Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Rerolling charms

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by tugg, Mar 24, 2005.

1. tugg

tugg IncGamers Member

Rerolling charms

I am starting to get to that point where I accumulate pgems and none of the equipment I need is available for pgems. Consequently I was going to start re-rolling grand charms in hope of getting skillers. My question is - is any grand charm found on hell level going to be of sufficient level to have a shot at a skiller mod? Otherwise, is there a general rule as to how I could figure out whether a GC would be eligible to get a skiller mod?

-Tugg

2. GameFellow

GameFellow IncGamers Member

The rumour I have heard numerous times and will repeat here is that any grand charm found in Nightmare level Flayer Jungle and higher is item level high enough to generate +skill mod. I have rerolled GCs dropped from NM Flayer and NM Travincal many times and rerolled skillers...unfortunately all I seem to get is Barb warcries skill charms, when all I want is Pally skill charms... :rolleyes:

Any Hell level charm will work, but keep in mind that the item levels on those start to get higher and higher with many more mod/stat options when rerolling, which will decrease your odds for getting skill charm. If I were you I'd stick to NM Flayer or Travincal GCsc or Hell level Baal GCs (which can generate +1 skills and up to 50 life 2nd mod).

Good luck on your rerolls!

3. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

Skill charms require a minimum of ilvl 51. Anything higher than this and other prefixes/suffixes come into play. High ilvl charms have the possibility of spawning skill charms with +life as suffixes.

If you simply want +skills then a small ilvl range from 51 is all you require.

I can confirm, as GameFellow stated that NM Flayer Jungle is the appropriate area to run for either skill charms, or charms which can be used to cube them.

Other places to try: Lower Kurast (NM) and NM Cows.

4. ZoeS

ZoeS IncGamers Member

Like the previous posters said, the GCs dropped in NM Flayer Jungle are able to be rerolled with +skill mod. At one time I spent around 40 or so pgems to reroll two GCs I found in NM F.J. I was lucky and got a Fire skiller(plain) and a Summoning skiller (with some gold find).

My first post. Yay! :clap:

5. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

Technically speaking, any gc found in NM great marsh onward can spawn with a skiller mod. Flayer Jungle onward is sufficient though :)