-res gear?

Blanket Thief

Diabloii.Net Member
-res gear?

I'm just curious how -res gear is "activated" does it perform like a conviction aura? if it's on a weapon, do you need to hit them with it first?

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator
Blanket Thief said:
I'm just curious how -res gear is "activated" does it perform like a conviction aura? if it's on a weapon, do you need to hit them with it first?
Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew :drink: and feel free to raise some corpses.

It is just a modifier your character carries with him. It isn't specific to a weapon. This means that if your -%Res is located in a weapon you don't actually have to hit the enemy with that weapon to gain the bonus. Any attack will do.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Mad Mantis said:
Any attack will do.
Any *direct* attack. Indirect attacks from minions (which includes traps) don't get the bonus.... so everyone should be sorry for those trapsins with their -5/5 lightning facets and perfect griffons :)

Necros are probably less vulnerable to this kind of mistake.

Blanket Thief

Diabloii.Net Member
Myrakh-2 said:
Any *direct* attack. Indirect attacks from minions (which includes traps) don't get the bonus.... so everyone should be sorry for those trapsins with their -5/5 lightning facets and perfect griffons :)

Necros are probably less vulnerable to this kind of mistake.
Ah, thank you. I also have another question ^.^';. Does the -res only affect your attacks?

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes. Think of it as an effect that gets added to any damage of the appropriate type that you and only you deliver personally. No minions. No party members. Curses and auras help everybody. -Res and damage enhancing mods only help you out.