Reset: When's the first Enigma gonna pop?

Reset: When's the first Enigma gonna pop?

So we all know last ladder, it was a matter of days before the first Lamerdin was tele-ing around. Make a guess how fast we'll see one hosting Baalruns.

My guess is 27 hours after reset (on Europe that is, though Realm doesn't really matter).

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Re: Reset: When's the first Enigma gonna pop?

As long as it takes to find a rune and then dupe and upgrade it until they have one of each.

Erwwwd

Diabloii.Net Member

As long as it takes to find a rune and then dupe and upgrade it until they have one of each.
Weird idea that there are probably going to be Enigma's before a Jah or Ber has dropped yet.

mixritpitlik

Diabloii.Net Member

Within the first day. If they are indeed organized enough. I bet when i start playing the weekend after the reset there will be bots running Baalgames already fully decked out in Lamerdin( i like that^^) gear.

aishilee

Diabloii.Net Member

lol. lets hope blizzard introduce something to tackle all this bot dupe stuff in the reset. if not there is no point resetting.

Arkansaw

Banned

The reset is only good for the first few days for legit players. Subsequently, you need to solo to stay legit.

carnivore

Diabloii.Net Member

the first mal, ist or gul in the hands of a duper will be enough to create all high-end runewords. its just dupe and cube from there on.
so you could rephrase the question to: "how long will it take to get an organized group to hell hellforge?"

Arkansaw

Banned

...not to forget the sudden surge of players at ladder start is certainly helpful for the art of duplication

Furyan

Diabloii.Net Member

My guess is that the dupers will find an El in the normal Blood Moor, after which they dupe that to an Enigma :whistling:

Won't take long before they start popping, that's for sure.

Astronaut

Diabloii.Net Member

Is duping as frequent in hardcore? Does it start screwing things up later or is it about the same?

Mauz

Diabloii.Net Member

Lets see ladder resets, bot runners dont have a job, kids are out of school and have all the time in the world to play, 18 hours 35 min and 12 sec.:guiness:

Jednowlosy

Diabloii.Net Member

Within the first day. If they are indeed organized enough. I bet when i start playing the weekend after the reset there will be bots running Baalgames already fully decked out in Lamerdin( i like that^^) gear.
totally agree

If they are desperate they may start cubedupeing whatever normal countess drops

aishilee

Diabloii.Net Member

well. cubing from EL to zod is crazy lol. in the statistic forum .. around many mnay millions of el needed to make a zod rune from El. not mentioning the gems needed.

mixritpitlik

Diabloii.Net Member

As soon as they are organized and get their hands on a Um/Mal or even Ist, the fun is over.

I am just going to ignore that and have fun building my character from scratch again :)

I`m pretty sure that Blizzard will do something against dupers.
Otherwise the reset is kind of useless.Maybe even some in-game admins ? :whistling:

Widukind

Diabloii.Net Member

Since everyone knows botting and duping is rampant, and Blizzard hasn't done anything about it in years, I've been thinking that perhaps players should take matters into their own hands. The example I had in mind whas a sort of 'police squad' consisting of high level players who enter bot-baalruns, hostile the botter en masse and kill him. I don't know how bots react to hostile players or how much effect it would have on softcore botters, but it sure would have effect on hardcore. Then again, I don't know how big of a problem botting is on hardcore. Still, even if it wouldn't have much effect, I think it would make for a nice pastime activity :scratchchin:

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator

well. cubing from EL to zod is crazy lol. in the statistic forum .. around many mnay millions of el needed to make a zod rune from El. not mentioning the gems needed.
All you need is a single El rune. When reaching Thul, you also need one of each chipped gem, excluding skulls. You will dupe them as well, to have one chipped, flawed, normal and flawless gem of each type.

1. Find El
2. Dupe El until you have 4 of them
3. Cube up 3 El. Now you have El+Eld
4. Dupe Eld until you have 4 of them
5. Cube up 3 Eld. Now you have El+Eld+Tir

etc.