Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

rerolling jewels/ammys/rings

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by litokrn, May 19, 2008.

1. litokrn

litokrn IncGamers Member

rerolling jewels/ammys/rings

hello. so i looked on the arreat summit website, and on the d2ii website, but i couldnt find the recepie for rerolling jewels/ammys/rings.
    i learned from someone that 3pgems and a charm rerolls it for you, but is it the same for jewels/etc?
    also, i know for charms, the base level of the charm matters on how well it rerolls, so thats usually reserved for baal charms...does the same apply for the other items? can i junkjewel reroll really well, or should it have dropped from a high level monster to have a better chance at rolling well?
    thanks.

2. Aien

Aien IncGamers Member

Re: rerolling jewels/ammys/rings

The rerolling recipes are for the magical type of the item. The two recipes to know are these:

3 Perfect Gems (of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type

6 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Random Low Quality Rare Item of the same type

So, if you're looking to reroll any magic/blue item, it takes three perfect gems. If you're looking to reroll a rare/yellow, it's 6 perfect skulls.

Edit: I saw your edit. Where the item drops will determine the possible affixes it can get just the same as with rerolling charms. I'll let someone else fill in the specifics. In all honesty though, it's probably not worth it to reroll rings/amulets/jewels unless you're rerolling LLD jewels.

3. litokrn

litokrn IncGamers Member

Re: rerolling jewels/ammys/rings

oh...so that is the recepie then...thanks! =P guess i knew all along xD
    moderator, you can close this now

4. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

You can also "reroll" rings/amulets by themselves, no gems required.

3 rings = 1 amulet
    3 amulets = 1 ring

Just in case you have alot of junk pieces. Personally I've never got much of use out of this but then again I don't reroll the rings/amulets/junk jewels.