefited from being good as well as evil.. perhaps Fable as well).