Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rerolling rare gems

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Royaumm, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Royaumm

Royaumm Diabloii.Net Member

can you reroll rare gems with the same recipe as rerolling rare diadems?

Also do you think its worth investing pgems into that instead of crafting? Or should i just wait to find some good rare jewels?

Does anyone happen to know what are the best mods on a rare jewel that can spawn for a melee char? not like what the perfect value is for different things, more like what mods to look for. I was thinking ias, ed, res, and life. Do you guys know of anything else i should be looking for?

edit: I have also been trying to craft blood zerker axes. The are all horrible so far but my character is lvl 86 so that might be why lol. I was just wondering if anyone knows the levels required to craft: ias/fools/soc/dual leech and if anyone happens to know if those can all spawn on one crafted axe

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  2. helvete

helvete Diabloii.Net Member

Unless you're into low level duels, don't bother with rare jewel rolling. IAS is magic only, like all the best jewel affixes. Something like 30 single res 9str 9dex -15req would have its uses, but odds aren't good. Easier to just mf for them an maybe get some facets in the process.

Crafted weapons are for style points, not efficiency.

Earlier patches are better for these purposes. 1.07 for weapon crafts and 1.08 for rare jewels.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz Diabloii.Net Member

When I play untwinked, single-pass tournaments, I often reroll jewels quite a bit. The goal is often a Jewel of Fervor (+15% IAS). That affix has level 39, so the sweet spot for that is at ilvl 39 and a few ilvls higher.

ED and +min or +max damage would be other things to look for with a melee character. Resists and life are nice, but I think it's better to cover that with charms.

As for the crafted axes, do you mean you're crafting the item type Berserker Axe (elite War Axe)? If so, they have such high qlvl that the ilvl doesn't matter much for the affixes. I think you should just make sure that the resulting ilvl* is at least 71, to guarantee 4 random affixes.

*ilvl of a crafted item = half the crafting character's clvl/2 + ilvl of the magical axe/2 (rounded down in both cases).

(I don't know what you mean by 'soc', but all the other affixes can spawn on ilvl 71+)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  4. Royaumm

Royaumm Diabloii.Net Member

I run through very over leveled in SP and it gets fairly easy by the end. It really makes the game boring in SP cus its not like im dueling or ubering or anything. So to keep SP entertaining i make off meta builds and with my melee mancer I am adding the crafted items only requirement just to keep up the difficulty especially since hes grossly over leveled and its not as challenging as I expected a untwinked melee mancer to be.

by soc I meant socketed like a mechanics prefix or a similar mod that makes them socketed. With my crafting only req, I was thinking about how I would socket any crafts that I use soc q on or any that roll sockets and I decided, since I cant craft jewels I would only use rare jewels. I am mainly doing it to up the difficulty and also to make it to where I'm not able to use a cookie cutter build (not that a melee mancer really has one of those) but I want my gear to be unique so that I have to put thought into hitting breakpoints and getting resists and such. Plus it's stylish af :p . Another bonus to that is that my gear will never ever be perfect so crafting will always have the potential to be an upgrade. I really like the idea that my gear will never hit that end game point where no matter what i find/craft iut will never compare to what I have on which just makes single player a snooze fest because then why would I keep running on that char. I'm really hoping that the crafted only will keep single player fun after finishing hell baal whereas my other SP chars usually get a lot less entertaining after all the quests are completed.

So I do realize that crafting blood berzercer axes is definitely not the recomended way to gear a character but since I am doing it, I was hoping anyone already had experience with crafting them and could let me know what lvl is required for some of the best crafted weapons and what they are so I know what to look for. Like with blood rings I have made them in the past and know what the ideal mods to look for are but I have only made 3-4 axes so far so i dont know what kind of mod combinations are possible and I dont wanna drop the best one ever made because its outclassed my a grief and then find out that was the best I could have hoped for.

Anyone have any knowledge on crafting weird items like safety boots, blood helms/weps/body? Any experience you could share would be apreciated especially because im having to find all the crafting supplies myself and my necro does have a tele charged staff but its definitely not as quick as my sorc to farm the supplies lol. So I really need to know which of the gear is worth the most to me potentially so I know which to focus on dumping supplies into.

5. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

I agree with helvete that it is not worth the time and resources to re-roll rare jewels. In general they are just not that great.

Here is probably the best rare jewel I've ever found:
    Code:
    Shadow Gyre
    Jewel
    Required Level: 37
    Fingerprint: 0xf2f3e958
    Item Level: 60
    Version: Expansion 1.10+
    29% Enhanced Damage
    +10 to Minimum Damage
    +31% Damage to Undead
    +38 to Attack Rating against Undead
    Requirements -15% 

Pretty sure the max +ED% is 30 on rare jewels. If you find one with some decent +damage and magic find it might have a niche use (e.g. in an Ali Baba sword); I've saved a few of those. I have a couple rare jewels in my SC stash with high fire damage, but they'll probably never get used.