Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Resetting of the Ladder

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by KingJesterEOE, Feb 25, 2004.

1. KingJesterEOE

KingJesterEOE IncGamers Member

Resetting of the Ladder

What happens to my lvl 82 sorc when it resets.Will she be forced to play off ladder,or will she still be on ladder just not getting stats for the new one?

Im asking cause I just started a p/b necro on ladder and if it resets soon and all my ladder characters are forced to play in non-ladder I may wait till after the re-set.Anybody know when it is going to be reset.I heard a rumor that it will reset in march.

Thx to any reply.

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

10th time. it will go to offladder. your items will go to offladder. ladder will then have no characters. zip zero. everyone restarts on ladder.

3. KingJesterEOE

KingJesterEOE IncGamers Member

well that sucks. :rant:

4. ericbres

ericbres IncGamers Member

Isn't that the POINT of the ladder?
    To start fresh ...

How can that suck? :scratch:

5. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Yes...but now looking back, it really defeats the purpose of it to be thrown back into the normal non-ladder...what the heck was the troubles worth other than finding ladder items.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

THe main point of ladder really was......the clean economy.

7. Lord Chaos

Which is rather defeated if the ladder gets thrown into the "dirty" economy.

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Which I think is when Blizzard will reset the aldder, when the economy gets overrun by hacked items.

9. Lord Chaos

Propably, which will just benefit the dupers even more...because then a new ladder will start and their dupes will have even higher value again.

10. th5418

th5418 Banned

Well its not like dupes come magically from nowhere. They would need top find the item first. and by the time they find an item they want to dupe, they would dupe it, but most likely a lot of people already found it. better the economy be massed by dupes than hacked items.

11. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

The whole point of ladder yes is it's an easy way to upkeep a clean economy, and just throw it back into the dirty economy and start over when it gets dirty.

12. Lord Chaos

Those who dupe propably spend alot of time (perhaps groups at internet cafees) using various best techniques to level up as fast as possible and magic find/hellforge run as fast as possible...it is possible to get all runes and most good items very quickly...once they had a few GULs, they can just dupe away and soon they'll have ZODs, BERs, CHAMs, etc.

13. th5418

th5418 Banned

Oh, since all my arguments are flawed, tell me great lord. What is the ladder for? Just for the items?

14. d2 junkie

d2 junkie IncGamers Member

Well my question is this what happens to all the ladder items not available in ladder [andys visage ,reapers toll ,tomb reaver ect.]when the ladder resets are they going to dissapear or come into the economy with your chars,in wich case it could make ladder less apealing to some people,if this items are not exclusive to ladder only.comments?

15. wind

wind IncGamers Member

The greater appeal is actually being able to find those things in a game and of coarse no one will ever find one in non-ladder, trade maybe after the first reset, but not find. :idea:

Another appealling thing about ladder is the lack of godly items, compared to non-ladder. Some of the more accomplished gamers actually prefer the challenge of beating the game with second rate gear. And don't need the uber items to stay alive.

16. Lord Chaos

To start over 1.10 without the burden of duped/hacked and destroyed economy of regular game.

Yes, it is also for the items, AND very importantly, its for the new formulas, like runecubing (which I sooo wished for ever since runes came out) and upgrading to elites.

17. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

"Ladder-only" items

I myself am curious as to the "Ladder-only" items. You would reckon they'll be worth a lot once they're thrown into the non-ladder pool.

18. Thrakkorzog

Thrakkorzog IncGamers Member

I just found the Leviathan Kracken Shell in my single player game in the pit. It is listed as ladder only so I think those items would be available in single or open games

19. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I'll take the simple approach to this question. In blizzard's eyes the "point" of the ladder.....is to level high enough to appear on the ladder.

20. Shug_Ninx

Shug_Ninx IncGamers Member

Now you're just complaining for complaining's sake. Look, the hole point of ladder was for people to compete on an arena seperate from that of normal servers to see who gets to the top the fastest. Then after a few months Blizzard would reset so the "contest" would start over again. The side affect - or benefit - however you want to call it is that everyone has to start fresh on each new reset. It hasnt changed and it probably never will. We're all sorry that you got into something you didnt understand, but I guess you'll have to deal with it.